Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Escape to Bon Marché

 

My workstation with watercolors
While everyone escaped to Saint Malo, Trouville-sur-mer, Aix-en-Provence, etc. etc. I escaped to Bon Marché after the pool 🏊 on Saturday.

Charlotte fruits rouge at Grande Epicerie
A short Métro ride away to Sévres-Babylon to browse patisserie & anything else that caught my fancy…

Ostrich photo
Like an ostrich my head is fixed in the ground as far as the Paris Olympics goes. I’m not big on crowds.
Four photos of fence barriers in Paris
You can’t ignore the 44,000 barriers they’ve put up, especially on Île Saint-Louis 🙁 We are surrounded.
My QR code badge
So many cops brought in from the boonies 👮‍♂️ poor guys…what a boring job checking QR codes 🤷‍♀️ I want to give them all ice cream cones🍦 They are very polite!
Glace ice cream stand at Grande Epicerie
Back to my escape
Glace ice cream flavors
First browse the flavors briefly 
Food counter inside Grande Epicerie
Inside Le Grande Epicerie. What to wear? It was hot 🥵 in Paris on Saturday. Shortie dresses & skirts, baseball hats (Yankees), running shoes 👟 
Peach Pavlova dessert
I love their pastry illustrated diagrams..a very unusual sculpted Pavlova!
Watercolor Pavlova
My watercolor Pavlova.
Watercolor of a Charlotte dessert
The Charlotte Fruits Rouge.
Watercolor of a Saint-Honoré
The Saint-Honoré - a mass of caramelized choux/cream puffs.
Saint-Honoré
Just browsing desserts…
I got some snacks at the TAFA Asian counter
My usual Omelette + a shrimp 🦐 pancake
Printed Dior panther
Then on to browse Bon Marché. Dior was big on panthers 🐆
French toile de jouy print
This one in a toile de jouy pattern.
Printed Dior dress
Around the corner more prints, more panthers.
Shell covered panther sculpture
I fell deeply in love ❤️ with this all-seashell panther 🐆 
Sadly no clams were used in these creations…the giraffes🦒 were nice too. Anyone coming to Paris from the Jersey shore…you know what you can bring.
Shell handbag
I don’t think this is real handbag 👜 
Panther handbag.
This one is real. Who dreams up these concepts??
Dior cruise spa for a day
Here is a dream Dior concept I saw this morning that I could go for and not far from my house docked at Arsenal.
Dior cruise spa deck
A Dior spa-for-a-day cruise (650€) with lunch included and various and sundry treatments. Pas mal. No panthers allowed.
Olympics flag waving party.
Saturday when I left for the pool, they were having a flag waving soirée in the street, dancing around…an homage to the Seine? Citizens were not invited. We watched behind bars. Security was not friendly…probably Parisian.
Olympics flags in the trees
Today they trimmed our trees to add flags...
Where shall I escape today? All suggestions welcome 🙏 
More Paris pastries ? 🥮 
Suddenly these Paris dogs 🐶 being carted around look appealing.. WOOF
Paris dog walkers

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and delicious artwork!
    L🩵VE the Toile-de-Jouie!!! So excited to think that I travelled that Metro line with you!!!! How I wish I was still there!!!!! Stay safe and healthy! Nicole from 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:37 AM

      Oh…did we take the 10? Oh yes, Going the other direction to Gare St.Lazare 🚆 CAROLG

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L10:06 AM

    Wow! Your life has certainly been upended by the Olympics, living along the Seine as you do. You found the perfect refuge in le Grand Épicerie!

    Those flag-wavers must have been practicing for their big moment: the opening ceremony? Hope you get to catch a glimpse of the festivities on the river right outside your door.

    Galeries Lafayette Gourmet for your next escape??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:35 AM

      You read my mind…I was thinking of Galleries Lafayette Gourmet. Many, many desserts to paint vicariously CAROLG

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:46 AM

      It begins 7:30 pm Friday evening 🤔 it will be very noisy It may be better to join them than avoid them 🤔

      Delete
    3. Anonymous8:30 PM

      Will be watching on tv, and looking for your face in the crowd. Hope it absolutely wows you! BL

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Courage et merci Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 AM

    I love the town of Auvers sur Ouise- right on the Seine and totally Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:35 AM

      That would make a nice weekend escape when the trains go there…

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Those animals are beautiful. Love the artwork. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sukicart12:19 PM

    Looks like a convention of dog walkers. I love the Olympics but prefer watching on my TV to being in those crowds etc. Stay safe and away from the mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:17 PM

      I would like to be watching with you wherever that is, since it isn’t here.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Take a picnic lunch to Buttes Chaumont park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:17 PM

      ☺️ good idea…but the event starts at 7:30. Butte Chaumont isn’t far away enough…

      Delete
  8. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I'm in high gear getting ready for Fr cousins...I love your posts Carol. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one paints pastry like you! I could see you setting up your parkside painting spot, and if anyone happened to walk by wanting this bit or that, perhaps you could work something out! I don't know if those coming to see Paris while seeing the Olympics will be seeing the real Paris -- the beautiful spot with no bleachers or scaffoding or viewing stands. Pity, that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice dessert paintings Carol. It’s pretty interesting having the Olympic opening ceremony outside of the stadium in the centre of the city, I’m sure they’ll have to block of loads of it to make it safe. Sorry you’re stuck in the middle, hopefully gets better after Friday.
    Here in Australia we love the Olympics, even if the time difference from France makes it harder to watch live.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you