Sunday, September 29, 2024

You’ve got Paris Maps, rue du Cherche Midi

 Do you get lost in Paris? My 1st year in Paris I got lost all the time.


Ap of Napoleon sites in Paris
I don't drive 🚘 so I collect maps 🗺️ 
Map of Napoleon sites in Paris
I dreamed of creating my own Paris maps.
A Paris dish towel map from Un Dimanche a Paris (now closed) is an essential for the map-obsessed.
I've flirted with this goofy biscuit map box  in Monoprix for too long. Have you seen it?
Another goofy map online shows charcuterie/ham etc. floating round l'Île Saint Louis.
I longed for La Mere de Famille's illustrated map of Paris candy box forever.
Caramel maps of France hold a special place in my heart ❤️ So special. I broke a filling last week eating a caramel. 
Sometimes I scribble some Paris maps.in my sketchbooks
Even Paris macaron maps.
After 9 months of trial & error I'm thrilled to share a NEW subscription letter in my Etsy shop - PARIS STREET MAPS! .
Ta Da!
May's map is rue du Cherche-Midi - a street I could never spell until 8 -10 visits doing map research.
Actor Gerard Depardieu owns a fish store on rue du Cherche-Midi…
Where can you get the perfect light French bistro lunch after browsing/shopping at Le Bon Marche
On rue du Cherche-Midi a block away at Le Nemrod.
Early stages creating the Paris maps proved a nightmare of sorts.
Moving right along.
Finding the right typography for a map is not a piece of cake 🍰 
Falling in love with curly French ecriture was maybe a Big mistake.
The boys at the copy shop (Team PB) said I needed more guys on the map. 
Do you love Paris Maps? 
Do you have a favorite street I should walk down and discover for you? PLEASE tell in the comments. 
Included in the printed Paris map letter are various Paris souvenirs. Nearby Metro stations indicated.
I hope you'll have as much fun as I did rediscovering Paris!
This is a repost from 9 years ago
I am, comme d’habitude/as usual late with this months Paris letter 💌 & rushing to finish it, comme d’habitude. Please forgive 🙏🐻🙄 Carolg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you