Sunday, February 11, 2024

Mille & une orchidées 2024, Jardin des Plantes

 

No parrots 🦜 were invited 

To the 11th edition of Mille & Une Orchidées 2024 at le Jardin des Plants. 

Solely my addition. Though it might be fun to have some tropical birds 🦜 flying around, if somewhat impractical.

Not that the superb orchids

Need any extra accompaniments. 

I was thinking some Bossa Nova playing in the background might add to the tropical 🌴 atmosphere 
👍 la la la

Mille et Une Orchidées is held annually every February in le Grand Serre/the big jungle in the park. 
The Garden is accessible via 57 rue Cuvier, 75005.
Hours from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (6 p.m. from February 28), except Tuesdays. Cost 7 x 9€ On through March 4th.

The white tents on the left provide instant gratification post-show. You can buy your own orchid to bring home and cherish. 

The theme of the show changes every year. Last year’s show was a 10th birthday 🎂 celebration.

I’ve been going since 2017The 2024 edition focuses on orchid professionalsYou have the opportunity to read the testimonies of gardeners, botanists, producers, enlightened amateurs. 

It’s 36 years I have been working in the Serres d’Auteuil. I started by chance as an apprentice in 1987…”

“I was 7 or 8 when I demanded my parents give me an orchid as a gift for Christmas”. 

It’s touching to learn of the passionate obsession of these experts and adds another dimension to the orchid’s intrinsic beauty.

I was doodling ✏️ during the preview dedication naturalement.

And started painting when I got home.

Everyone tells you the benefits of a walk in the park. 
5 minutes walking in nature improves mood, self-esteem, and relaxation.


        ☕️ Love❤️Parisbreakfast? you can buy me a KO-FI ☕️                                    
                                                    🦜
       Imagine
immersion in a real jungle 🌴 in the middle of Paris 






20 comments:

  1. I love orchids. I have a few but struggle to get them to bloom. One has a stalk and will bloom very soon. Nice thing is the blooms last a long time. Beautiful show. I would have a ver difficult time choosing one to take home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:27 AM

      I didn’t use to appreciate them. Now I find them so seductive

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Love your sketches and paintings from this beautiful show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:16 AM

      Thank you ☺️❤️

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L11:56 AM

    Beautiful, Carol! Did one go home with you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:49 PM

      No, the orchid shop was not open for the preview

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Botanical shows/gardens are very wonderful. Living in Orlando FL once, I joined Leu Gardens, walking there on many days. Florida Botanical Garden at Heritage Village in Largo, another fave & free to public. Received the bookstore letter earlier this month. Enjoying it! Thank you! Carol C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:51 PM

      Thank you Carol ❤️ cultivated gardens are special places.
      I think most visitors got Luxembourg jardins. I used to go every trip.
      And now it is not so close to me…

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:29 PM

      You reminded me of Jardín Botánico de Río de Janeiro. Tropical gardens are the best 🦜🌴

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I LOVE this post about the orchid show. Wish I was there to see “feel” it! A.M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia3:33 PM

    Bonjour, wonderful photos and paintings especially as we are still in dreary winter. We have tried to buy you a coffee via PayPal…doesn’t seem to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:16 PM

      I just checked.
      Now you have to agree first it seems 🤔 Patricia

      Delete
  7. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Carol I admire (envy) your energy and enthusiasm to enjoy Paris to the fullest!!!
    Thanks for all your wonderful posts ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:22 PM

      Does one have a choice?
      I never had this much fun in New York ☺️❤️

      Delete
  8. Anonymous7:07 PM

    I love the orchid with the black center. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orchids are magical! What a lovely space and you are able to enjoy spending time soaking it all in without the crowds.🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Another beautiful post! And, surprisingly I spotted a small parrot in Luxembourg gardens a couple of months ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:52 AM

      Where? I’m going to Luco 🦜

      Delete
  11. What a fabulous wash of color! It must have been just heavenly in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:13 AM

      Ahh…it was indeed Jeanie 🌴 Your artist’s eye 👁️ can see it

      Delete

Love hearing from you