Sunday, December 18, 2022

LV Dream

 

Yesterday I went to the LV Dream holiday show across from Samaritaine.

It’s supposed to be temporary and you need to reserve, but I have a feeling it is here to stay.

Before entering I first went upstairs to the pop-up chocolate shop naturally.
Top pastry chef, Maxime Frederic designed everything. 
I drew him eons ago at Le Meurice when he was assisting Cedric Grolet !
The displays are surrounded by antique Louis Vuitton trunks. 
Vuitton logos and artworks are transformed into chocolate 🍫 Now I wish I’d tried the little bar(12€). 
There is a big cafe next to the Chocolaterie.
And a huge shopping space with everything LV. 
I’ll bet this is permanent. 100% cashmere hat/bonnet was 360€ and matching cashmere scarf like 620€ La la la la la.
Just about everything on this silk scarf is for sale in the mall. I forgot to check the price 🙁 Maybe not the yacht. The signature shopping bag advertising LV Dream expo was 25€
A wee French leçon - next time you ask ‘Where is the bathroom/toilette?’ Do not say “Ou EST la toilette?” 
Instead say, “Ou SONT la toilette?” if you do not want to be answered back in English. True you might not understand the French response…tant pis /never mind.
Enfin the LV Believe exhibit downstairs. 
An Alex Katz commission of the Vuitton brothers. Tip: wearing a Louis Vuitton outfit is not de rigueur for admission.
The show is a combo of old Vuitton luggage and new fashion collaborations since Bernard Arnault took over the brand, LVMH IN 1987.
There are wonderful vintage pieces like this travel desk. Who doesn’t need this? 
Or this cosmetics travel case.
In 2011 the fantastic Louis Vuitton/100 Legendary Trunks was held at musée Carnevalet. 
The catalogue was fabulous too. I wish I’d bought it. 
More Vuitton vintage pieces in the current show. 
On to the designer and artist fashion collaborations. 
Comme des Garçons, Kusami, Murakami, Marc Jacobs are a few.
Outside the exhibit, ballet dancers were trying to keep warm before the Saturday dance show at Samaritaine. (27 degrees feels like 21)
Inside I caught de Claquettiste/tap dancer, Aurélien Lehmann performing.
And a hip hop dancing Santa. End of show folks. *You can still get Paris gifts sent from my Etsy shop 🎁🤸🏾‍♀️ Bon Brunch🥂🍾

26 comments:

  1. I’ll bet you are right that the LV will be permanent. There are always lines if people waiting outside their stores. I wish I’d purchased a bag when they did the collaboration with Jeff Koons! We’ll have to go see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:21 AM

      Mostly out-of-towners wanting to gawp not buy imho 😊

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:42 AM

    So much useful information thank you so much 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:07 AM

      Really? I thought of it was useless 😊 cg

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:42 AM

    Still have trouble logging in to share comments- vikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:07 AM

      Hi Vikki! Too much bother in my opinion. I am loving Anonymous. Easy and no fuss.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Carol, maybe you should make some of your maps into scarves. The one in the picture isn’t as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:21 AM

      Hi Carol, I like the idea the person above had re you having a scarf made. I don’t know anything about the economics, but I would buy one and buy gifts.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:47 AM

      I would love to do so many things with them. Silk scarves are major expensive. They would have to be licensed by a company. I could never DIY malheuresement

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7:21 AM

    I love Louis Vuitton. I have 3 monogramme bags bought in the 80s plus a key holder and a pouch. These are my LV treasures and wear them almost everyday. Enjoy your stay there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie L7:57 AM

    I’m not a fan of LV…their logos everywhere are just too much, imho. That said, I wouldn’t throw out one of those antique trunks. 😆

    Fun to gawp though. They are definitely masters of promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:47 AM

    For some unknown reason (to me, at least), toilets are always referred to in the plural in France, hence: Òu sont les toilettes is used when asking where to find 'the littlest room'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Ou sont LES toilettes ? Sont because it’s plural = les. Dorrance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:06 AM

      You’re correct of course Mme. Dorrance Will fix it toot sweet

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:13 AM

      To be precise, it should read “Où sont les toilettes?” Those pesky accents are not to be lost…. Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année à tout le monde!🎄🍷🎁💕

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4:24 AM

      Thanks God I didn’t have to write it down. I would be toast.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous12:34 PM

    There is nothing like being in Paris at the holiday. We try but can’t quite hit it. This was fun. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun exhibition but way beyond my price point. Did you get to see the ballet dancers? The chocolate shop looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:05 PM

      No I was inside the expo 🙁

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Looks like a fun day!! If you can’t buy a scarf or sweater some chocolate would be just fine😆. Next time go for the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:51 PM

      Bon idée! 🍫🍫🍫

      Delete
  12. Anonymous8:52 PM

    Your spruce is at the end of your paintbrush, and with a little help from the parfumerie it can be Christmas all year long. Wishing you the happiest and tastiest one Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:52 PM

      Very kind but I walk around all day sniffing trees.
      So far - nada 🙁

      In Canada, tradition has it that balm tree (Abies balsamea) is used; it has the property of exudeing a highly appreciated fragrance. cg

      Delete
  13. Anonymous9:05 AM

    I'm enjoying exploring Paris Christmas 2022 with you. The LV scarf gave me a start - I thought it was your design!! EP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:05 AM

      If only it was…

      Delete

Love hearing from you