Friday, January 16, 2009

Ceci-Cela Patisserie


Ceci-Cela Pastries, 5" x 7"
Ah ha - Now for my long time favorite and truly "Frenchie" New York patisserie!
Ceci-Cela Patisserie My petit dejeuner, 5" x 7
Ceci-Cela Patisserie at 55 Spring Street in Soho
This is not one of your fancy-shmancy patisseries with delusions of Parisien grandeur by the way.
Ceci-Cela Patisserie Ceci-Cela Patisserie is quite unassuming...

Plastered on the front door is a reminder to get some Galette de Roi while you can...
Ceci-Cela Patisserie Inside crowns and signs abound...

Ceci-Cela Patisserie Et voila! La Galette des Roi!!!

Ceci-Cela PatisserieAND you can buy a single slice too if you want! HA!
Ceci-Cela Patisserie This sign in the front window is typical of what you see in most humble French corner pastry shops (but never in Pierre Herme's window - not necessary).


Ceci-Cela Patisserie The interior is not the least bit glitzy, but Ceci-Cela has been around for 15 years producing the same reliable, everyday classic French goodies, and that's what counts!
Ceci-Cela Patisserie And of course you can get an espresso or whatever to go with your pur beurre croissant...

Ceci-Cela Patisserie Plus lots of luscious petit fours, all very glossy too....

Ceci-Cela Patisserie Les eclairs bien sur...
Ceci-Cela Patisserie And mini portions of langue du chat and madeleine...

Ceci-Cela PatisserieMy absolute favorite is Ceci-Cela's palmier pur beurre...


I did myself much bodily harm this morning dipping this into my chocolat chaud...

See the picture above Can you blame me?

~

BON Dimanche!

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Hi Carol--I hope you are warm and toasty.
    I have a tech question--when you photograph inside the lovely bakeries--do you use flash or not--I have tried with the flash and my photos do not come out that good.
    Please any advice will do--I am starting a blog...will keep you posted--I told a friend about you and how a very nice e-mail comes daily--I hope she will check you out--she loves water colors and stuff(and has some money to spend).
    Amities,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER USE FLASH!!!
    in fact with a digitsl camera you NEVER NEED TO USE THE FLASH, unless shooting whirling dirvishes at night to stop the action.
    I shoot indoors using the lite balance setting...
    Bon Chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm polish living in France and I understand very well your passion for ''french petit dejeuner''. I love your water colors!
    Cordialement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:27 AM

    C'est si bon!

    Love the palmier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go there when I was lazy and didn't want to bake a French cake. Oh,oh,oh, the galette is very expensive here, even if I translate in euros!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh...you make me drool for these lovelies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Adorable.

    All your artwork is lovely.

    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Et Bonne Weekend to you too - just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love it, a delcious concoction that may well see me gaining extra lbs just from looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Formidable!! J'adore la patisserie française à NY!! Elle est magnifique, la galette des rois!! I hope you ate some! Did you get the fève. My was Mr. Burns from Les Simpsons (haha... I wanted Lisa). But the crown was of the Simpsons... Someone has a good sense of humor over here!! Hope you are doing well... Bon WE... Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Ohh..I just found your blog and I'm loving it! I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this Carol! I hope I can meet you there one day for palmiers and hot chocolate...one day it is not 17F in NY! I hope you are staying warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh your paintings are delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:57 PM

    wow, very nice and delicious pics...merci

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can NOT blame you... dip away and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:50 AM

    The week end is half through when I'm posting... So I 'll say "bon dimanche !"
    M-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete
  16. My God, that looks good!
    Great photos and I love the poster art in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:18 PM

    What a find! I haven't had a palmier in years! Even though our Swiss bakery does wonderful ones! What have I been thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:28 AM

    wow..delicious...wish I can have one of those above. Yum Yum..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:12 AM

    Your photo of the quaint storefront is a work of art. Your painting a temptation.
    Happy days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous4:03 AM

    I am so hungry now! These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Speaking of bodily harm, I came up with a way to have hot chocolate with lotsa body and a very small carbohydrate footprint. Check my recipe at:
    http://www.grouprecipes.com/36851/chocolate-mix-for-hot-cocoa-sugarless.html

    Of course, mixing in a square or two of 70% doesn't do any harm...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you