Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Yesterday I went to BHV Marais

 

Yesterday afternoon at 4:30 I figured I could hop on bus 67 to Hotel de Ville, drop letters at the post, catch BHV’s Xmas windows. Then come home and ‘hop’ back into bed. Ha

It turned out Hotel de Ville la Poste 📮is now infinitivement FERMÉ 👎 But the Hotel de Ville Xmas Marché was in full swing. 

I took a quick spin around, just browsing..It was a nice night out.

And headed to BHV for your window report.

The theme is a woodsy Christmas in the forest 🐻🎄🐿️ 

The Beau Bazar takes you to the heart of an enchanted clearing to celebrate the most magical time of the year. 

Let yourself be guided by our hosts; the Fox, the Bear, the Blue Jay (looks like a parrot 🦜 to me) and the Hedgehog accompany you through the woods towards the most magical of New Years Eve. 

Everyone is gathered under the canopy, in the dancing shadow of the illuminated branches that make the fireflies sparkle, the table is set and the gifts accumulate at the foot of the majestic fir trees. Yadda yadda yadda

The calm of the forest gives way to festivities and celebrations are in full swing
.’ All copy c/o BHV. You get the drift. See the parrot 🦜 ?

There were some nice animals inside. Ducky 🦆 pitchers.

Hare rabbit 🐇 plates. Sorry BHV. Hmm…not too thrilling. What do you think? 

Meanwhile in New York Lois Flowers took pity 

And kindly sent some stupendous

Bergdorf Goodman window pics 👏🎉

Some Real Glam & Glitz 

The way it’s supposed to be during the holidays ! Hallelujah 

Please visit Lois’ stunning floral watercolors in appreciation 👏

Speaking of florals..I picked up some nice new YSL perfume cards at BHV to go inside the perfume shop map.
I did make it to the other post office with your letters 💌 & bought more soup and Clementines 🍊 Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast. 
☕️ Or you can buy me a KO-FI ☕️ 
❤️Thank you dear PBers for all your kind get-well wishes ❤️ I am def on the mend and have drunk enough soup 🍜 forever
Bon Journée from BHV’s hérisson/hedgehog

28 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:25 AM

    So glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did that blue bird parrot end up in the BG NYC window?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these windows, Carol! They're my favorites -- really enchanting and a Christmassy feel without being too splashy and gaudy. I like the BHV's much better than the Bergdorf version.. The BG windows have no warmth and for me, Christmas is warmth. (I do have to say those bunny plates leave me cold -- and I'm a sucker for bunnies and dishes.)

    So glad you are on the mend. And I'd love to visit that marche. It's magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:18 AM

      Hmm…you can take the girl outta Kansas, but can you take Kansas outta the girl

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:23 AM

    me too i vote for BHV windows.i like them much better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you are feeling better. I like the BHV windows…ok maybe the rabbit plate isn’t so great but other wise I too prefer them to Bergdorf’s and Bon Marche. What is going on at La SAMARITAINE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:20 AM

      La SAMARITAINE Next Up Please 🎉

      Delete
  6. Bordallo Pinheiro Cabbages ..the rabbit dishware ..looks like it I find..Sounds like you are well again:) Love the forest:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:21 AM

      Monique so good at naming names 👍

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:32 AM

    The general consensus seems to be pro-Woodsy!
    Oh dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Yes LOVE the woodsy Christmas with all the greenery. When i read your opening sentence "i figured i could hop on bus 67" it struck me you are such an expert on the bus system, the grands magasins, lots of small interesting boutiques AND all the expos. It would be so helpful if you would create and sell a small guidebook - nothing fancy, not a coffee table book - but a simple guidebook. It does not have to be overwhelming, you could do it in sections. Guiding us to the best festivals each month, to the grands magasins could be another section, and then some of your favorite shops could be another sestion. A project to start in 2024! Just knowing the bus system would be reason enouth to buy it. Please!!!
    Abbie Vianes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:52 PM

      Abbie, I love how you think ❤️

      Delete
  9. Bonnie L11:45 AM

    Good for you for getting out and about! Glad you are feeling better. I’ll take the Paris department store windows any day! I don’t think people come here for ‘glitz & glam’. BHV’s windows looked charming. I even liked the red bears at Le Bon Marché! Keep getting better…😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Paris windows I think are smaller? The woodsy theme is very cozy. Except for that weird bird! Nit a fan of the bunny plate byt do love your post! Do you take a ride on the carousel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:50 PM

      No, I think the BG windows narrower.
      Me ride a carrousel? No way!!

      Delete
  11. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:49 PM

    You are right. The NY windows are absolutely fab Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. sukicart4:07 PM

    Love all the windows-grew up going into Chicago to see the windows at Marshall Fields. Bunny plates are a negative but I love that hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Hi Carol... Glad to send over our NY Xmas Bergdorf Goodman Windows!!! the GLAMOUR!!!! The imagination and attention to detail! Everything is an objet d'art!!!!
    BG windows are Always a must in a NY Xmas visit... Love your Paris escapades!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Team Bon Marché here. Love the woodsy theme !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:13 PM

    Sorry to be ignorant, but what does BHV stand for? On another note, I am very glad that you are feeling better. I don't send comments very often, but I am a very faithful reader of your Paris Breakfasts newsletters, I feel like I am almost there. Peut-être, une fois, on se rencontrerai à Paris...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:07 AM

      Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville or Le BHV is a French department store chain with its flagship location at 52 Rue de Rivoli in the 4th arrondissement of Paris and faces the Hôtel de Ville where it gets its name, the flagship is served by the Hôtel de Ville Metro station.

      Delete
  17. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Always enjoy forest scenes for the holidays--cards, wraps, windows...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I remember fondly when you took us on a tour of those fabulous Chistmas windows in NYC.
    And we stayed someplace across from the Cheese restaurant we later went to with you. Also when we arrived at our hotel you had left a welcome basket for us. A wonderful memory.
    xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:33 PM

      Thanks for the reminder 👍 That was Fred’s Grand Central Hotel on 33rd street. Such fun ☺️

      Delete
  19. Anonymous2:04 PM

    You keep Paris close! You’re an original, Carol and I so appreciate your artistry and your aesthetic! A

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous9:05 AM

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your BHV windows post. Your vivid descriptions and captivating photos truly transported me to the heart of the experience. Nimmo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you