Thursday, March 29, 2012

French Dogs Drink Champagne


 French dogs drink Champagne.
Who knew?
 'Shanghai' drinks Perrier on a hot day in the park.
 There are water fountains for French dogs at the marche.
 They have their own celebrity mugs decorated with Tintin's Milou/Snowy.
 French dogs on occasion ride in a pousette with an umbrella!
French dogs get 'prioritaire' seating on the Metro.
 Yet it's not unusual for French dogs to make betises/be naughty and eat food off the street (even after it's been on the ground more than 3 seconds).
 It's perfectly OK for French dogs to jump up on strangers.
 Bringing Up Bebe is my guide to understanding French behavior and I've come to the conclusion French children are far better behaved than French dogs.
In fact French dogs are spoiled rotten.
Even American dogs are better behaved.
 I bought this book because I liked the pictures. It's table manners for princesses-to-be. I can use this.
 For example, one does NOT say,
'GO TO THE TABLE!' or shout, 'DINNER!'
Instead say gently/doucement,
'We will now go to the table'
One should NEVER say,
'EAT!' either.
 I bought this plate illustrated by French artist Soledad Bravi because it was cute. But it's a 'message' plate telling a child,
'I eat with my mouth closed'
 French kid's plates don't say,
'Good Job' or 'All Gone!'
but instill good manners from the getgo.
I sat next to a 4-year old boy on the bus.
His maman/mom was nearby with a younger child in a pousette.
I overheard them whispering, including a 'pardon, Madame'.
(BTW listening to little kids is a great way to learn French)
When his mom said, 'Now we will get off the bus'
The little boy said to me in a loud voice,
'PARDON, MADAME'.
I wanted to reply, 'Merci, Monsieur' :)
French cats are better behaved than French dogs BTW. Should someone write manners book for dogs?
'Bringing Up Toutou/doggie'
 

22 comments:

  1. Delightful!

    Paws on the seat - how embarrassing for the poor dog! Owner behaving badly.

    The cats are a shining example on washing one's food before dining on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha
      I didn't see the cats that way, but I am afraid you are correct.
      How naive of me...
      I thought they were just giving mousie a bath, hmmm

      Delete
  2. Seen any "Bringing up Froggies"
    ...think could find some use for... :D
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. Great post on the doggies ... glad you are having fun. Doggies are allowed everywhere it seems. Karen in CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggies! Love how they get the bubbles, though.
    These bowls and plates are brilliant. I stocked up on them recently and gave all my nephews and nieces them. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was drawn to them last trip because of the bright colors..
      Later on I realized I could gain some good table manners thrown into the deal.

      Delete
  5. Those are such cute photos!! And you are so right about French dogs. They get treated like kings here! If I were a dog, I'd love to live in Paris. :)

    x Milsters

    http://littlepiecesoflight.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that last photo a play on words with our Micky Mouse? Virginia (Paris Through My Lens) did a post with dogs, and I also predicted a Bringing up le chien (toutou) book! Perhaps you could do the illustrations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last illustration - it looks just like my cats Harry and Sam playing with the mouse (yes a real one, not even kidding) they found in the bathroom the other morning.

    Yes, there was screaming involved on my part.

    Are French dogs good mousers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow where you live Amy in MN,
      I imagine moose sticking their heads in your windows when you bake cookies and polar bears strolling on the front lawn, so a mouse or two would not be out of order IMHO.

      Delete
  8. But of course les chats are more refined than les chien. *sniff*

    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute !! When I was just in France, I saw a dog riding in a backpack :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. To think of all the things Ozzie missed! I never shared a drop of bubbly with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget the bubbly, you deprived him of a trip to France with me also, ahem.
      He would have been even more adored.

      Delete
  11. Make a betise? Surely not! They're far too adorable! Totally love this post :))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me from the opening photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paris Pascale5:18 PM

    Thank you so much for showing Shanghai drinking Perrier.
    you are a great photographe
    enjoy your last days in Paris
    Love
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie would be in Dog Heaven in Paris. She is a nice spoiled rotten dog... but shhh don't tell her she's a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scampi has been known to balance precariously by his toenails on the chair arm to stretch way over to lick the last sip from an unattended wine glass! also the streets of Paris would be clean from his helpful crumb erradication service! he is spoiled enough to fit right in there! My cats would be so blassie that even Paris would not impress them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is a big step...but they say you mainly regret things you did not do rather than things you did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. mieledi4:58 AM

    I adore this post!
    Soooo True too

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you