Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Bit of French Fluff..

It only takes a small bit of fluff or fur to be 'IN' this winter in Paris. And your dog can wear it if you'd rather not...
A fluffy-faux furry-shruggie thing will do... If you insist, it can be orange and from SONIA... But frankly it doesn't matter where you get your fluff. Or who made it... Granted, this kid's snow suit will cost you a bundle and is probably Dior.
Surely you have an old bit of fur to stitch into a hood?
Gerard Darel stitches it on to a bag this season.
Fur-esque boots were the most unusual bit of fluff seen on Paris streets.
A furry shawl collar thing will do it.
The 'Lady-like' look is always in fashion and a fur scarf is just the added touch.
Like this French girl dans le rue.
A fur-jacketed kid with a Burberry mom.
A grown-up furry jacket worn with all grey dans la rue.
October was mille-feuille month What a fluffy dessert that is.
Gerard Mulot does superb fluffy desserts like no one else in Paris.
A real walking-on-all-four-legs bit of French fluff.
M. told me to go to Bon Marche's basement to catch the fluffy peluches/teddy bears.
BEAR never denies himself admiring a bit of French fluff.
Really he's incorrigible.
BONJOUR PARIS FLUFF!

19 comments:

  1. Carol

    Funny I was just thinking about you and wondering why I was not receiving your daily blog..... did receive the test though... C'est la vie', happily it will be fixed, you are like my morning coffee, and newspaper.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi Eiffel Tower4:14 PM

    very sweet - the kissing couple!
    However did you get that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep laughing at all the fur shrug things - here & everywhere. I never ever wanted to take a fashion tip from Sonny Bono.

    A friend did send me a (fake) fur ladylike scarf/collar & that's fine...

    GG would like a dog but I told her she has to get a job to pay for it & also she has to walk it. She piped right down.

    Cheers, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the French fluff! Especially the orange one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all the fluff.. but that 4 legged French fluff looked like a leash on a fluffy purse instead of a real dog. Too funny:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this post makes me realise just how much French fluff has already infiltrated this house. We must be more fashionable than I thought!
    Sharon
    My French Country Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shot of the woman crossing the street at dusk - great light.
    As to the furs - I like the boots! I must have a leather fetish ;)
    Love the pastries, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a fur scarf and shrug. Maybe next winter! Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fluffy came through both
    as a test and the real thing.
    As an animal lover may I suggest a visit to:
    Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature
    Hotel de Guenegaud_hotel de Mongelas
    62 Rue des Archives
    75003 Paris
    I think you would find it very interesting.
    Open Tuesday to Sunday, 11am - 6pm
    www.chassenature.org
    Warmest wishes for your forthcoming Thanksgiving holiday,
    Elwyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. or you fluff could be feathers. this is one of my designer dog coats on heidi, my star model. she was with us on monday's lovely last chance picnic on the rio grande before winter. we can be very chic in the boonies, too!
    keep the paris breakfasts coming, girl!
    love,
    katy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, Rose the Rat Terrier would so like one of those little coats with the fur trim!! Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh joyous day! Finally I will be au courant with my RABBIT fur outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS- I received the test but not the blog posting itself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Love the fluffy boots! Love all the fluff actually. Funny how the fluffy pooch is exactly the same shape as the fluff on the dessert.

    And I'm so glad to receive your posts again. Was worried I had been cut off!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love a little fur...as long as it is Faux!

    l.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! I just realized that I'm going to be able to see (via your blog) Paris in all its Christmasy, snowy, winter glory ! How exciting Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I received all the tests and post :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nik from Brisbane Australia7:16 AM

    I love your blogs, I love Paris (it is nearly a year since my wonderful xmas - I will have to rectify that svp!), and..... I love Bear, thank you for sharing him with us, something is missing when he is not popping up in there somewhere, bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My very, very, very hairy cat (named, aptly, Harry) would fit right in with the Parisians! Check out his latest adventure here: http://www.amykortuem.blogspot.com - he lit up the night with all that fluffiness!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you