Thursday, July 25, 2024

bleu, blanc & rouge ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท

I walked into BHV Marais & there was today’s post ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท 

I’ve been looking for signs. Olympics signs everywhere. These tartes are from Galeries Lafayette Gourmet. And unintentionally patriotic ๐Ÿคท‍♀️

It appears a decision was made NOT to go with country colors bleu, blanc & rouge ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท at the Olympics. I wish someone asked me.
Turquoise, pink and white motif is unusual. Surely no country’s feelings could be diplomatically injured by this odd combo.
One is reminded of the old expression K.I.S.S. ๐Ÿ’‹ 

Regarde. Les Tourists! The first I’ve seen yet…

Back to today’s color theme. Big Merci to Mariage Frรจres ๐Ÿ‘

Bonjour BHV Who is gonna wear this?

Who is gonna wear this outfit ? 

The shoes are fine ๐Ÿ‘ 

The notebooks/carnets nail it ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท

Moรซt & Chandon Champagne did a good job ๐Ÿ‘
This is a limited edition (special for the Paris Olympics?).

Drink ๐Ÿฅค companies are better at this then the rest of em

Paris sucre/sugar got in on the act ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

The reason I went into BHV in the first place…I figured for sure they would have my red, white and blue ribbon on the craft floor that I put in your Paris letters ๐Ÿ’Œ

I figured wrong ๐Ÿ™ They did have Turquoise, pink and white posters no one was buying…
Pierre Hermรฉ is the only one to jump in the ring with boxed set ps of Olympic-themed macarons. Are they keepers? You tell me.

M.Hermรฉ got these pink/rosรฉ desserts right. Where is the turquoise and white of the Olympics color combo??

I liked Pierre Marcolini’s ice cream counter at Galeries Lafayette Gourmet. 

The freshly churned ice cream looked very appealing
What THEY were wearing in Galeries Lafayette…
Seen in the street - my guess is the tourists (those big backpacks) are on the right and locals wearing sandals on the left. What do you think? 

Speaking of PINK, they have strewn my street with jolly pink flags!?

Very THINK PINK non?

Wondering what they will do on those pink stages ๐Ÿ’ƒ for tomorrow’s Opening Ceremony. La la la la la ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ 

Psst. I just heard ๐Ÿ˜ฒ from a visiting neighbor…we may be sequestered at 7:30 pm
 while the grand event takes place. i.e. not allowed out of our building ๐Ÿคฏ 
My Olympic Bears ๐Ÿป in Messy Nessy’s Cabinet shop window ๐Ÿคธ‍♂️ 
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. 
Sign up to receive whimsical treasures in your mail ๐Ÿ“ฎ
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much!
My view on the Opening Ceremony tonite. 
View of the Marais out my window



 

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Your cleverness never ceases to amaze me! What a great topic! Hope you are able to avoid the crowds and find some time to relax over the next few weeks!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿค❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:13 AM

      L❤️VE Nicole from ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:16 AM

    You are a source of Paris joy for so many of us. Thank you for your creativity and unique vision of Paris. Your art captures the spirit of Paris and feeds our frenzy for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:02 AM

      A feeding frenzy? Like that Shark ๐Ÿฆˆ in the Seine movie? ๐Ÿคฃ

      Delete
  3. loved the photo of the locals v tourists -- the locals made slouchy pants chic and the tourists just looked sloppy baggy! Message to self -- don't do this when traveling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:00 AM

      Excellent analysis ๐Ÿ‘ CAROLG

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:00 AM

    It’s so much fun seeing Paris through your eyes! Thank you and good luck with the Olympic crowds!
    Linda in CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:05 AM

    On the first “what THEY are wearing” photo, the woman on the far left in all black with the Hermes bag is NOT liking the shorts on the woman with the legs that go on forever. Style clash or jealousy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:30 PM

      How could you tell that was a Hermรฉs bag?! Sharp eyes ๐Ÿ‘️

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:48 PM

      I noticed that too!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Wonderful post, thank you Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Things were good until the clothes. Then the American tourists looking like crap as usual. Embarrassing. The food looks great. I would be spending my time eating and not watching. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Wonderful post Carol as it is always interesting to see how the locals feel when dealing with the Olympics and the crowds of tourists. Loved the clothing comparisons and of course one can tell the tourists from the locals. Prefer the national colors too over the Olympic chosen colors turquoise, pink and white. Just me. Hope you will not be sequestered in your apartment during the opening ceremonies. Merci Carol for bringing Paris to us via photos as it is always a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:28 PM

      Above comment by Suzanne P.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:28 PM

      Thank you Suzanne P. Even if they let us out…we can’t see much from our side of the street ๐Ÿ™

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Pink seems to be everywhere. Annual Halloween decor is filled with pink this year! Very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:25 PM

    INDEED WONDERFUL POST! CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Just saw MessyNessy has Bear Eiffel tower letter in her shop window! B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:37 PM

    I loved your post today. I was in Beijing just before the 2008 Olympics and the whole city was decked out in the Olympic ring colors, which were much more primary. I agree that pink and baby blue don’t have much energy. The Barbie pink stage in your neighborhood might have some kind of performance on it. Looking forward to more of your unique and wonderful Olympic coverage! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie L4:42 PM

    Love your photos, Carol! The woman giving the side-eye to the leggy short-shorts girl is priceless! And, the tourists in multiple layers of wrinkly clothes are dead giveaways…I will NOT assume that they are Americans.

    Can you see the river by the window by your desk? It would be grand if you didn’t need to leave your apartment at all during the opening ceremonies. Anyhoo, I hope you can find some joy in the festivities to make up for all the inconvenience.

    Your Bear watercolor looks wonderful in the window of Messy Nessy’s Cabinet of Curiosities…I need to go there!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to see through your eyes Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Herme' boxes are definite keepers - very clever! Hopefully the colors of the Games will become more acceptable as the games themselves commence, and are seen throughout the venues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It will be fun to follow the Olympics with you! I hope you are allowed to leave during the open if you want to. Can you see it from your roof?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m behind on blog posts but I think the tarts look the best and I would eat a raspberry one and a blueberry one if I was in Paris. I agree the red shoes are okay. I think they’ve kept the bleu/blanc/rouge for the athletes colours?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you