Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Salon du Chocolat 2012

 Last night at the opening of the Salon du Chocolat 2012 we were greeted by Poilane tartines slathered with Bordier butter and sprinkled on top with grated chocolate. The perfect amuse-gueule/bite-sized hors d'œuvre to begin the evening of tasting/degustation.

 Quite a crowd was assembled...

 And why not when this is waiting for you?

 And this.

 Slabs and slabs of so many chocolate combinations.

 Why did I leave my Flavor Thesaurus at home? How to choose.

 Beautiful chocolates from Sadaharu Aoki


 Jean-Paul Hevin always shows up with new gourmandises/sweet treats

 Temptation was everywhere and I resisted many sirens but not these mini caramel tarts of Henri La Roux. I have no regrets! I don't trust myself with a whole jar of his caramel tartiner...

 Pierre Marcolini was there in person.

 As was the French squirrel!

 I fell hard for these mini Chocisson filled with pralinee.

 More temptation from Sebastien Bouillet of Lyon.

 These chocolate lipsticks were Bouillet's too.

 I'm a big fan of these mini, faux chocolate macarons from Arnaud Larher.
Miam miam

 And I love Boissier's packaging as well as what's inside.

 Well the show is over...

 But really it's just beginning for 5 days straight through Sunday.
Don't miss it!
If you're not in Paris at the moment visit le Musee Chocolat instead.
28 bd Bonne Nouvelle
It's a favorite of mine - they have fabulous old vintage chocolate everything - dolls, china, graphics. Really fun. And they have CHOCOLATE of course!

22 comments:

  1. oh-la-la! c'est bon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:44 AM

    Hi Carol! Your pics look great. Will you be going everyday? I am here in Paris, but wasn't sure if I should go on the first day because I was worried about the crowds. I know the weekend will be worse! So I will probably be going tomorrow. Please update us with more pics and let us know more about the crowds. I'm a die hard chocoholic, and it'll be my first time at the salon!
    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. O`my...
    I say those chocolate lipsticks are a must for every woman ;)
    any chocofrogs by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a treat! Those lipstick chocolates are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "slabs of chocolate"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I always bring back chocolates from Pierre Marcolini when I visit Paris. I was surprised to see that he is so YOUNG. :)

    We are living vicariously through you, Carol! How long are you staying in Paris this time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol!
    Your pics look great. Will you be going everyday? I am here in Paris, but wasn't sure if I should go on the first day because I was worried about the crowds. I know the weekend will be worse! So I will probably be going tomorrow. Please update us with more pics and let us know more about the crowds. I'm a die hard chocoholic, and it'll be my first time at the salon!
    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  8. you shoulda gone
    the 1st day is the BEST
    Tomorrow is a national holiday so will be like a weekend day
    tant pis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Carol! Just got back from the salon du Chocolat! I was wondering if I was going to bump into you! I figured you'd be there! But you were there for the vernissage last night! Quelle chance!
    Bises
    Véro

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! I love the chocolate covered macarons, and all of that chocolate in the second to last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm, Carol, I think that JFK is starting to open up again after Sandy. Maybe I could just get over there in time for a few chocolate samples....

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trick or treat! It's Halloween and thank goodness we have lots of choc leftover from the little tykes.....of course not of the quality at the Salon, but I have never been one to turn my nose up at a Snickers bar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness I would have been in heaven with all that chocolat, I am sure I would have over indulged hope you had the control button on C :)
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in Plenitude!
      When yr fridge is full of chocolate or champagne or macarons, restraint is easy.
      It's like $$$ in the bank
      You don't feel pressured to gobble

      Delete
  14. Anonymous10:14 AM

    and all this eating? I became a veggie when I saw a picture of a pig crying in a slaughter house, yes as Nina hamnett said they do cry when unhappy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quelle spoiil sport!

      No animals were hurt making this chocolate

      Delete
  15. Oh that does look wonderful, and thanks so much for the tip about the chocolate museum- I didn't know about that, it's on the list now.... Along with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must, I must make it to Salon du Chocolat next year! It looks incredible. How does it compare to Chocolate Unwrapped in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at the London Choco show last year - loads of fun but much, much smaller.
      Paris is more than chocolate and world-wide purveyors.

      Delete
  17. Someone mentioned Trick or Treat candy: One should not even call those Amercian candy bars chocolate...it's totally not the same thing as real chocolat...I saw a documentary on TV5 Monde once about making chocolate, but I can't remember the title...Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:08 AM

    you are so lucky to be able to go to these amazing salons/fairs

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you