Thursday, December 28, 2023

Mélodies Graphiques

 I’ve been trying to get to melodies graphiques all week. I finally made it yesterday. 

It’s on 10, rue du Pont Louis-Phillippe, 75004


All because of a robin I’d seen on their Instagram…the only existing robin in Paris

Some fixations do not go away easily…

Have you been to Mélodies Graphiques? I wrote about them 4 years ago. Yes, they have bears🐻 

And all manner 

Of treasures

They actually have 2 shops side by side

The one on the left is mainly a papeterie 

With all manner of pens,

Inks & ink wells

Notebooks, sketchbooks, special papers

A calligrapher’s paradise 

You could so easily go nutz here. People do right & left. 

I know. I used to be one of those nutz 🌰 I took a pointed pen calligraphy class with Eleanor Winters at Melodie Graphics. 

I had the bright idea I could address all your Paris Letters with Copperplate handwriting ✍️ La la la la la

Back to my insane robin search in the other shop

Which contains mainly whimsical frippery. 
That gold Victorian hand thing is 90€ I think. 
I looked up ‘frippery’ noun showy or unnecessary ornament in architecture, dress, or language.

I asked about the robin & she said, “follow me.” It was in the window. 180€ for the robin !! Handmade no doubt.

I had completely missed it. There are three birds 🐦 🐦 🐦 in the window! Unnecessary is the key word here ☺️

Anyhoo I think I’m fine with my new bear 🐻 
You can Receive Parisbreakfast letters, mapand watercolors in your mailbox 📮 
 ☕️ Or buy me a KO-FI ☕️ 
❤️ 🎵Thank you for being a friend 🎵❤️


27 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 AM

    Oh oh oh!! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 AM

    I love it! That is the most adorable bear A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go crazy in that shop! My house is filled with frippery! My new word 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely robin but I think I'd head straight to the papeterie! I don't think I would ever leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:29 AM

      They close at 7 pm

      Delete
  5. Papeterie is un point faible pour moi.Bear is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I would go nutz
    in that shop too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:30 AM

      There is something in the air. You lose all sense & cents

      Delete
  7. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Infinite joys of Paris and you allow us a thrill through your eyes! Oh frippery!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:42 AM

      It’s funny. The many shops called Frippery sell so-called vintage clothes & jeans in the Marais.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Melodies Graphiques is my favorite store in all of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:59 AM

      It is hard to top 👍

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Are you wearing bear ears? Looks like you are in your reflection in photo with golden hand thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:00 AM

      YES! Cool of you to notice. The tail is taking longer to appear…

      Delete
  10. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Your new bear is so cute! Is he on friendly terms with vieux bear?

    ReplyDelete
  11. sukicart12:23 PM

    I love those two shops. Always worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:31 PM

    I love that shop! So Paris! I tried to buy the white dish with a head ( in your photo) but they said NFS. I found it at my other favorite shop, Astier de Vilette. Marie Antoinette’s head on a platter, incense burner. Love your new bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:44 PM

      Hmm…I was in both places. i must have seen that MA head in a platter 🤔

      Delete
  13. Bonnie L12:58 PM

    Great shop, Carol. I can see why you are enamored. Until you find that elusive robin, wee bear should keep you happy…he is adorable! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:42 PM

    keep on, keeping on! A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Carol, there are several wooden painted robins on sale here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/market/wooden_robin_bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:19 PM

      Thank you! That was very helpful 🐦

      Delete
  16. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Keep those bears coming in 2024!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:39 PM

    My twin and I would go crazy in the right side shop. Crazy. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Ooooh! I will have to look for that shop whenever I get back to Paris! Also, I understand your obsession with the small round, fat European robins! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:49 AM

      Yes much more adorable. It would be nice to actually see a European robin, but I would have to go to Périgord 🐦

      Delete
  19. Wow! 180 euros for a hand made robin!!! Two fascinating shops though. Your bear painting in the Angelina cup is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you