Sunday, January 07, 2024

Galette du Coeur 2024, les Galettes des Rois ๐Ÿ‘‘

 It’s 10 years I’ve been going to the annual 1st Saturday in January Galette du Coeur at Place Saint-Germain-des-Pres.

Just when you thought the excessive eating was over…


Just when you thought it was time to go sugar-free & alcohol-dry. There’s always a king ๐Ÿ‘‘ sized galette with a slice for everyone for 2€ Kids get free slices 

400 galettes from Paris’ top pastry chefs are donated. Don’t you love the indecision on this Parisian’s face.

The galettes for sale are to raise funds for Association POIC

This year they raised over 11 thousand euros! ๐Ÿ‘

The buffet used to be for chefs only, but now for a small donation of 3€ you get pรขte de compagne. Everyone is singing, J’aime le galette ๐ŸŽต 

And Oysters ๐Ÿฆช huรฎtres 

And my absolute favorite ⭐️ 


The hearty soup from the Sud-Ouest. 

I would love ❤️ to make it…but a talon de jambon is beyond me.

I went directly to the pool to work off the treats. 

After a nap I thought I’d check out the Galette des Rois situation uptown. Research, research ๐Ÿ”ฌ ☺️

I didn’t expect it to be so crowded - the windows are still up so.

Inside the door of Galeries Lafayette de Gourmet, Basque Maison Paries has set up at stand. Staff wore orange ๐ŸŠ Basque berets.

Galettes were selling like hotcakes ๐Ÿ˜‚

Such a variety of flavors & shapes. 

This is the best crown ๐Ÿ‘‘ yet at Dalloyau. 

I didn’t see much in the way of feves (porcelain charms that go inside the galette)I could go nutz over, like in past years.

Here is 
Jill’s easy recipe for the galette des rois with Classic puff pastry filled with almond cream + added pistachio.

I crossed the street to Printemps to visit the paper birds again

And came home and drew ✏️ pigeons ๐Ÿฆ wearing ๐Ÿ‘‘ crowns
For a message on the meaning of the Epiphany listen to the BBC

Dear PBers I hope you had your fill of Paris Galette des Rois. 
If you have any particular Paris requests tell me SVP๐Ÿ™
                           ๐Ÿ‘‘ JOYEUSE EPIPHANIE ๐Ÿ‘‘

 



22 comments:

  1. The galettes are so pretty but I would have more fun with the feves...like the little prize in a box of cracker jacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:05 AM

      Believe me, the galettes taste much better than the feves.

      Delete
  2. Happy Galette eating! I like the paper pigeon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:02 AM

      Thank you Kirra ❤️

      Delete
  3. You have many fรจvess if I remember correctly:) I rarely make them now so soon aprรจ Christmas and still so many treats left..But I love them.What a feast in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:01 AM

      Yes, too many feves
      In a shoebox in the closet

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:58 AM

    That looks like so much fun. I would like your recipe that you recommend thanks A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:00 AM

      Wait..the soup?
      Or the galette?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:12 PM

      https://www.madaboutmacarons.com/galette-des-rois/

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:07 AM

    What a beautiful tradition! A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Of my goodness those oysters F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie L12:30 PM

    Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹ (for the galettes!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sukicart1:49 PM

    Looks like fun, but I would go for the oysters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:26 PM

      Soup, pรขtรฉ, oysters!
      Then cake

      Delete
    2. Adrien3:39 PM

      Parfait! ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
    3. Anonymous9:09 PM

      LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS POST. LOVE EATING ON THIS LOCATION. TOO MANY YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE, BUT . . . . ALWAYS HIGH IN MY MIND. THANKS FOR BEING SO FULL OF LIFE AND ADVENTUROUS!!! Carla

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Our small (1,500) town has an amazing French pastry chef, and at the grand opening of her new little shop today, she had quite a few small Galette des Rois. If the one you purchased had a little favor in it, you get a free pastry next week! Alas, mine did not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:31 AM

      The individual (small) sizes rarely have a favor in them except for some high-end in Paris. How wonderful to have a serious French patisserie ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  10. Anonymous5:32 AM

    Just like being there! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Thanks always for the joy you bring with your beautiful, newsy blogs! I feel like I'm in Paris with you...and you give me great ideas for future visits. B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:46 AM

    Jill here as can’t login here. You’re such a sweetie. Thanks for the recipe share but most of all I ADORE your galette des rois map Carol. That first photo at la fรชte is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you