Thursday, May 30, 2024

Marché Normand, Baguette Stamp 🥖 Letter

Last weekend , another foodie Fête 🤸‍♂️Marché Normand for 3 days of feasting.

On Saturday after morning Butter 🧈 Class, an afternoon Champagne 🥂🍾 Tasting, & a book 📕 signing in the Marais, when I got home 🏠 I spotted tents ⛺️ along the Seine. 

What to do?🤷‍♀️ I took a 15 minute nap 😴 & ran 🏃‍♀️ over to the Marché Normand Many stands had closed by 8 pm but I snagged a box of lait crus Camembert. The producer could not name 🤔 the cow 🐄 who made the cheese 😦
Still it was perfectly runny, especially with a slice of strawberry on top 🍓 I had to go back for more on Sunday!
My partner in crime Solli K. joined me. *Note Solli’s wearing a blue & white striped shirt 👔 
Butter samples at Normand marché
This lewk was de rigueur at the Marché
More blue-striped shirts. Now you know what to wear PBers 👍 Sadly I was wearing a mariner shirt with horizontal stripes 🙄
50 producteurs were present, offering specialties of the region
Planche of charcuterie
Planches of charcuterie going for a song 
Black Normand carrots
Black Normand carrots. Have you tasted these?🥕
Seafood from the Normandy coast 🦀 They ran out of oysters 🦪 by Sunday 😭 
Pile of Normand crabs
We toyed with sharing a crab 🦀 
Man eating whole crab by the water
Then decided not 😦 Better go to Le Crab Martel 🦀
Normand flan
We flirted with 
Normand fete along the Seine
It was a grand fête 
People sitting Along the Seine by Notre Dame
On a sunny 🌞 day along the Seine. Bit by bit, Notre Dame is recovering 🙏 
Cite little white dog at marché
 ‘The Dog of the Day’!
Last Friday I went to buy stamps. Many PBers have been asking for the new Scratch n’ Sniff baguette 🥖 stamp. Was I going to get it?
French baguette stamps with bread and ribbon
It is pretty adorable ❤️ especially with my favorite French 🇫🇷 ribbon cleverly in the design.
I created a special hand-drawn ✍️ limited edition envelope 💌 you can buy ($5) on Etsy to go with a letter you’re buying.
After changing my mind 🤔 on the May Paris letter design 18 times, I redrew ✏️ a Boulangerie letter to match the stamps 🇫🇷🥖 
Et Voila !! The new Baguette 🥖 Stamp letter is on Etsy! And it comes with the Baguette 🥖 envelope 👏👏👏
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. Sign up to receive these whimsical treasures in the mail.
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much! 
Bear 🐻 Approved 👍



10 comments:

  1. I can get purple and yellow carrots. Costco has a bag of mixed colors, with orange as does Trader Joe’s. I love to roast them with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. I’ve got to get me a blue and white striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:32 AM

      You are So 🇫🇷 Frenchie Beth 👍

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I noticed the fete was held outside the building they use for Police Station on Paris Murders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:04 PM

      We were too busy eating to notice 😃

      Delete
  3. Charlotte1:51 PM

    Ah, that's where my little camembert came from! thank you! it will taste even better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:03 PM

      Only La creme de la creme for you & Sardine!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:08 PM

    A fabulous fête…a big one! And everything looks irresistible. You introduced us to these regional fetes. They are THE BEST thing a tourist to Paris can do! You really scored with that Camembert, Carol.

    Love the baguette scratch-and-sniff stamps! You were lucky to snag them, I’ve heard they’re a limited run. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie L9:18 PM

    Hmm…are those churros? Did Bear bypass the fête Normand and go to the fête espagnole? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:04 PM

      Those are elongated Couquetts! Qui sait 🤷‍♀️

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:02 PM

    GORGEOUS!! I love what you did with the BAGUETTE STAMPS 👏👏👏 Chelmsley

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you