Thursday, September 05, 2024

Jardin du Luxembourg letter

 

Jardin de Luxembourg watecolor illustration
The Jardin du Luxembourg letter ๐Ÿ’Œ is done ๐Ÿคธ‍♂️

The pond at Jardin de Luxembourg
And in la poste ๐Ÿ“ฎ Hurrah 

Ball point Sketch pages of the pond at Luxembourg
The mental battles and doodles ✍️
The Senat at Luxembourg
Were many. 
ClaireFontaine sketch notebook
What direction were the sailboats ⛵️ floating?
Photo of artists boat sketches
I remembered an old scrap of sailboat inspiration I’d saved. Those old bits & pieces of paper eventually do come in handy ๐Ÿ‘
1900 Poster by Louis Abel Trucle
I just found these vintage images
By Louis Abel Truchel circa 1900
Old vintage postcard of LuxembourgAnd a hand-colored vintage postcard of elegant Sunday visitors…
Recent Photo of the pond at Luxembourg gardens
So different from today’s motely crew…c’est la vie ☺️
Big doodle of the pond in Clairefontaine sketchbook
Meanwhile I was doing hand-to-hand mortal combat with the so-called ‘Creative Process’ ๐Ÿ’ก 
With the ovoid, elliptical pond ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 
My color inspo was this poster in the street…but I missed the boat ๐Ÿ›ถ 
Sleepless nights spent over how to draw ✍️ the blasted thing. 
Saved by a visit to Rougier et Plรจ materials des beaux arts ๐ŸŽจ With the aide of a ‘French Curve’ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Luxembourg sailboat vender
I took poetic licence and moved the sailboat ⛵️ vender in front of le basin/pond.
Thanks to whoever mentioned the lovely stone flower vases in the comments ๐Ÿ™ which I added to the title.
The elephant ๐Ÿ˜ and giraffe ๐Ÿฆ’ were added for a touch of whimsey. And special thanks to Bonnie, who reminded me BEAR ๐Ÿป was missing.

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    After spending a lovely May afternoon watching the to and fro in the gardens, your presentation captures the delightful aura. The sails of different nations flags on the boats is whimsical yet revealing of the composition of the visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:06 AM

      I know…I tortured myself about adding those country flags ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท but I was going for KISS (keep it simple etc.)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:29 AM

    How could you forget Bear?!! ๐Ÿ˜ how is he holding up by the way do I need to fly back over? I’ve been practising my surgical skills! ๐Ÿ˜˜from ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:47 AM

      Yes, Bear ๐Ÿป says he could use a touch up ๐Ÿงต

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L9:36 AM

    Oh Carol! You have created a delightful watercolor…so colorful…of such a special place. This would make a lovely gift for a child, framed, to hang in their bedroom. ❤️

    Glad to see Bear keeping watch over the children, just as he keeps watch as you work at your desk. Love this watercolor. Makes me yearn to be sitting on one of those green chairs watching the children play with their sailboats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:34 AM

      BEAR ๐Ÿป thanks you ❤️

      Delete
  4. First place we took our two year old and 6 month girls to in August, 1965! Wonderful memories for my husband and me. Traveled on Europe $5 a day and stayed on nearby Rue Madame especially for stroller rides in the park.
    The watercolor is simple and special. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:33 AM

      Thanks for the memories
      Europe $5 a day !!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:39 AM

    How do they get their sailboats back when they go out in the middle. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:40 AM

      The children have long sticks to guide the boats ⛵️
      They rent them for 30 minutes only.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Why did you change your style? It happened when I was ill. I thought my vision had run amok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:04 AM

      ???

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:56 AM

      Your illustration style changed. Is totally different now.

      Delete
  7. One of the best things we did on our long visit to Paris was to sit and watch the kids and sailboats. Slow travel is the best. Thanks for recalling my memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little girl in the red plaid dress - so French. So nice to see Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Could not love this more......! The sketch is wonderful -- and Bear! Be still my heart........! You have captured the gardens and pond and their many delights, perfectly. Very much enjoyed seeing your creative process, in process. Very inspiring! Patty, Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:08 AM

      Thank you Patty ❤️ this one had more steps than usual ✍️

      Delete
  10. Adrien Bray3:35 AM

    Gorgeous! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ One of your best, Carol ๐Ÿค— ⛵⛵⛵

    ReplyDelete
  11. You won the combat! This is so lovely, the garden, boats, elephant and giraffe. Looking forward to getting mine in the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:27 AM

      I do feel a little victorious ๐Ÿ† On to the next ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  12. Anonymous3:26 AM

    I love this! Our apartment was just steps away from the gardens when we stayed there in 2014❤️❤️ Patty

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you