Sunday, September 15, 2024

Ajiri Aki, Joie, Messy Nessy Cabinet

 

I never arrive early ⏰ for anything. Also I can’t spell 😵‍💫

On Thursday I arrived an HOUR early, thinking I was late. 


In France you’re always supposed to arrive at least 15+ minutes late to a dinner, soirée, Apéro, etc. 

La la la la la. Most ADHDers have time blindness

Anyhoo I got to see the magic 🪄 take place 
As the divine hostess with the mostest, 
Ajiri Aki of Madame de la Maison
set up a tabletop. 
Of a swath of exotic fruits 
And vegetables 
Easily like any Italian or Dutch classic
Renaissance 
I was told, “DO NOT TAKE PICTURES! I’m not ready!”
I grabbed a pen ✍️ and started doodling…
It all looked like a Dufy painting 🖼️ thinking maybe I’ll try that at home…🤔
Meet the magician, Ajiri Aki!
The guests have arrived
At the correct time…
AFTER 7:00 pm (not at 6:15)
Nessy
introduces Ajiri to us.
Perhaps you heard of Ajiri’s beautiful book 📕 
Ajiri Aki shares her story from Nigeria to Texas and how she ended up in Paris and became a leading voice in the world of tableware antiques, hosting the most magical gatherings at home, the struggles of moving to a new country yet still finding joy, how she started her business Madame de la Maison, and her new book, Joie.’
The intro page from my Kindle…
For more instant details I love this Podcast with Zeva Bellel.
Ajiri gave us all an on-the-spot written assignment: 
List 5 small things or practices that bring you joy on a daily or a weekly basis. 
While others told of their profound Joies, I had ice cream 🍦 at # 1
. Saffron Ginger from Christian Constant, 40, rue des Écoles to be exact.
What a Fabulous evening! Ajiri is such a positive inspiration ❤️
I came home and tried to paint 🎨 DUFY still lives…none of which brought me JOIE 🙄 
Back to painting Paris rooftops. More to come 👍
My Eiffel Tower letters are hanging in Messy Nessy’s window. Hurray! You can get them there on 19, rue de Bievre, 75005 or on Etsy.
The walk home by Notre Dame was stunning.


21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I love that book! It’s wonderful, as are the descriptions of your adventures! Would love to buy a book from you someday!!! 🤗from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:10 AM

      Ajiri is brill isn’t she 👏👏👏

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Paris breakfast brings me joy on a weekly basis❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:10 AM

      Awww…thanks so much ❤️

      Delete
    2. I definitely agree with that!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:03 PM

      Thank you Anne ❤️

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L11:06 AM

    What a lovely event, Carol. Ajiri is very talented putting together that beautiful table. This is a timely reminder…I must get Ajiri’s book! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:00 PM

      You will love JOIE Bonnie ❤️

      Delete
  4. Dee Ann11:06 AM

    You are joy!!! Love your doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:01 PM

      Thank you Dee Ann ✍️ The Mad Doodler

      Delete
  5. You are my number one ,love reading your daily adventures and seeing your art/doodles
    Brings me JOY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:02 PM

      Very kind Joanna 🥰

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:36 PM

    It all looks so amazing. I have to ask what are the little green watermelon looking things-cut in half- I'm so puzzled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:53 PM

      Amazing no? I think its cucamellons. Very crunchy and delicious.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:52 PM

    OHHHH, CAROL, PURE JOY! THANK YOU FOR BRINGING ME JOY EVERY DAY! AMUSEMENT, ART, EDUCATION, LIFE APPRECIATION, PURE JOY!
    AND, I LIKE ICE CREAM ALSO!, BEN & JERRY’S CHUNKY MONKEY W A CHERRY ON TOP! CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Oh Carol why not a book from you ??? Such a lovely cheerful post to read down here in wet cold grey South Island of NZ .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:18 AM

      Thanks NZ ❤️ I have one 📕 in my head

      Delete
  9. Sukicart4:44 AM

    I’ve read about her before, now must get her book. That table looks amazing. MessyNessy Cabinet is on our list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:17 AM

      You will love ❤️ her shop Suki. Right up your alley

      Delete
  10. Anonymous1:40 PM

    YOU bring me joy Carol!!!❤️ , Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:41 PM

    😊 Get that book out of your head and into our hands! Please!
    Seeing your Eiffel Tower painting on the shop window made me so happy (love that one) as it will bring your work to the notice of MANY people who do not yet know you and love you. Tourists. Residents know your art from busses already I hope!
    Your column is what I look forward to also - twice weekly hopefully.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you