Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Gourmet Selection, Porte de Versailles, Halle 5.2

 
Yesterday Solli said,”we HAVE to go to Gourmet Selection at Porte de  Versailles”, Halle 5.2

We used to only go to deluxe afternoon teas at posh hotels pre-Instagram days…

Now we attend mostly food tasting events like mad. Solli sniffing 👃 red pepper 🌶️ flakes…
The array of flavors and textures is sumptuous. Guimauves from Arnaud-Soubeyran

Marshmallows divinely delicate and tasting nothing like the CampFire marshmallows I grew up with in the US. 

Samples everywhere 

Were very generous 👏

The Best ginger I have ever tasted from Fi-Ji Ginger near New Zealand.

The best in-show logo T-shirt. I asked how I could buy one? 

                          Come work for Moutarde Pommery. OK I’m in 👍 

This show is strictly B2B (business to business). Professionals only.

Solli was there looking for photography clients. 

And me, I was there…
Fine-tuning my tastebuds, which require constant attention. Caviar…yum. They put a sample on our wrists to keep it room temperature, exactly as you’re supposed to taste it.

Beautiful Japanese style teas made-in-Paris by Le Parti Du Thé.

Plus since the Packaging show

I love ❤️ 

Looking…

At the package designs.

I would buy these tins no matter what was inside. 

Wouldn’t you?
I did not expect to see Texas there. Go Texas!

I came home, my pockets full of samples I couldn’t eat on the spot. See more above 👆 They are almost all gone now…

SOBER SPIRITS

Some people will go to the opening of a paper bag. I guess I’m one of them 👍 😃 

The young woman who checked me in, had a great shade of Lancôme red lipstick 💄 she could not remember the name natch. Do you know it?




25 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    What a yummy post! I bought the turquoise tin with the black cats years ago and still have
    it! I went to the Salon de Chocalat in 2022 and 2023 and loved it. Hope there is something going on there in May 2025 my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:32 AM

      Wow! That is a classic French sablé cookie company, La Sablésienne. And they just opened a shop in the 6th at 20, rue Mabillon.
      www.sablesienne.com

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your friend Solli's striped shirt! Also the food pics....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Cavier on the wrist--what a French twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:06 PM

      Not French at all. The best way to taste caviar is room temperature and body temperature to get the full flavors. Click on the link. The company giving out tastes was from Iran. None of the French companies offered any tastes.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:27 AM

    ♥️! Yay for Texas♥️. What were they selling?
    Love, Carol in Houston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:01 AM

      Called GO TEXAN - Texan-made products
      www.shop.gotexan.org

      Delete
  6. Hehe - love it, Carol: "...fine tuning your tastebuds" - looked great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:02 AM

      Well…somebody’s gotta doit 😃

      Delete
  7. Bonnie L10:39 AM

    Yum! You and Solli go to the best places! That’s quite a haul of samples. Enjoy. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:03 AM

      Yes we do and plan togo to many more.
      I wish I had NOT gobbled down mindlessly last night all the sweeties 🍭 😬

      Delete

  8. What fun! Do let us know if you find out about the RED lipstick🗼❤️💋

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sukicart2:40 PM

    So fun and, yes I would buy one of those tins - a weakness of mine.caviar on the wrist - how sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:00 PM

      I will take you to Kaviari Suki!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous6:07 PM

    This is heaven for me. Do you remember the company who brought the ginger. Maybe I can find it somewhere in the US. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love panettone! I always save some for French toast. It’s delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I would buy the tins too! Thanks for taste testing everything for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:03 PM

      My pleasure Kirra ❤️

      Delete
  13. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Back in the 50's, my mother wore that lipstick color. It was called "Fire and Ice" - probably a Revlon product.
    Love your blog! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:03 PM

      ‘Fire and Ice’ so many memories

      Delete
  14. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Thanks for the links to food websites. I am ordering now!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you