Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Le Salon des Champagnes et des Patisseries Fines, Pavillon Ledoyen



What a fabulous whirlwind the past few weeks have been ending in the grand finale - the 2-day Le Salon des Champagnes et des Patisseries Fine at Pavillon Ledoyen Sunday was a festive family day - many children (free from ages 3-10). Monday was for professionals, journalists, restauranteurs etc.

I'm just coming down to earth...maybe too many bubbles.

My work station next to the pastry demo station.

Fortunately I painted quite a few champagne glasses before I left the house Sunday morning.

The perfect setting for all the exquisite desserts. New Hotel Crillon pastry chef Pablo Gicquel demonstrates a miniature version

His choux d'amor - vanilla creme, almond praliné, vanilla bean

My watercolor of his chou d’amour 

Patissier chef Guillaume Sanchez signs my watercolor.
Chef James Berthier of Sucré Cacao made this lush morsel - a deep chocolate base, plus black cherry, plus black sesame flavored chantilly on top.

Pavillon Ledoyen's pwn pastry chef, Aurélien Rivoire combined courgette flowers and strawberries with a vanilla cream.

Staff plate 100 sample desserts as the crowd looks on, waiting impatiently.

Pavillon Ledoyen's top 3-star chef, Yannick Alleno jumps in to help the team plate desserts

Miniature peach-red current meringue pavlovas from Cafe Pouchkine's chef Nina Métayer. I missed tasting this one but I had the full-size dessert earlier in the week at Pouchkine. I was 'rehearsing' for the big event.

Don’t forget the 34 stations of champagne! Many fabulous producers were present.


It was an opportunity to taste smaller family brands like grand cru, De Sousa


Plus renown names like Billecart Salmon, Pol Roger, Taittinger, Lanson.


A number of wineries asked me to paint their bottles onsite


I loved painting this deep green bottle of Aspasie plus the chunk of chalk from their caves.


All tasting glasses were provided by Spiegelau,


A big THANK YOU to the many PBers
who showed up at the salon, including macaron queen, Jill Colonna of Mad about Macarons, whose background training was as a sommelier. The two days were a delightful whirlwind of tasting, painting, and imbibing beautiful bubbles. Plus the chance to participate with Paris top chefs. Now back to Paris realité. If you'd like a dessert or champagne watercolor or letters from Paris let me know🥂🍾🍒. Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast. Cheers Carolg

32 comments:

  1. Carolyn I5:54 PM

    Hey there!!! It looks like you had a fabulous time over the weekend at the huge event! I cannot imagine being able to paint with everyone watching!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point 4-5 people had their iphones turned on me. It didnt bother me but I wish I'd gotten a shot of them!

      Delete
  2. Carol I have no words....you know how much my sister and I love your work...I feel as though I was there-thank you for taking us along....what a time ….WHAT A TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly WHAT A TIME! I was spinning trying to keep up with all the pastries, patissiers, painting, tasting and then there was THE CHAMPAGNE ! You can be my assistant next time 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

      Delete
  3. Carol, it was fantastic to see you looking so effervescent. What a table you had in such surroundings and I had such a ball visiting the Pavillon with you, too! Thank you for enticing me out to Paris for a such an event. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting..everything..I just wrote on IG..I don't know how you SEE things the way you do..your glasses..are phenom..I tried copying..you know why to learn to draw..but half of it is in the eye.I don't see things like you do:) SAD.
    Fab Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice makes perfect Monique!
      Although I'll say I thought these were better than past painted champagne glasses...maybe because I was rushing and didnt fuss too much with making them perfect...I was just after an impression..

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is such fun -- totally to die for! I love your sketches. I might have to break down here. I'm trying to be frugal before France but oh my! They have both charm and elegance and of course your wonderful style. You look divine.

    A question -- are things like the salons open to the public (for a fee, of course!) I can only imagine the joy of attending one and wondering if they have any in October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there was a 'family day' (35€) and a professional day (free but less fun IMHO)

      Delete
    2. In early Octber the fete du Brie in Melun is 20 minutes by train, free and a fabulous cheese fete for the whole town. Its on PB Jeanie

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Carol. I'll check it out. I think we'll be there Oct. 10, 11 and 12. Fingers crossed. If not, I suppose there is always anotehr trip!

      Delete
  6. Ditto to all of the above. How do you drink champagne AND paint at the same time? I can see my brush in the champagne before I get to the second glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny sips now and then,
      Not while painting. There was no mistakng my waterjar for the champers !

      Delete
  7. Carol,
    I can see you are "suffering" for your art. LOL.
    Everything looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy B12:30 PM

    Wow, I love today’s post so much. My mouth is watering! And I have to say your paintings of the champagne bottles are FAB. In addition, the final shot of your post....the one of the macron queen tasting as seen from across the room thru a glass is TERRIFIC! Clever you with SUCH a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would seem you have created an amazingly wonderful life for yourself....and thanks for the sharing of all the wonders you come across. Lucky all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "90% is showing up" (in Paris) Woody Allen said 👍🏻

      Delete
  10. Kathleen H12:36 PM

    Wow - desserts to die for and champagne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a tiring but fantastic time carol! Congratulations! I was thrilled for you! Especially those subway walls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Judy!
      Not that tiring 😄🥂

      Delete
  12. Winewalker1:40 PM

    Sounds like you have an affinity for Champage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have an affinity for Champagne GLASSES ! 🥂🥂🥂🥂

      Delete
  13. Judy H1:44 PM

    Fabulous and love the last shot through the glass������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of those 'happy accidents' !

      Delete
  14. Beyond exciting - would so have loved being there to see you in your glory. All of the glasses, bottles & pastries look so divine. I don't see how you could keep up & sure hope you got your sketches signed by all the appropriate chefs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A star for a day is A OK!
    The star chefs signed. No problem 👍🏻❤️💋

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thrilled you had such a premier spot in which to share your talents. And what a view you had! This truly does sound like a fine two days, much deserved.
    Hi to Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This salon looks amazing Carol! Glad you had a great time there after your posters in the metro. The chefs look very happy to sign your fabulous paintings. The champagne and desserts look delicious. MERCI :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sudah seru, odds nya menguntungkan lagi!!. itulah permainan sabung ayam online di agen sabung ayam
    Dapatkan informasi penting dalam dunia sabung ayam di website bawah ini
    https://works.bepress.com/taruhanayamonline/21/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Yes! This looks like my kind of party! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you