Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Fete de Ventre, Rouen

 
Saturday I was all set to go to the Fete de Brie de Meaux…

Then I saw La fete de Ventre was talking place in Rouen!

A much bigger foodie fest - all Normandie specialties. OUI!
(This is Gare de Rouen. I always take a pic of the train station so I can find my way back). 
I ran 🏃‍♀️ to Gare Saint Lazare & into the Nomade ticket office.
The next train leaves in 26 minutes I heard and she rushed me to the ticket 🎫 desk. Then she rushed me to the track. It was leaving in 6 minutes not 26.
The conductor helped me on and said sit anywhere but NOT in this car (1st class - the fine can be 32€. Been there, done that.). 
The train to Rouen is direct, no stops & 2 hours Yay It was drizzling in Paris and drizzling in Rouen but so what!
More than 150 producteurs 
Producteurs are encouraged to dress in traditional Normande dress.
Why didn’t I get any mushrooms 🍄 
Why didn’t I get the mushroom soup ?
Or the soup de cresson (watercress)?
I did get a barquette of the best shrimp 🍤 I’ve ever tasted (6€) and a barquette of bulot (welks 5€)🐚 
So many tastes of cider.

 TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you