Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hot Chocolate


Chocolat Chaud at Angelinas, watercolor on paper, 9" x 11 1/2"
Right now you can't have too much hot chocolate IMHO. This is from the famous Angelina's and served with their pile of whipped cream.
Every year at the
Paris Salon du Chocolat, Chantal du Chouchet shows her huge collection of rare chocolatières. 

Here is the wooden moulinet that fits in the top and used to foam the chocolate since the 17th century. Madam de Pompadour ordered the first chocolate service from Sevres. And was not far behind... beautiful bean I was ranting on about last month. PLEASE get to know your cacao beans!


An unusual rare Art Déco pot still has the hole in the top for the moulinet..

Look! Chantal even has a doll house-size chocolatière and in silver too!
Silver Chocolat Pot, original watercolor on paper, 12" x 15"
I found my own silver chocolatière in May at La Vaissellerie. I was thrilled but it's a "fake". No hole in the top for foaming the chocolate. Just don't tell anyone. 
This unique chocolatière is cleverly shaped like theMarie-Antoinette

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Who'd a thunk it?
    Hot chocolate comes from a bean like this?
    The source of all wintery bliss.
    You've raised my esteem.
    Hale the almighty BEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 AM

    I just adore the shape of chocolate pots! They seem so sexy and yes 'delicious'!!! I have been trying to find a miniature one for my dollhouse for ages, you'd think someone would dream that up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silver sheen on the pot, plus the cherry and macaroon (?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:28 PM

    The whites are more pinkie in this one..
    The shadows make the shapes!
    SJB

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok! I will not tell a soul...
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway you serve eat is fine with me as long as it is chocolate!

    Your paintings are beautiful!! I like the touch of citron in that glass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I JUST LOVE THE WAY YOU DO WATERCOLORS! SOFT, WONDERFUL BLENDS OF COLOR!!! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen these before?? Love your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:42 AM

    Very lovely paintings of one of a favorite treat (clearly made with perfect equipment)... hot chocolate in winter is the ultimate comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel better, I don't know, more virtuous, when I have chocolate instead of wine at night in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the uncanny knack of bringing back to me little things I love about Paris. Thanks.
    I now want a vintage chocolatiere!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:27 AM

    I can't take it anymore, I had to paint a tea cup! I guess after seeing all this coffee, tea, and now Chocolate, Its in my brain.

    I have a bit of a weight problem and I may have to to stop visiting your site so much. It makes me want to eat.

    No really, I love your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:48 PM

    please please tell me where I can buy an authentic chcolate pot with the wooden stirrer like those fabulous ones pictured on your web site !! ebay .com does not have these types of chocolate pots .
    email me at bilingualslp@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Awesome! You are an incredible artiste! I have to love this!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you