Friday, May 31, 2024

Landline General Supply Store, update on Baguette 🥖 letter


Last night a triple book 📚 party, ‘Food for Thought’ night at Landlines General Supply store in the 11th Arrondissement  at 107 Avenue de Parmentier.

Jane Bertch of French Ingredient was there chatting, along with cookbook author, Carrie Solomon of Bohème Cooking, French Vegetarian Recipes. Carrie will be officiating at the French Summer Olympics.

And 
Lindsey Tramuta of The New Parisienne. which I’ll be reviewing shortly. 
Lindsay and I go back to the days of heavy duty tasting at the once annual Büche de Noël degustations…such hard work, so many cakes 🍰 

Buster, (instant love ❤️) was ‘front of the house’ making sure guests were dressed appropriately etc.

His assistant in the window, also kept a close watch 👁️ 
Landline’s owner Caroline said the French think Buster’s name means Bas-tard. No, she has to explain, he is named after Buster Keaton. I see a resemblance.

Pretty much everything you see 

Inside Landline you want to take home. Like this Frenchie bleu marine table setting.

My eye fell on my latest obsession, beautiful table napkins 

Ever since I met PBer Texan DeeAnn, wearing her adorable red bandana I’m smitten ❤️

While waiting for my bandana from Amazon to arrive, I’m wearing a checked table napkin 😄
At Charlotte Puckett’s for lunch. Bear 🐻 may switch to a bandanna. What do you think?
Those are flattened chouquettes Bear is guarding.

At the book party I spotted a smart neckerchief on a French guy. I was told it was a FOULARD svp. Wiki says: Foulard is believed to have originated in East Asia. The word comes from the French word foulard, with the same proper and metonymic meanings. In modern French, foulard is the usual word for a neckerchief. In Quebec foulard is also used for scarf (écharpe in France). OK 👍 

I introduced you to The Real Emily in Paris Her darling children’s book 📕 is at Landline! Emily was there too.

Next to Emily’s book are those clever cards for children (& adults) on French manners etc.

Everything at Landline is fun, made in Europe and artisanal.

The atmosphere is warm & friendly (unlike too many Paris shops). Owner Caroline (also owner of divine Buster 🐶)  is from San Francisco. They have ongoing events so join Landline’s mailing list.
Author Ajiri Aki of 
JOIE: A Parisian's Guide to Celebrating the Good Life was there. Another Fab book 📕 I must review. I once sketched ✍️ her balcony on instagram.

Before going to the book party, I raced out the door to the printer and stopped in the street. Should I add a Baguette stamp to the 🥖 Letter 🤔 Why not? I raced upstairs & pasted it in.
Preeti Gill sniffs the baguette stamp
It was Preeti Gills mini baguette 🥖 video that helped me decide to go stamp crazy. Her  8 Paris coffee ☕️ shop video is great too. I met Preeti last nite after following her on Instagram.
Illustrated Baguette stamp letter is available on Etsy
Baguette 🥖 Stamp Letter is on Etsy. 🤸‍♂️
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. Sign up to receive these whimsical treasures in the mail.
Thanks for reading❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  🥰  ❤️ Thank you so much! 
Bye, bye 👋 Buster
Small terrier waiting in doorway

 


32 comments:

  1. Stacia7:08 AM

    Loved this post! I just received The French Ingredient in the mail yesterday and cannot wait to read it this weekend in between my chores. Have a lovely weekend in Paris Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:54 AM

      So happy to hear Stacia 👏
      You will have a very weekend 📕 with Jane.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Loved this, always entertaining and fun, wish I could have attended the book event and dinner w/Charlotte and Brooke (I'm Brooke's friend in Seattle) Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:52 AM

      Hi Renée 👋
      Please join in next time ☺️

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L7:37 AM

    Love Landline! You’re right, you want to take everything in the store home with you. I took home a beautiful ‘Made in France’ mohair blanket. ❤️ And, Buster has to be the best behaved dog EVER!

    You are a great promoter for women authors, Carol. I too just received Jane Bertch’s ‘The French Ingredient’, and can’t wait to dive in. Of course I already have Emily’s delightful book, and Lindsey’s books. Must check out Carrie’s book.

