Monday, December 25, 2023

I went to buy stamps on Saturday

 

JOYEUX NOËL EVERYONE !! I went uptown to buy more stamps late Saturday 

Completely forgetting it was a big day for last-minute shoppers & window gazers. This is Printemps!


After I buy stamps, I usually go to Galerie Lafayette le Gourmet for a snack & browsing. Fortunately the Asian counter is never mobbed.

My go-to snack is an ‘omelette au poulet’. A hamburger-sized ball of noodles. Whether there is chicken or eggs in it I have no idea. If you know do tell🙏

The rest of the store was mobbed like Black Friday or like they were giving away stuff. They were not.

I started following pretty shopping bags 🛍️ 🙄

I followed these shopping bags

Down the escalator… 

Fun to see what Parisians are having for their big Christmas dinner.

They eat it on Christmas Eve (December 24th) – not Christmas Day & it’s called “Le Réveillon”. What do you have traditionally?

Hmm…🤔 Smoked salmon 🍣 is a traditional Parisian holiday food. 

Maison Verot charcuterie has a counter in GLG with very fancy pâté en croûte if you’re so inclined. I love ❤️ the pretty patterns. 

I guess it’s universal for everyone to don Santa hats & red Santa suits on their dogs. The bus driver was wearing one 🎅 And they were playing 🎵 Jingle Bells 🔔 in my Metro Station yesterday.

The bear 🐻 cub in bed bûche de Noël had not found a home yet. (Malmö Dodo-Biscuit amande, ganache légère Vanille de Madagascar, Caramel mou au beurre salé, pralinë pecan. 59€)

I didn't stick around to find out. Time to head home. The streets were mobbed so I walked over to Opera to catch my metro. 

Speaking of bears 🐻 Suki commented, 
I'm partial to bears. I have the small Ritz bear sitting in a small Luxembourg chair. Joyeux Noel to you and Bear,Carol. A seed was planted.

Yesterday I went back to The Ritz

For a second look at the bear 🐻 keychain. 

It was an easy choice. 
Hello Ritz Bear 🐻 
I took the bear inside for a few shots 📷 
A towering security guy came over & took my iPad away. 
He said, “I’ll show you how to take the picture! “ 
But he missed the little French girl 👧 in the background ☺️
❤️  HAVE A WONDERFUL, JOYOUS DAY, DEAR PBers  ❤️
Thank you for all your kind support & encouragement 🙏
XXX Carolg 🐻🐻 ❤️



23 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas from South Carolina! We always have fish chowder on Christmas Eve. Going to friends for Christmas dinner. We are having roast lamb and baked ham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:37 AM

      Fish chowder ❤️ Yum I miss that. Beth

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L9:36 AM

    Yay! So glad you got another bear…Bear has a little bro’! Fun times at Lafayette Gourmet! I would have followed the guy with the huge Caviar bag home. We had whatever Davoli was making. 😉 Happy Holidays, Carol (and Bear & 2)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:36 AM

      Bear 🐻 has a bro. They are circling each other cautiously…

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:39 AM

      Hmm…that’s Petrossian Still very good 👍

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Thank you for all the smiles you bring me with your posts ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Merry Christmas from 13 st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Merry Christmas from Little River, California. And thank you for the entertaining posts which bring back memories of our times in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:14 PM

      My favorite song - Kate & Anna McGarrigle -Talk to me of Mendocino
      https://youtu.be/g-Cudn4goNo?si=V893ozJejI2nlCWN

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:58 AM

      Beautiful, thank you. I had never heard that before.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:08 AM

    Merry Christmas Carol! So glad you got the cute little Ritz bear key chain for yourself. As always lovely photos of Paris life. Happy New Year!-Suzanne P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 PM

      Thanks Suzanne 🧸 I love shooting around Paris 📷 Always funny things to see

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Merry Christmas ! Thanks for the glimpses of Paris life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Am I miss remembering or was it Larry W who encouraged you to include Bear in your blogs? Merry Christmas to you and your bears! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:03 PM

    A very Merry Christmas from Iowa! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. sukicart1:15 PM

    Carol. I'm flattered you mentioned me today and glad you got the little Ritz bear. Please tell Bear not to be concerned, he is still very special. Again, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:49 PM

      Haha Thanks Suki ☺️ I’m very happy with the new addition 🙏

      Delete
  11. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Thank you for bringing Paris to us! Your drawings are full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:43 PM

      ✏️❤️✏️❤️✏️❤️✏️❤️ Thank you

      Delete
  12. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Merry Christmas from Southwestern Florida where we enjoyed a roasted beef. tenderloin, polenta, roasted carrots, and strawberry salad, followed by a huge 5-layer Carrot Cake.
    Enjoy your Joyeux Noël ! Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:42 PM

      YUM Carrot 🥕 🥕🥕 Cake!!

      Delete
  13. Anonymous11:40 PM

    So cute! And he is the perfect size for the chair 💚 now your bear has a bear friend 🥰 Solli

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought he was taking your IPAD or good:( Smoked salmon etc was on my brunch buffet table too:)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you