Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Parisbreakfast Diet

Petit Dejeuner, watercolor
OK, so what's THE PARIS BREAKFASTS DIET you ask?
 
1st step is get yourself over to Paris for 5-7 days. Simple right? At least as far as most diets go.
 
Next step is very pleasent too. During those 5-7 days you want to have a good "Parisien" "petit" dejeuner EVERY DAY. No skipping is allowed on this diet.

The "Parisien" petit dejeuner might also be listed as it is here, A La Francaise. Any number of appealing, seductive menu titles can be used to draw you in. Nevermind, just go for it.
 
 I certainly did. Sometimes in the name of research for my Paris Breakfasts readers I had 2-3 so-called petit dejeuners in 1 day. Please appreciate what I go through for you.

While at Dalloyau doing Easter egg research I did double duty and went upstairs for their petit dej'.
Here's another carte / menu for the visiting wannabe "Parisian".Don't be fooled No Parisien in their right mind is gonna eat all this for P.D.
Nevermind that. Stick to your diet.

The last morning of my trip I felt courageous.  I sashayed into the Hotel Meurice just for a cup of chocolat chaud nature. This "cup" is more like a very generous soup bowl. Limoge too. The silver pitcher could well serve a table of 10 easily.AND they load up your table with beautiful croissants and confiture/jam as temptation, but more about that later.

So you're wondering when does this PARIS BREAKFASTS DIET begin?

As soon as you get home, that's when.
Your petit dejeuner/ petit dej'/BREAKFAST is now going to be PETIT.
1-2 boiled eggs
1 apple/pomme
1 cup of hot chocolate (that's allowed. It can be some hot chocolate you dragged home)
1 chocolate friture if you have any.
All this is eaten enroute to the pool or gym or wherever you go to sweat off all those Paris PDs.
You can save the eggs for AFTER your workout.That's allowed.
I guarantee you, after 1 week you will lose weight, without question!
I am...Ooops I'm late for the pool.
BONNE CHANCE!

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 AM

    YUMMY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Love the painting. I can see how hard it was for you doing the research...NOT... ;-)
    Cris in OR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Ooooh--I love that Hotel Meurice cup--and it truly IS the size of a soup cup...Those petite dejeuners are wonderful--(hey, I say go for it and just work it off by the end of the day so you can enjoy it again demain!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first phase of the diet the best, I admit, but the second doesn't sound too bad! Not with the hot chocolate and the fritures. Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:24 AM

    The painting is perfection! The soft colors capture the mood, and the reflection on the silver water carafe, wow! Very nice!
    As for the diet Hotel Meurice everyday please! Isn't it a knock your socks off kind of palace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Your new FLICKR photos are making me gain weight without the pleasure of tasting them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I am happy to see your painting again. I have missed seeing your pretty teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love your research!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG just pass me the bowl of ~whipping crm~ oh did you want some!
    hugs NG.. A belated Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol,
    Those petit dejeuners - make it worth the second part of the diet!! I love all the beautiful teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Looks like you had a good time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:39 PM

    I love the Laduree painting! And what torture you must endure in order to create your masterpieces! I don't know how you deal with it.!!! :) Those croissants look soooo yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm...
    Your comments lead me to believe you are not taking this NEW and REVOLUTIONARY diet seriously!

    The Paris part of the diet requires just as much discipline and persistence as does the return home part.
    HUMPH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous indeed.
    Blessings.
    I love all that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If only every meal could be served on Limoges something or other.... AAAAAAHHHhhhhhhh..

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart bleeds for you. What you have to do in the name of research. That is one lovely painting by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:14 PM

    bravo quel plaisir de venir ici prendre le petit dèj!
    bises

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:02 PM

    I did this "diet" when we lived in Toulouse, France! We ate this every day for breakfast (usally pain au chocolat, Banania, coffee, orange juice, fromage blanc and tartine) for months and I really lost 25 pounds! ***sigh*** Why oh why doesn't this diet work Stateside? ;)
    Love the painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am so incredibly sorry that you had to suffer like that for your research. that should really be illegal. ;)

    is anyone else hungry??

    wonderful painting!!!

    christina
    http://iwannabuyahome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've had the hot chocolate at Angelina's-to die for- but have only gone into the Hotel Meurice to have a peek at that fabulous ceiling over the salon. It has so much more ambience than Angelina's. I think I'll give it a try the next time my craving for hot chocolate once more hits me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous5:01 AM

    2-3 petit déjeuners per day?
    YUM!
    I may not be big on chocolate but breakfast is my favorite meal...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carol, I dropped a jacket size last time I went to France.

    Your photos are good enough to eat -= maybe I'll stick with that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Ok, where do you recommend we go for a really fancy and luxurious hotel breakfast? I have two daughters, aged 9 and 12 and the one thing I want to do to make their trip to Paris memorable is to have a very very posh breakfast. We actually have a really tight budget but I'd rather blow some money on breakfast than on anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but how can i participate this "petit dejeuner" diet in paris without knowing where to eat? :) is it acceptable that breakfast is serve in the hotel? and where is the best if so? :) help me search with LMT so i can order for my trip this December..

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you