Saturday, November 11, 2006

Some Chocolate Silliness...

It's not all serious chocolate observations at the Chocolate Show this year... This is the pink ice cream spoon necklace I mentioned made by Master pastry chef, Martin Howard of Brasserie 8 1/2. Baskin Robbins sponsored the outfit with chocolate supplied by Guittard.
Martin has many talents. There's another side to Martin - the "Ask Chocolatina" side. Every year he/she performs in the Culinary theater at the show doing demos not to be missed! Last night Chocolatina made us Chocolate Poppers.
Along with tasting the demo we got to see Martin and his Variety gals dance and sing some relevant show tunes..
Et voilà the yummy Poppers! There's lots more nonsense to be had at Ask Chocolatina. Martin is multi-gifted :)
Another chocolate cure was to available at Michel Cluizel, stand #30.
Here, a chocolate test you could take, tasting and then rating the chocolates at Marquise de Sévigné stand #42. I'm going back to actually take the test. Their French chocolates are lovely..
I thought this was a witty version of the mad-about-macarons tendance (trend) that is going on in Paris. From Michel Cluizel. Must be chocolate inside...
Have I run out of chocolaterie to report from the New York Chocolate show? Two more days to go...

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    WOW WOW WOW!
    I AM just loving all these "chocolateries"!
    Almost like being there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd show us another image of the ice-cream-hat outfit!

    I am getting SERIOUSLY envious here -- all that fun, all that *chocolate*...................

    -- Vicki in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:26 AM

    What a head-dress that first model has... Drippingly devine! Can't wait to see what else you have dreamed up for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:39 AM

    PLEASE DO NOT STOP yet!
    I need/want MORE
    KRISS KRINGLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm with ulla, that hat has me under it's spell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 PM

    That ice cream outfit is 30% chocolate, so if you found yourself macarooned on a dessert floating island in a sea of chocolate sauce, you basically could eat most of your clothing, right?
    It's helpful to have the spoon necklace along in a such circumstances..

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore déjà ce blog, au sens littéral du terme, alors que j'arrive seulement dessus !!!
    MIAM !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Wow this is a sight to behold since I love chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! But hey guys and girls, this is soo unhealthy. WHy not eat fruit instead, its almost just as good;)

    www.funnyshortvideo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this blog!! And I think I need a prescription for chocolate too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. im hungry!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love all this chocolate and sweets! Your artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those macaron chocolate thingies are so cute, but I figure they just taste like chocolate!..in the shape of a macaron...not that there's anything wrong with that. But. I'd rather eat a macaron? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay you succeeded in making my mouth water.
    I am dying here.
    Desperately now in need of good chocolate (not what my kids have left over in their Halloween bags).

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your choclit pics ;) am drooling here *wipe wipe* lol

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you