Monday, January 01, 2007

What Did You Wear New Year's Eve..?


Cafe Richard cup and tea pot

Tea at Cafe Luco, original watercolor, 8 1/2" x 11"
Nothing like a good strong cup of coffee or tea "the morning after" celebrating...

Bergdorf Goodmans' windows tell us what we should wear New Year's Eve. I hope your date didn't show up in a turtleneck? He could at least put on black tie...

Shopping last minute for the BIG night? The clock is ticking. What to wear..?

Might as well get a shot of yourself in all your finery...

Now where is that date? Late again..?


Did your date show up wearing nothing but a bow tie? Even if it was black tie. There are rules of de rigeur...(something is de rigeur, if you want to be thought fashionable.)


BONNE JOURNEE 2007 !

12 comments:

  1. I wore les blue jeans. Avec les tennis shoes et sweater. Tres comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Happy New Year --
    Bonne continuation with you wonderful art and writing.
    Amicalement,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Une petite robe de fête ?
    She Who Flies

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little black dress, is what I wore. simple basic.
    But I wouldn't mind wearing that blue fluffy cupcake looking dress, what fun that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jammies...
    Me too :)
    But I was painting blue cups...
    Is that a good excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man was I EVER underdressed for New Year's in my flannel PJs!! LOL I was watching grand children -- am I forgiven? LOL WONDERFUL painting as always, Carol -- I eagerly await your new work in 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Carol, As long as you keep painting you need NO excuse's for anything! ;-)
    Hoping to see lot's more on here this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:41 PM

    We dressed up some earlier, but then came home, put our big, bulky velour robes on, slippers, and made pina coladas (somehow they became our tradiiton in lieu of champagne on New Year's eves) to watch the ball drop in Times Square on different channels on TV. (Can't believe I actually used to GO to Times Square when I was younger--now, I'm perfectly content to sit by a cozy fire all bundled up and comfortably cheer in the New Year with my honey.) The world and so much sadness is "too much with us" right now, and it's just really nice to sit back and enjoy family, friends and all the really good things that have happened this past year. I hope 2007 brings us all joyful moments with those dear to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:49 PM

    And a very happy new year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly don't have the right clothes-beautiful photos-I loved that bear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Bonne année 2007!
    I was wearing my work clothes:
    black trousers, black cachemere top, black high heels... as I was working!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you