Friday, November 10, 2006

THE NEW YORK CHOCOLATE SHOW #2

I managed to be right at the start of the chocolate fashion show where the models were coming out and getting their chocolate hats straightened etc..
The New York fashion choco show was much more extensive and more fun really than the Paris choco fashion show, where fashion is taken quite seriously...
All the outfits are on display now at the show and not to be missed! At lease 30% chocolate must be used in the making, the rules say.
Martin Howard is one of New York's best pastry chefs. His model was wearing a drippy ice cream cone hat and she had an adorable necklace of pink plastic ice cream spoons I would kill for :)
This smiley model was in a sort of chocolate Marie-Antoinnette getup - very pretty!
You really got to see the show unlike the Paris Salon du Chocolat, where everyone was craning their necks just to look at a big video screen... At the end of the show the chefs walzed out with their creations on arm - really sweet :)
BTW there are a gazillion chocolate T-shirts for sale at the show in all styles and colors. I can't wait to get my paws on some. These cuties are from the NY ChocolateBar at stand#11.
More choco fun to come...

10 comments:

  1. What fun! Thanks for sharing all this with us!

    -- Vicki in MIchigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    And I need chocolate!
    A T-shirt I mean + the chocolate..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like chocolate!
    Please, visit my blog:
    http://conoscereluniverso-alberto.blogspot.com/ (it's great!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:42 PM

    I am just salavating... Delicious and beautiful at the same time. No need to eat dinner, just eat your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhh..Hey , Girrl.... YOU are my new best friend! SWEEEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:03 AM

    Hey, I've seen him on the Food Network challenges! And she's from Top Model! How I wish I had known about this event in advance, thanks so much for sharing your photos. :)

    Ari (Baking and Books)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not too sure what to think about fashion shows. I cannot tell if it is for real or a bit tongue in cheek..

    One thing is for certain.. colours and combinations are amazing...
    I think Anons last comment is really stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:51 AM

    I wish I could blog on chocolate, watercolors and Paris... Looks like fun which ever way you turn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:17 AM

    I have no idea WHERE the chocolate is on some of these outfits but they look delicious anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you