Sunday, January 28, 2024

Fete de la Coquille Saint-Jacques à Montmartre 2024

 Another Paris party. Everyone is welcome. Nothing stops Parisians from downing their Champers 🍾  & oysters 🦪 at any opp. 

The last weekend of January we have the annual Fete de la Coquille in Montmartre 👏👏 It’s on today at Abbesse till 6 pm 👍

Solli, in knitted hat & I went, thinking Saturday would be less crowded then Sunday. Ha

The cafe terrasse was filled with locals watching us stuff our faces. A classic Montmartoise is dressed in classic black hat & red scarf 🧣 


I’ve been going for
oysters since 2013. If you love ❤️seafood GO TODAY!🦞 🦀 🦪 

This year Solli added escargot 🐌 plus champignon 🍄 de Paris 

And scallops/les coquilles

Everything is freshly made and soooo yummy

If you love ❤️ specialties from Brittany like salted caramel au beurre salé this is the Fete to visit 👍

A Brittany crêpe 

Wrapped round a Brittany saussiçon - a classic snack

Breton crunchy, buttery cookies in caramel, citron & orange flavors

The famous
Kouign-Amann pur beurre 

Were being toasted just behind the cookies

Usually I get a bowl of delicious soupe de poisson 🐟 This time instead I lugged home 3 liter bottles (4€ each). I’m so tempted to run back for more - the best winter fuel.

We each had a hot, cinnamon-spiced cup of apple 🍎 cider from Cidrerie Benoit. Are you salivating yet?

After the scallop fete I walked a short distance to see the Librairie de Halle Saint-Pierre.

 I walked back for my 3 soup 🥣 bottles, passing Sacré Cœur & the carousel on the way. 
            ☕️ Or you can buy me a KO-FI ☕️ 

It’s hard not to think you’re in Amélie country in Montmartre.


32 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Totally salivating for Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am salivating to be in Montmartre having a Kouign-Amann. Sitting next to the tres chic Montmartoise 🧣 would be nice , too. 🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:23 PM

      You don’t have to go to Montmartre or Brittany. Maison Georges Larnicol has a big variety of Kouign-Amann in shops throughout Paris!
      https://larnicol.com/

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L7:44 AM

    I’ll always remember going to the Fête de la Coquille years ago…at your insistence! We sampled the kouign amman fresh out of the oven, oysters, scallops, and cidre. Everything was excellent! Smart you taking home jars of soupe de poisson. 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:18 PM

      I wish it was every weekend or at least more often. Nothing like fresh seafood! I didn’t show the fish monger - lobster, welks, gorgeous fish.

      Delete
  4. Iconic landmarks:) I do love seafood and those escargots in the very large vessel..a thing of beauty.Audrey just gave a talk in Paris..a Tik toker I follow went.She wass over la lune:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 PM

      Audrey?
      Who is Audrey?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:16 AM

      I think she means Audrey Tatou., aka "Amelie". There's a recent interview with her on YouTube as well!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous6:58 AM

      Ach Thank you 🙏

      Delete
    4. Anonymous7:02 AM

      Audrey is Adorable
      https://youtu.be/4-E57OlMxnk?si=KwS1BhVrqszeUl8D

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Oh my, that fish soup is exactly the winter nourishment I love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:05 PM

      I add things to it like shrimp or a cod fillet. Anything fishy 🐟 Yum Yum

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:30 AM

    One of my favorite places in Paris/Montmartre! I love Brittany so might have to check this fete if I am ever there in January…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:04 PM

      It’s a must-do. There were New Yorkers at our table so word must have gotten out.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Send me the scallops and no one gets hurt!! NormaJean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:45 PM

      They are in the poste toute suite 😳

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Love your post on the Brittany Fête! You know all the best fêtes, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:46 PM

      Paris fêtes my area of expertise 👍

      Delete
  9. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Hope you get to go back today and stock up on that fabulous soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:49 PM

      No I did not. 3 liters is fine for the time being.
      When I run out, I’ll hope on a train to St. Malo..that’s all ☺️

      Delete
  10. sukicart2:04 PM

    OMG -this fete would have me rolling down the hill because I'd be overstuffed with all those food I love. Maybe I was a Breton in a former life. Miam, Miam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:00 PM

      Definitely Suki a Breton 👏

      Delete
  11. Anonymous1:21 AM

    I haven’t been to that fete but I remembered your previous posts about it. How nice to have a festive day in dark old January. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Thank you, Carol, for your relaxed insight into the many graces of Paris!!!! M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:22 AM

    Fun post as always! C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:26 AM

    Love your work and seeing your updates in my mailbox. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:02 PM

    have not checked in in quite some time....thanks for the catch up ! i have on the california version of Monmartre-rouge beret and black jacket with rouge fleur on lapel...ha ha....glad you are still there and reporting! merci, jacquelyn in Bay Area, CA. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:57 AM

      Yes still hanging on by my teeth 🦷

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:18 PM

      I OFFER PRAYERS FOR YOUR HOLD.....BE BLESSED, JACQUELYN GOUDEAU

      Delete
  16. Wow, so delicious to the eyes and mouth and nose!! And your painting of the cookies, so so buttery and luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:57 AM

      Thanks Those little cakes are ‘killers’ as the French say

      Delete

Love hearing from you