Sunday, September 08, 2024

Maison&Objet 2024

 

Solli and I went to Maison & Objet on Friday.

The day after opening day (Thursday) is a lot less hectic as far as crowds go.

Remember I showed you these whimsical Italian glasses at BHV
Someone in a witty T-shirt (from Drole de Monsieur) that excuses all gauche behavior.
But as far as things to see ๐Ÿ‘️ That’s a different story. Too much!
We both came home and collapsed ๐Ÿ›Œ 
Fortunately there will always be sheep ๐Ÿ‘ at MO
Butter dish from Amsterdam (18€) Maybe that’s wholesale? Too cute.
I nailed 12,500 steps (3,400 is my norm). 
I mostly walk from my desk to the refrigerator and back many times a day - an artist’s life ๐ŸŽจ Savage, herbie-scented aux natural accessories (French) for the home ๐Ÿก 
Beautiful, Clean design from Danemark 
Lemons ๐Ÿ‹ are IN!
I learned from Solli that those lemons ๐Ÿ‹ you see filled with citron sorbet are called ‘givrรฉ’ in Italy. 
Galeries Lafayette Gourmet has a Fruittini popup stand full of all sorbet-filled fruits (11€ for one. I’d rather go to Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น). Although if they had been at MO I would have paid double. The snacks on available are dreadful. Mostly UPFs ๐Ÿ‘Ž
Except for tea makers, Mariage Frรจres, who had trรจs cher ice cream sandwiches (18€)
Solli inhales their Noรซl blend…
Beautifully colored tins as always…
MF had their own special tea-infused restaurant for billionaires I guess…we passed. We brought our own snacks ๐ŸŒ Still you get bored with bananas ๐Ÿ™„
Many beautiful plates ๐Ÿฝ️ 
Autumn-themed dinnerware ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ„ ๐Ÿฟ️ from Au Bain Marie.
More Autumn collections with a helping hand from model Claudia Schiffer (who was sadly not onsite) from Portugeuse Bordallo Pinheiro.
Another celeb who did show up & gave a lecture, Cordelia of Cordelia’s Coffee Flower shop.
Fun! Anything lobster ๐Ÿฆž gets my vote.
Anything radish also gets my vote…like this teething ring 
The best shoe 
I only discovered a place to chill as I was leaving MO
I always try to leave before the masses do…
I can get a seat & sketch ✍️ on the RER B home ๐Ÿก I was studying hairdos…
MO is on through Monday. Run go see it ๐Ÿƒ‍♂️ 
Thank you Patty
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. 
Sign up to receive whimsical letters in your mail.
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much!  Bon Dimanche PBers๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿพ‍♀️๐ŸŽ‰


14 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, you always have so much fun and thank you once again for showing us places & things that we would not be able to experience, even if we ourselves were in Paris!❤️๐Ÿ—ผ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Thanks Daina. The Fall season starts with MO! A must-do even if it kills you ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie L10:58 AM

    Wow! I couldn’t get enough of all your photos…so much temptation to oogle!! The sensory overload, trying to take everything in, must be fatiguing! Would love to go to M&O one of these days. Thanks for taking us along, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:03 PM

      MO is always the start of the new season - September & January
      I wish I knew by now a sane way to see it ๐Ÿ˜ต‍๐Ÿ’ซ going since 2013 !

      Delete
  4. Sukicart1:17 PM

    Thanks for taking us along- it looks truly overwhelming,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:06 PM

      It must help if one is focused with an objective in mind. I’m free-floating just looking for eye-candy ๐Ÿญ mainly color, shape, patterns of which there are plenty.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:48 PM

    The Mariage Freres tea caught my eye with the “Tear of the Rabbit” which seemed a comforting tea name. Then I looked closer to see it really reads “YEAR of the rabbit”. Sigh. Jeanette s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:01 PM

      Oh Jeanette…still after those bunnies ๐Ÿฐ

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:00 PM

    HI CAROL, NO PROFOUND WORDS, JUST A BIG THANK YOU FOR GIVING MY DAYS ZEST!! HAVE BEEN CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY!! LOVE LUXEMBOURG GARDENS!!! ๐Ÿฅ‚ CHEERS! CARLA

    Sent from Mail for Windows

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shows you attend! Wow! Shirt with “Not From Paris Madame” is from Drole Monsieur. Shop near Marche des Enfants Rouge and on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:10 AM

      Thanks Cindy ๐Ÿ‘ You know enerything!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Did it actually cost 80 euros to visit a tradeshow? Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:48 AM

      It does for the trade. It’s a huge international show.
      We have press passes and get accreditation.

      Delete
  9. Wow, that was fun to follow along with. I like the bitter dish, colourful mugs and sheep. 58 euros for brunch seems crazy though! Merci Carol

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you