Saturday, December 09, 2023

Meat Fruit, Ruth Reichl, Vide Grenier

 

Is there a better way to spend days inside

Drinking buckets ๐Ÿชฃ of soup ๐Ÿœ 


While raining nonstop outside than paint/draw birds.

Inspired by a picture of the stunning ‘Meat fruit’ in Ruth Reichl’s newsletter (I get the free version) 

l highly recommend ๐Ÿ‘food writer Reichl, formerly editor of Gourmet magazine.


I started painting clementines ๐ŸŠ like mad

Our Clemmies from Espaรฑa have triste dried-up leaves by the time they arrive here.

Heston’s faux Clementine has foie gras chicken liver parfait inside and perfect green leaves

It seemed natural to put a bird ๐Ÿฆ on it.

Meanwhile Christmas trees/arbre de Nรถel ๐ŸŽ„ are everywhere

Yesterday on my way to la Poste ๐Ÿ“ฎ to mail your letters ๐Ÿ’Œ a Vide Grenier was taking place on Bd. Henri IV (continuing today).

Solli says do NOT buy spoons tied up in ribbon ๐ŸŽ€ Much better when they are loose & you can pick the ones you want. 

Who is wearing fur coats these days?

Oh…

Later when I came out the brocante was still going on 

People don’t mind buying in the dark. I heard the woman say,”Cinquante”(50 €). I didn’t wait to see if she bought it. 

I was flirting with this blue & white Art Deco butter dish…fortunately no one came to my aide. 

Bright shiny things still attract at night. 

You can give
 Paris Letters in time to arrive before the Holidays 
๐ŸŠ
☕️ Or you can buy me a KO-FI ☕️ 
Do you know the easy hack for Mandarins/Clementines? A simple slice on both ends & one cut in the middle = a lovely 'caterpillar' effect with no messy peels.


23 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 AM

    Love your Clementine with Robin paintings! You are a colour genius and my inspiration - i adore studying the ways you lay down your colours. | As to buying spoons : "you can lick the ones you want. " You must have been thinking about how you would use those spoons … une petite glace from Berthillon, perhaps, rather than props for painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:37 AM

      Lick is now pick! I dont need such fancy spoons ๐Ÿฅ„ as Solli

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:47 AM

    I so enjoy reading your blog. I feel like I am taking a trip to Paris and I learn a little each time. Thank you for the "hack" on Clementines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:27 AM

      Thank you ❤️ I try to capture the spirit any chance I get

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L9:01 AM

    Good hack for peeling clementines, C. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I think I prefer Cedric Grolet’s faux clementine pastries over a faux clementine filled with foie gras.

    Glad you’re continuing to feel better and went out to the vide grenier. Love you little birdies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:26 AM

      Thanks B.
      The Vide Grenier was a surprise! I thought it was police tents at first…

      Delete
  4. I think I have read most of her books..first two my faves..Love the aquarelles..Glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:25 AM

      Ruth Reichl has a new book ๐Ÿ“•
      The Paris Novel coming out in April ‘24
      She’s great

      Delete
  5. Do you actually have a bucket??? So happy to see you running around the streets of Paris in all kinds of weather day or night! I do like clementines. Here in the grocery CUTIES are available, they must be a variety of clementines. Small, easy to peel, pop in your mouth goodness.๐Ÿ—ผ❤️๐ŸŠ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:24 AM

      ‘Running around’ is not the operative word these days…
      Everyone has a bucket ๐Ÿชฃ to do the floors!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:22 AM

    LOVE YOUR CLEMENTINES! BUT, JUST AN IDEA. I’M CURRENTLY INFATUATED WITH DEAR IDAHO SUNRISES. ANY CHANCE, OF SUNRISE IN PARIS!!?? ๐Ÿ’ฅ AND, INDEED SOUP, SOUP, SOUP SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA!! CARLA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:22 AM

      Sunrises in Paris in Winter??
      Where is the sun ๐ŸŒž

      Delete
  7. sukicart1:42 PM

    A clementine stuffed with foie gras sounds like heaven. Love your birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:41 PM

      It does indeed Suki, but it is a false/faux Clementine
      Watch the video. They dip it & freeze it to get the ๐ŸŠ texture!
      https://youtu.be/EyD9_Ct0DIs?si=E8hqp2nqd-sAJWx_

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Love your posts on everyday life in and around Paris T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:42 PM

      Thank you for letting me know T. ☺️

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:04 PM

      That’s how my mother would cut up her orange!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous1:01 AM

      ☺️๐ŸŠ

      Delete
  9. Anonymous1:42 AM

    Merry Merry Christmas! Thank you for your blog! NH

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see Rue Rambuteau on your letter. A block from where I stayed when my friend Jerry live in the Marais, a block from the Jewish museum. Sigh. Memories. And I do love a good vide grenier. I like the night shopping idea. Bet they are more willing to deal then, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Luscious painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:59 AM

      Luscious painting was from me Rita.

      Delete
  12. Anonymous8:17 PM

    I enjoy your gentle, delightful sense of humour. For example: Who wears fur coats these days - and that soft little "oh", seeing that furry dog. Thanks for bringing Paris to me every week. It's the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you