Friday, July 26, 2024

Les Danseurs ๐Ÿ’ƒ Update Opening Ceremony ๐ŸŽ‰

JO tourists
I went out to pay my Free Mobile bill…and to catch some real live tourists. 
I found them immediately rolling their suitcases ๐Ÿงณ looking weary & jetlaged.

2 tourists eating Paris pastries
Evidently the expected 11,000,000 Olympic guests are arriving today! These two (from Espaรฑa?) are devouring FOUR pastries from PAUL...hmm

Paul Boulangerie pastries
Eclaire, tarte citron, croissant d’amande and beignet. 
PAUL Boulangerie is better for viennoiseries and breakfasts ☕️ Not where you want to go for your 1st taste of Paris pastry imo.
Large group of dancers in the street
Moving along rue de Rivoli,  I spy a large group, thinking they were tourists I dash over...
Group pf Olympic dancers
 Clearly they are NOT tourists. Must be dancers…
One young woman had on a Yankees hat, pink yoga mat rolled inside a ‘bio’ tote bag and smoking…๐Ÿ™„ 
JO dancers in the street
Yup they are Dancers ๐Ÿฉฐ Plier please.
Pen sketches of ballet dancer practicing inhe pool showers
I’m reminded of a dancer I saw last year, doing her exercise routine in my pool’s ๐ŸŠ communal showers ๐Ÿšฟ 
I got chatting with one of them. She was from The Netherlands and part of this TOP SECRET group of international dancers performing along the Seine tonight!! WOO WOO
JO dancers
They are all wearing the turquoise, pink and white JO badges.
International dancers performing in Paris
They have been performing around town all this week…
All of a sudden they are off to some new secret destination for last minute rehearsals for tonight.
I’m longing to follow, but un-Free Mobile is waiting for me to pay € my bill around the corner 
One savvy dancer is wearing those 
Chic red shoes from BHV yesterday.
Enfin I headed for home ๐Ÿก 
 My street was lined with police vans. The guys were busy eating lunch ๐Ÿฅช. I asked several ๐Ÿ‘ฎ‍♀️ and I believe residents will be allowed out on our street. Will we be able to see anything is up for grabs…
Will it rain ๐ŸŒง️ on Paris’ parade at 7:30 tonight
? I hope not ๐Ÿ™ 
The creator of this mammoth extravaganza is Thomas Jolly, has been working on it for 2 years with top talent. No can-can dancers ๐Ÿ’ƒ or gypsy
accordions ๐Ÿช— 
Yup, 
Think PINK! ๐ŸŽ‰



20 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Carol enjoy it. I have watched a show of all of the preparations. Unbelievable. This opening ceremony is going to be so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:39 AM

      Where did you see that? I would love to catch it. I can hear lots of noise out my window. At lease the weather is clearing up ๐Ÿ™

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:40 AM

    What a lucky woman you are to be a resident right in the midst of all that fabulous action! Keep the posts a-comin’! What do you see from your apartment….a bird’s eye view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:00 AM

      The Marais! ๐Ÿฅณ

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Thank you so much for sharing these posts!!! When there is so much for you to do and see, it is so generous of you to take the time to show us what is happening!!! Stay safe and big hugs from ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:05 AM

    This is a wonderful post Carol as it is really interesting seeing Paris get ready for the Olympic opening ceremonies. Stay safe. I know you do not like crowds (me either) but I do so appreciate your taking the time to take photos to share with us. Merci. -Suzanne P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Thank you for on-the-spot coverage from your neighborhood. Fingers crossed for clear skies during the parade on the Seine—and I do hope you’ll be allowed out of your apartment to see it as it passes by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:25 AM

      I think we’re being allowed out but not much a view..qui sait ๐Ÿ™

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Carol, It’s wonderful that you have a ringside seat. Always look forward to your posts. Have fun and stay safe! Terry G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:30 AM

    There are a lot of white vans behind that fence!
    Good job you weren’t going out of Paris, I just read the news about the arson attack on the TGV train network. Hope they get it fixed soon. Kirra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:30 AM

      Les flic eating their dejeuner in a very tidy manner ๐Ÿฝ️

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12:13 PM

    I’m delighting in your reportage of les jeux Olympiques and also glad to not be there myself. Bon courage! T’embrasse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie L12:24 PM

    Well you certainly do have a ringside seat to the behind-the-scenes preparations, Carol. Here’s hoping you get to see some of the spectacular water parade. And, hoping that the rain holds off! ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sukicart1:24 PM

    Thanks for keeping us up to date on the preparations for the big event. Can't wait to watch - hope you get to see some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very excited..the ceremony is beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:29 PM

    I was going to ask if you are now swimming in the Seine instead of going to the gym ๐Ÿ˜œ DP

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:43 PM

    So there was can-can dancing after all! Paris is still beautiful even in the rain. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:43 AM

    These Olympic Games opening was really strange. I saw it on TV and certain songs like the one of Lady Gaga and the singer from Africa in golden dress I decided yo mute. The can can dancers needed more rehearse. Didn't like the catwalk models in that extravaganza. Plus the "vedettes " for tourists used to transport athletes???? The entire opening show was way tooooo long imo and really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally I loved the opening celebrations after the boat show..:) Lovely to honor each country but long and how great they had the resources to use boats.But The rest of the nightime show was beyond my expectations..The horsewoman:) Oh my gosh.. all the athletes and the Eiffel tower..honoring the 100 yr old olympian..The iconic tower..And of. course Cรฉline.Having watched the documentary..I was moved to tears.Both Jacques and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of good-- I hope you can get out. I didn't see any olympics yet but recorded the opening and some of my fave events. It'll be a busy watching week when I'm home!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you