Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Le Grand Numero de Chanel, Grand Palais Éphémère

 

Le Grand Numero de Chanel at Grand Palais Ephemere is pretty darn fabulous🎉 A Big Merci💋 to Daina for alerting me to get a ticket last month. 

It’s a complicated circus show to experience and share with you but so exciting and inspiring. 


Behind each giant Chanel perfume bottle (5) are rooms of roulette, ballet🩰, sniffing rooms (what else to call them?)

The first room you enter on your left gives background history on Chanel
With a exquisite light show on the ceiling,
Famous related art works like the Warhol bottles, my favorites for their color washes 
An art gallery with Dalis, Cocteau, etc. Yes that’s a gas pump with a neon sign on the left, full of Chanel No.5. Yes, I would like one of those.
Enter 4 capsules and inhale perfume with accompanying music. The guide in the white lab coat explains how the flower petals are gathered in Grasse and the process of perfume-making.
Watch how each bottle of Chanel is hand-labeled, ribbons tied.
Get your wrist tested with Chanel and given the tester.
Immerse yourself in more Coco Chanel photo history on the walls.
Watch fabulous past Chanel videos like Egoist and Red Riding Hood or Le Loup and Marion
Or Chance.
When I left the first set of rooms behind bottle #1, I thought…pretty fabulous..but is that it
? They said it would take 1hour and 30 minutes (it did). 
In fact 4 other rooms were waiting to be explored. Stylishly Chanel-dressed guides everywhere. I coveted their T-shirt (not for sale in the boutique 🙁). Some guides were dancing. 
I got lip gloss #722 applied in the make-up room. Pas mal.
In the gaming room you were given chips to play roulette. 
I thought of keeping mine but there were no Chanel signature double Cs so I played roulette. Everyone wins. You exchange your winning chips for a très petit cadeau
.
You end up with quite a few cadeaux 🎁 by the time you leave, including a poster, post cards, lots of perfume touches, etc. but I’m skipping ahead. 
There was plenty of dancing 🩰in the show I was happy to see
😊 
And Chanel Tutus!
Dance & ballet are IN in Paris dear PBers. Star dancer of l’Opera National de Paris, Dorothée Gilbert graces the cover of Elle and inside. Watch the video…she is adorable.
The show’s boutique is fun, full of charming €€€€ biblots
Everyone was having a ball at the perfume testing counters.
 
Coincidentally I just finished painting some bonus Chanel bottle watercolors waiting to be personalized it you subscribe to Paris letters on Etsy
.
The Chanel & letter map await all Chanel fans. 
When you wait for Metro École Militaire nearby you’re surrounded by the Chanel show posters. By the way I was told the show will travel after its run in Paris. Thanks for reading Parisbreakfast. Help support Bear 🐻 by subscribing to Paris letters and maps,  🥂🎉🤸🏾‍♀️Bon Mardi PBers🤸🏾‍♀️🎉🥂

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:02 AM

    What a fabulous sounding exhibition! Thanks for the stroll through the many rooms, appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:58 AM

      And I barely covered it !

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:49 AM

    My Goodness. It must have been wonderful being there, strolling all those magnificient stands at the Chanel exhibition. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:01 AM

      Strolling was not the operative word except at the very beginning. There were lines to get into the rooms. I skipped one😢

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Just heavenly! So nice of your friend to let you know about it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic show - I would love to see it. Your lips look tres chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:21 PM

      💋💋💋Love you Suki ❤️

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I like the Warhol’s too. Coloring is great. What fun this was for you. This has to be one of your favorites. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:24 PM

      I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t yet written about my favorite exhibit in Paris - Art Deco at Cite A mammouth show covering so many of the arts in such an interesting way. I Must move it to the top of the list!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:36 PM

      I can’t wait. I adore Art Deco which is my favorite period. The clothes, the furniture, the attitudes and the glamour. I must have had a life then and lived in Europe. I can’t seem to get enough. Lynne

      Delete
    3. Anonymous11:36 PM

      Thanks for the nudge 👏👏

      Delete
  6. Oh to be in Paris at this time of year. And at this exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:08 PM

      Maybe it will be coming to your town soon 🤞

      Delete
  7. Bonnie L10:23 PM

    What a fabulous, fun exhibit! I would have spent all of my time in the scent room…then try to hide my wallet in the boutique.

    I have your watercolor of the Chanel #5 bottle. I cherish it. You look great in #722, Carol! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:21 PM

      Tanks…my 1st Chanel lipstick and probably my last 💋

      Delete
  8. Um feliz Natal para você ‼️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:29 PM

      Obrigada Heloisa 🌲❤️

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:20 PM

    SO jealous of your Chanel sojourn. Dorrence

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome exhibit! I thought you should go! You look fabulous in lip gloss #722. Hope you purchased it! Wishing you a happy Christmas Day and a Healthy New Year. 🗼❤️🎄🥂🎉💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:37 AM

      THANK YOU! Ga for telling me early 👏😊❤️💋

      Delete
  11. Beautiful exhibit. I love Chanel. A wonderful look with the lip gloss. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. P.S. Your replies are showing as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:20 PM

      Thank you Linda
      Anonymous is one click
      My name is 4-5 and annoying so….

      Delete
  12. What a great show to visit! It’s really interesting seeing such an interactive and varied exhibit like this. Of course it’s all happening in Paris!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you