Thursday, April 04, 2024

Parisians & their chiens, The Real Emily in Paris

Today’s post was supposed to be on Art 
Paris vernissage at Grand Palais Ephemeral yesterday (on from April 4 - 7). The cutout Bichon Frisé is by Tursic & Mille. Woman with purse pets by Yunzo Paek.

But I couldn’t resist showing you Paris 
chiens/dogs from this week. Seen at the new Pompidou BRANCUSI Retrospective. Evidently Bichons Frisé are IN.
Couldn’t resist following the therapy dog 🐶 

Is this a Bichon at Naturalia, my health food store? Who knew Bichons were 
originally Spanish, introduced by Spanish seamen, used as sailing dogs and as herding dogs. The French developed them into gentle lap dogs.

Definitely not a Bichon at my hairdresser on Tuesday

This fuzzy purse pet is what? You tell me.

I met him at Cafe Judy on 18, rue de Fleurus.

Where I met up with The Real Emily in Paris. Do you follow her fab blog on Substack?
We’ve been trying to meet for 2-3 years. It felt like meeting an old friend. 
You could say we have nothing in common. 
Emily is Australian, tall, married to a French with 3 children, has cooking classes in her house and leads Paris tours. How does she do it?

Emily just wrote an adorable children’s book, The Parisian ABCs, which Emily mails 📮 to you from Paris. Her darling pup Noisette 🌰 

We walked through Luxembourg gardens. Emily was on her way to pick up her kids. Clearly bright colored coats 🧥 are IN.

A Peek seen in the Metro yesterday

Watch this 2 minute adorable French video (with Eng. subtitles) on how mad the French are for their pets.

Must not leave out the divine Bonnard and his chien à table.
I just painted Dash for Lisa. Is he a Prince Edward or is that an island?
 
Voila. How’d I do?

I paint custom pet portraits
including 🐇 & 🦆
If you enjoyed this post you can support it by buy my Paris letters and watercolors
☕️ Or buy me a KO-FI ☕️ 





 


24 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 AM

    Carol, lovely post! I adore both dogs and cats. And thanks for the beautiful copy of the Coco Chanel painting. I got it yesterday. It is a gift for a friend who is a fashion blogger and who loves dogs too. The dalmatian dog is soooo nice. All the best fron sunny Spain, Maribel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:09 AM

      Thank you ❤️

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:53 AM

      I forgot about Chanel’s Great Dane, Maribel ☺️

      Delete
  2. My sister had a Bichon. Interesting to know the Spanish heritage. I have followed the Real Emily in Paris for a long time. I always think it would be fun to gather all the people I follow on Instagram that live in Paris at a cafe for a coffee.❤️🗼

    ReplyDelete
  3. They love their pets because they can take them everywhere with them! Loved this blog post, merci Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:49 AM

      You have your adorable pup Kirra ❤️

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:22 AM

    Some of the pups look like Papillons, of which, I had one named Jasper, who sadly passed away a few years ago. He was fluffy & bouncy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:57 AM

      They look like adorable companions ❤️

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:08 AM

    So I pasted your drawing into google and google said she is a papillon. Good job.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:48 AM

      “You’re a better woman than I Gunga Din”

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:56 AM

      BRILLIANT !!! 👏

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Ah, yes.Bonnard and his dogs. Occasionally with its chin on the table. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:55 AM

      Bonnard’s à table paintings are all wonderful ❤️

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:42 AM

    There is my boy! Dashing about Paris. He walks on two legs for entire blocks. Dash is a Papillion with solid French (and German) bloodlines. He thinks he is a prince for sure! Love this post....well of course... Wonderful to see how the French bring their pups everywhere. How Dash would enjoy meeting them! I can't wait for the portrait to arrive. Thank you, Carol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:48 AM

      You’re so welcome Lisa ❤️

      Delete
  8. Bonnie L10:35 AM

    After confusing Chloe/Celine purses in your last post, there’s no way I’m going to attempt ID-the-pooch! Love your pup portraits. Dash is such a great name for a pup! I’ve often said I would love to be reincarnated as a Parisian pet.

    So jealous you met The Real Emily…she is trés elegant! I purchased her book, Parisian ABCs, at Red Wheelbarrow. It’s great fun…NOT just for children. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:58 AM

      I looked up DASH - the name of Queen Victoria’s pup 🐶

      Delete
  9. Anonymous10:53 AM

    This is just the best...!! Love everything about it. Wonderful meeting spot ...Judy Cafe. xoxo Patty, Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:53 AM

      I agree and I never went to CAFE JUDY before! Funny bc I live here..🙄

      Delete
  10. Anonymous1:22 PM

    The unidentified pupper is definitely a Pomeranian. Speaking as someone who has had five so far (and counting!) Très moelleux le chien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:51 AM

      They look so sweet ☺️

      Delete
  11. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Thank you so much for the 'adorable French video'.. loved it. Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a wonderful life. Rich full interesting and entertaining. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:51 AM

      Thanks Joanna…a lot of running 🏃‍♀️ around. I need better shoes and a personal masseuse 😂

      Delete

Love hearing from you