Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Paris Hearts Tarte au Citron Yellow...

Gerard Mulot tartes waiting... I'm going to take a wild guess here and state that there is probably not a single patisserie in all Paris that does not offer their own version of tarte au citron...

It's like breathing air. So it's a natural that this yellow should also be all over Paris as well, on even a magazine/stationary shop on rue Saint-Andre-Des-Arts...

Now this IS an actual patisserie (on rue de Rosier), so hands down the choice of exterior paint was easy...

Another yellow exterior on rue Saint-Andre-Des-Arts. Please let me know if there are any tarte au citron-colored buildings in your town. There are none in New York as far as I know...

These tarte au citron-colored roses on rue Saint-Andre-Des-Arts were irresistable...should they change this street's name to Yellow/ Jaune street/ rue?

I missed the chance to taste this yellow diskus I went back to rue Vavin to get a taste of this glossy disk, but the "Deli" had become a fancy mod snack shop. Ah, missed opportunities...
Lastly, the perfect expression of a tarte au citron can be found in your basic Paris cafe - so pristine and lovely!

I'll be back tomorrow with the results of my research into Quelle est la meilleure tarte au citron de Paris.

Nothing like a little anticipation to keep the interest piqued.

As EVA said...J'attends le résultat du test avec impatience !

21 comments:

  1. Look at all that gorgeous lemon yellow! Yum! I don't believe I've ever actively looked for a building that color, but none at the moment come to mind. I can think of a couple of lavender ones locally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:39 AM

    I knew there was a yellow fever on in Paris every summer and that some of your country fellows got infected :
    http://www.berkeley.edu/news/students/2003/france/images/armstrong.jpg

    But I didn't know it was on the whole year through !
    Worse than I thought... and every body seem to be piqued !?!

    [In French "piqué" means stung (by bug) or loony.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses...(sigh)

    You cannot have roses without thorns......

    &

    You cannot have tarte au citron without calories......

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be continued .... sign of the times, nothing comes in one piece anymore, except the tarte au citron. ;-)
    I remember one yellow building that could fit your requirements.
    Shall have to put my walking shoes on ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have a crepe in that shop. Those boutiques are very pretty and particular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone who wishes to discuss
    CALORIES on this site can head over to Weight Watchers tout à suite.
    They are toying with TOTAL banishment from Paris Breakfasts!
    Forewarned is forearmed...
    Grrrrrrr
    This site is concerned with aesthetics, containers, colors.
    Visual stimulation if fine.
    But abstention will put you over the line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Paris tarts of citron YELLOW
    Can make some fellow
    Bellow for JELLO...
    Of course there's always limone vitello...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Somebody catch this lady before she paints the town yellow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:11 AM

    OOooohhhh, I love what I always think of as the "French yellow," and you put it here on your site!!! I have always thought they're so beautiful. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol,
    I think Simon's was really a cry for a yellow care package! ;-)

    ---

    Btw, ever heard of Schönbrunner Yellow? Wonder how much it differs from the Parisian one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Let WW's eat dry cake.. we will stick with the COLORFUL visual tarts...And oh what VISUAL STIMULATION this is everyday. ;-)
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  12. American moutarde.

    Yes, there is a house down the street painted this color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your photos and watercolors are always so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Put yellow in the British light and it looks like baby puke but in France it's just something else. I can't walk past that shop on rue de Rosier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Love the yellows-so daring and uplifting! I especially love the shade on the patisserie-there may be a victorian in my town painted yellow-these ladies, as the victorian houses are called, are sometimes painted bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My bedroom is a bright yellow - think I'm going to call it tarte au citron, as opposed to its previous nickname "Spongebob Yellow".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colors-so interesting to follow you around these fun places!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:54 PM

    I love that yellow! I have seen one store with a similar exterior in Houston, but they don't sell anything edible.

    (I'm not sure if I should leave a 'long time reader, first time poster' type comment, but I will anyway.) You're definitely my favorite of the "painting a day" blogs. It's the food. I've added you to my favorites links.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Là j'aime le jaune, pour une fois... merci pour cette beauté !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a photo of the Rue des Rosiers Patisserie from my last stay in Paris. I didn't get to try their tartes though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the yellow tables and polka dot looking black chairs. I would love to paint that!
    Such a delight to look at your yellow collection!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you