Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Wedding Gateaux

Wedding Gateaux, original watercolor, 9" x 11"








Another thing I was looking for in Paris was a nice wedding gateaux (cake) to paint...

And I finally found it at Pain D'Epices along with some nice silverware and a nice new Teddy and, and, and...
Course there's nothing wrong with this wedding cake...except for the size.
La Maison du chocolat Wedding Favors, original watercolor, 9" x 11"



Quite a few of you wanted to know if those were Tiffany boxes

In the post on La Maison du Chocolat's hot chocolate. Nope. They are their new wedding favors containing 2 Guayaquil chocolates - pure dark chocolate ganache with a hint of vanilla.
I love to do in Paris is run around at night and take pictures of the windows. Probably why I came home a complete wreck from running day and night! :)
I found Nathalie Durieux's robes de mariée boutique on rue de St. Peres and she was still working as I was. She's reknown for her unconventional wedding gowns - jewels butterflies flowers pleats birds dreams fairy enchantment creating the dress of your dreams...
More YUM YUM
Seen in the Metro -wouldn't that be fun to attend!
And don't forget fleurist AQUARELLE's beautiful bouquets


BONNE JOURNEE !

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Such a pretty post today!
    I'm sitting here bawling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 AM

    You have all the wonderful minis....is a dollhouse in your future? Interesting to wonder the house you would choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Is there anything you can't find in a miniature version?
    :-)

    Beautiful wedding gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:01 AM

    LOVE today's watercolors!
    Love the little cake!
    Love the gowns!
    Love the bouquet!
    AND I LOVE THAT VIDEO!
    BRAVO for weddings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend in Paris had a "typical American wedding cake" (however it had sparklers on it...strange...)for her wedding, however, the traditional thing for French people is a croquembouche. Very cool, I think, but it seems the grass is always greener! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...ruffles and bows.....and lovely watercolors...I LOVE those "tiffany " boxes...Chocolate, diamonds, no matter...a beribboned box of dreams...sighs.
    All best, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. and where, may I ask, is Little Ted. I hope he isn't feeling neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Sorry.....
    let the drooling begin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:49 PM

    Heaven on earth and queen for a day.
    Can one rent a "pretend" wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  10. it makes me want to get married again... just for the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:36 PM

    I love your blog. I like that you have girly/ feminine info on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is lovely. Just lovely.
    wow. Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cake is fabulous, Carol. just delightful! Your watercolors are pink and softer than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Thank you for your lovely photos. At least I can
    travel to Paris vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:55 AM

    Beautiful!
    I love wedding cake!
    Especially mini cakes
    Less calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you noticed the posters for the wedding show, you must have noticed the thousand of posters for the movie 27 Dresses as well. They were EVERYWHERE! Of course they said "27 Robes". Well, it's wedding related.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That wedding gown with a the huge bow made me crack up!
    Using that Tiffany blue a mere coincidence? Like those chocolate weeding favours, I would eat the chocolates and keep the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:23 AM

    I love the Salon du marriage poster. It is like seeing a rambo bride.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:41 PM

    So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:51 AM

    ! Wonderful gowns, nice paintings and an excellent bouquet of flowers:)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you