Thursday, July 11, 2024

Creating Paris 2024 Olympics Letter 🤸‍♂️

 

Patis 2024 Olympics Paris letter art
I know I’ve been MIA/missing in action..TA DAH! Bear🐻Olympics!

Olympics poster in the metro
The 2024 Olympics is everywhere. I’m getting excited. 


Olympics Omega watch comercial
I got inspired by runners 🏃‍♂️ on a bench in Jardin du Parc Royal,

Commercial for Omega watches
A swimmer 🏊🏽‍♀️ under Pont Alexandre III,

Omega watch commercial
A hurdle jumper over Eglise Sacre Coeur in an Omega  watch commercial

Cat Bastille Day Letter on Etsy
At first it was going to be the CAT 🐈‍⬛ Olympics like Bastille Day…But cats are pretty lethargic except when you’re trying to sleep 💤 

Bear bread at Baguett boulangerie
Omnipresent Bears/ours 🐻 in Paris seemed a better solution. 

Bear photo studies
I studied up on bears 🐻 
Figure line drawings by Hokusai
I looked at Hokusai figure drawings ✍️ for reference.

Bear sport sketches
Making bears 🐻perform the Olympic disciplines with their rather short paws was easier said than done.

Bears in a crowd
And the crowd of onlookers (borrowed from a Paris Opera letter).

Illustrated crowd of bears waving flags
Waving 👋 various country flags 🇫🇷 (mostly made-up countries)

Eiffel Tower with 5 Olympic circles
Thanks to Solli K, who reminded me I was missing the 5 Olympic Rings ⭕️ 
Profiteroles at Cafe Varenne in Paris
While we were eating Profiteroles at Cafe Varenne…
New green hedges on some Paris trees
Signs of Paris getting ready for its Olympics guests. New hedges around all the some trees 🌳 
Blurry photo at la Poste
I got a blurry shot of the Baguette 🥖 Stamp bag at Le Carré d’Encre. So they still have the 🥖 bags.
New stamp for Paris 2024 Olympics
The NEW Paris 2024 OLYMPIC STAMP!!!
Olympics letter with new Olympic stamp
 WOO WOO the New OLYMPIC STAMP on your envelopes 💌 La la la la la
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. 
Sign up to receive whimsical treasures in your mail.
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much! 
Recent photo of Notre Dame

26 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Yay!! Love all the flags with the bears! SO cute!! 👏🏻 Dorrance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:18 AM

      🇫🇷 🐻 🇫🇷 🐻 🇫🇷 ! CAROLG

      Delete
  2. Dee Ann11:10 AM

    Love the Bear Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:19 AM

      ❤️ 🐻 ❤️ 🐻 ❤️ CAROLG

      Delete
  3. Bear Olympics biensûr! At our house we’ve added a new event: Compost Stealing. Bears have broken into our compost tumbler and spread garbage all over the yard. Must find a new system…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:17 AM

      SEND THOSE BEARS 🐻 TO PARIS! Immediatement 👍 CAROLG

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:58 PM

      Hmm, very kind of them to compost the lawn. 🐻 CAROLG

      Delete
  4. I'm still big on the cats but either way, just wonderful. (And I'd say the athletic ability and energy all depends on the cat! Like their human counterparts, those young'uns have their own gymnastics and track skills. Swimming? Not so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:55 PM

      Yes, Cats could be very good at tracking birds & mice.
      Swimming laps…not so much 🙄 CAROLG

      Delete
  5. Sukicart12:47 PM

    I think bear olympics would be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I wonder if the landscaping changes will remain post-Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie L1:48 PM

    Adorable, always love your bears!! Like Alice, our bears are rascals…raiding and destroying our bird feeders. Perhaps there should be Olympic events for rascally bears! Anyhoo, love your Olympic Letter & stamps!! 🎉
    💙💛🖤💚❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:24 PM

      I guess it’s lucky there are no bear 🐻 problems in Paris.. CAROLG

      Delete
  8. Do you have tickets to any of the events? Would be fabulous to see the gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:23 PM

      I’m not a crowd person. The thought of trying to get to the events is daunting. I’ll watch from afar. Supposedly Hotel de Ville will have big screens up. CAROLG

      Delete
  9. A wonderful post, as are ALL of yours!! I especially love your photos taken at art exhibitions! I feel as though I am there. In the Olympic spirit, would you consider a post devoted to the Olympism show at the Louvre?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:13 AM

      Bon idée! There are many Olympic themed exhibitions going on. I will get out there 👍 CAROLG

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:25 AM

      Merci!!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous7:36 AM

    I love your poster or is it a stamp? It’s very very cute.!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:08 AM

      I wish it were 🙏 CAROLG

      Delete
  11. Excellent commemorating the PO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:10 PM

    This is the best! Delightful in every way. Love and hugs to you, Bear, and these many bear friends. Patty, Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:28 PM

    I love it. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely LOVE your Paris Olympics 2024 letter Carol <3 Its brilliant! How cute that bear is in the corner too, he must be proud seeing his friends participating in the games!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Absolutely amazing!! You deserve a gold medal for imagination!!! 🏅Nicole from🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m excited for the Olympics too. This bear Olympics is very impressive, look forward to it arriving in my mail box!
    Hope the locals end up enjoying the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you