Sunday, October 20, 2024

Sial Paris 2024

 

My collection of free samples
Yesterday Solli, my partner in crime, and I

Took RER B out to Parc des Expositions for first day of SIAL.

The world-wide annual international Food event for professionals
This is every bit as big as Maison&Objet, i.e. massive, held in the same venue.
We started out in Fruits & Spices, where I needed to pick up my ticket ๐ŸŽซ 
Oh my, so many absolutely yummy exotic things to taste from 
India, Iran, Brazil, Chile
This is what REAL cinnamon looks like from Ceylon/Sri Lanka. Pale toast color, tightly furled, very delicate. We managed to convince them to give us each one cinnamon stick ๐Ÿ™
Many US States were there with dried wild blueberries, dried cherries, cranberries, pecans, pistachios. So many samples. 
Solli only eats ‘organics’, so often politely declined. 
Meanwhile I’m nudging her and whispering, 
“Just Take It! I’ll eat them” ๐Ÿ˜‚
Somehow we escaped out of there and walked across to Hall 1 for Savory Foods (see mini map above)
Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น 
Solli said  Garofalo is the absolute Best pasta! She lives half the time in Italy. They were passing out cooked samples with baby green peas. Italians love those tiny peas. I grabbed one of course. ๐Ÿ˜€
Greece ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท tasting samples from Mavrommatis. They make the best Greek yogurt you can find in Paris. Made in France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท from Greek cows ๐Ÿ„ by the way.
Germany๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช
I brought home a carton of ‘Instant Pasta’ with truffles like Instant Ramen but so much better.
A pretty wall of decorative pasta
We tasted this delish Italian almond milk ๐Ÿฅ› 
This is the absolute best Balsamico if you can find it. I lost my tiny sample ๐Ÿฅฒ
Solli said this is a gift ๐ŸŽ Italians often give. Por favore ๐Ÿ™
A mini portion of caponata from Sicily. Yum. 
We were supposed to appear at the presse office for snacks (!?) at 3:00 
Even though we were stuffed to the gills ๐ŸŸ & exhausted from visiting just 2 HALLES! 
Solli said we should walk our way through the different halls
Instead of going outside and crossing to Hall 6.
We got so lost ๐Ÿ™ˆ It took us 40 minutes. I was ready to faint. I collapsed in the nearest chair while Solli networked. I decided to head for home. It was 4:00 ๐Ÿ•“  The crowds generally leave from 6:00 ๐Ÿ••  = madness on the Metro. Solli stayed. 
We are going back tomorrow. I completely missed the France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท area!
I hope you got a vicarious thrill dear PBers ❤️๐Ÿ˜€ 

16 comments:

  1. The presentations of samples! I love those square white plates. My world seems too limited. But it is sauerkraut making time at my neighbor's condo. It can be a get together for men. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:55 AM

      Love ❤️ Sauerkraut and wish I knew how to make it - supposed to be easy !

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Yum! I want to try everything especially the cinnamon stick!!! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Take care, from ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:56 AM

      I tried most of them once I got the shot…no complaints at all ๐Ÿ˜‹

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I went to one here in California that was huge with so many samples I was shocked; I had no idea there would be barbecue, chocolates, cheese , bread, cookies!! I attended after being given a ticket by a buyer to help him so many vendors assumed I was going to buy massive quantities potentially. There was even an almond grower from Tasmania. It was overwhelming but a once in a lifetime experience. This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:35 AM

    The instant truffle pasta sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:13 AM

      It was surprisingly yummy ๐Ÿ‘ I added parsley etc

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:02 AM

    OMG if I could just fake a professional ID and teleport over I'd be in heaven! Thanks for your fab description!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:12 AM

    This looks fabulous. I used to go to the San Francisco one which was also huge. I didn’t think Americans would bring their foods. If it isn’t organic it’s full of pesticides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:15 AM

      The US had plenty organic there

      Delete
  7. Bonnie L12:48 PM

    Wow! Another weekend, another food fair! What a lucky ducky you are, Carol! I sure do wish some of those products were sold in the US…especially that truffle pasta. Enjoy your samples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:37 PM

      I wolfed down quite a few samples once the drawing was done, but plenty to savor for later. The French section is waiting

      Delete
  8. sukicart12:51 PM

    Food Heaven (and overload). You go to the best places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:38 PM

      It’s hard work Suki..a lot of footwork is involved. Then much sleeping ๐Ÿ’ค is required.

      Delete
  9. Linda Scott1:16 PM

    Wow! Huge exhibition and I love the measuring spoon you got with the sample of hazelnuts from Oregon USA ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘
    I do hope you get to the French food booths and share with us !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:41 PM

      Isn’t that spoon a hoot? I never saw a measuring spoon I didn’t love ❤️ Anyone from Oregon to explain the necessity of this instrument?

      Delete

Love hearing from you