Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Sial Paris 2024 - Part 2

We went back to SIAL yesterday after a day of deep-induced sleep 💤 therapy,  cold showers & ice 🧊 bucket immersions. I don’t think it was enough…

Many more people attended on Monday. The scene at the RER Metro exit 🙀

And we left earlier (to catch the worm so to speak). 
Others had the same bright idea 💡 Live and learn.
My plans were to catch the Frenchy 🇫🇷 areas primarily. They went amiss quickly.
France is represented in ALL pavilions.
Who knew popcorn 🍿 was a major product of Nouvelle Aquitaine?
Across the aisle 
 Solli and I tasted everything bio 
From BioOrto, an Italian company whose products she buys in Italy. Totally yummy 👍
Solli has her food photography in an exhibition at SIAL! 🥕 
I Loved ❤️ the Roquefort gelato. Sadly they did not bring their chèvre 🐐 or Camembert flavors to the show 🧀 
There is always one company’s bag hotly sought after - from French olive oil Terra Delyssa. Neither of us snagged one 🤷‍♀️
I wandered into Hall 7 (dairy products) for a ‘quick look’ 👁️ 
Ha! There are no ‘quick looks’ anywhere at SIAL.
The sensory overload of 👁️ 👃 👄 👂is simply beyond. 
I wish there was bootcamp training for this event 🙏 It’s hard to keep one’s stamina up.
SIAL is the biggest food show worldwide held biannually. Start planning for October 2026 now. Although unless you are a food professional you probably won’t get in. We both came home exhausted (I left early). And today we were wishing we could go back 🤔 I think I’ll take up boxing 🥊 pre-SIAL 💪 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Carol for taking us along! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:43 AM

      You’re welcome Sue H. I didn’t begin to show all the new innovative products presented like Bio oatmeal ice cream Solli said was great! R the cocoa infusion tea ☕️ I have to try out. So much food - so little time ⏰

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L9:52 AM

    Brava, Carol, for surviving two days of SIAL! It’s so nice to see all of your photos to get an indication of what it was like for us non-food professionals. Hope you scored a bunch of samples to fortify you on your recovery day! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrance9:58 AM

    I spy my favorite French food product…jars of dried mushrooms. I bring those home every trip to France! Quel choix !

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you