    Keep wearing that checkered napkin, it’s SO cute! Love that you scored those scratch-and-sniff baguette stamps…they’re collectibles for sure! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:51 AM

      Bonnie you don’t miss a trick do you!
      You got to Buster 🐶 ahead of me
      Expat Women of Paris are some of the most interesting.
      This town ❤️ tests you.
      Sink or swim 🏊 preferably at piscine Pontoise 👍

      Delete
  4. Love the fouard! I have two handkerchiefs from my grandfather in blue prints that would be perfect! I also have that blue and white stripe shirt! I’m all set to look French in South Carolina ! I’ll probably roast in the heat and humidity. Your post was wonderful! I also love the cabbage dish with the fox! We have foxes in our neighbor hood that go through our yard on a regular basis. Our poor dog, Cory, goes crazy. He want to go our and play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:02 PM

      Perfection Beth!
      I dug out a blue striped shirt in the back of my closet 😍

      Delete
  5. Dee Ann10:58 AM

    You go to so many events and meet such neat people…love reading about your adventures in your blog. Your drawings are amazing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:03 PM

      Thanks dear DeeAnn ❤️ You’re an inspiration. Soon I’ll be eating Tacos 👍

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:46 PM

    What I really love about your posts is that I feel as if I’m there in Paris, one of the best places in the world to be!! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job of keeping us all up to date!!🇫🇷🇫🇷♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Thank you ❤️ Exactly what I love hearing 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:04 PM

    How wonderful to have met so many amazing female authors!!! Now it’s time to add yourself to that list!!! We would all
    L❤️VE to read about your Parisian adventures and to learn about the path that led you there!!! 😘
    Nicole Dube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:06 PM

      🥰 I am working on it ✍️ daily Nicole…enfin

      Delete
  9. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Carol I love that picture of you with your checkered neck scarf. You look fabulous.Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:13 PM

      Thank you so much Annie 😊

      Delete
  10. Anonymous7:01 PM

    About 20 years ago I picked up several scarfs from Provence and am still wearing them around my neck in different ways. Always get compliments. So enjoy your wanderings. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:12 PM

      Bonne idée - Provence has the best fabrics.
      Souleiado has a shop on rue de Seine. I’ll take a look 👍
      https://www.souleiado.com/fr/accessoires/etoles-chales

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8:11 PM

    I want EVERYTHING in that shop! Love your foulard, you look marvelous! Thanks for the best blog-tour-art-food-shopping-reading-playing-breakfast-fun-cooking-fashion online visit🩷 Thanks again for sharing, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:07 PM

      WOW Virginia ! Thanks 😊

      Delete
  12. Anonymous10:35 PM

    I look forward to your post, they bring me lots of joy! I spent many happy times in Paris in my youth. Thank you for your inspiration. Merci Mille fois , Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:13 AM

    If I ever get back to Paris, I'm headed to Landline. What a grand time. My fave thing in this post, though, is Buster. That's what (who) I would have loved to bring home! He reminds me of my old rough-coated Jack Russell, a character of a dog! Sigh. JEANIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:03 AM

      A rough-coat Jack Russell is the breed. What a cutie

      Delete
  14. Anonymous9:55 AM

    It was very nice meeting you and thank you for this lovely article on Landline!!
    I appreciate the support!! À très bientôt Carol. xx Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful community of women you have become a part of! Thank you for introducing us to them and their creative work. You all compliment each other so well. And neckerchiefs all day! I have a wardrobe! Keeps my neck from burning in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:11 PM

      I am sooo late to the foulard party Cindy!
      Where have I been? Being a Taurus we must protect the neck at all times!! Enfin 👏👏👏

      Delete
  16. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Ooo I Love it! 🥖 Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like soo much fun! The authors..the things..your friends..the stamps and your checked napkin:)I think we all succumb to scarves and linen in Provence:)The baguette stamps are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tucsonbabe6:06 PM

    Carol,
    You don't need the bandana. The checked napkin is tres chic. I loved the latest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:43 AM

      Thanks 🥰 Yes I’m converted to table napkins CAROLG

      Delete
  19. Landline looks like a very tempting shop and Buster is very cute. Baguette letter looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you