Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Paris Valentines Reds

Yellow Bird Admires A Chocolate, watercolor, 9" x 11 1/2"
February is the "RED" month, the month of Valentines Day - to keep us distracted from the cold wintry gloom?
Paris reds always strike me as strong and forceful - there are plenty of true reds where ever you look.
Paris isn't afraid of red!
This strawberry tarte aux fraises is loaded with true Paris reds.
Plus just a touch of pale green to give it that zing!

Comptoir de la Famille, is a wonderful chain of old fashioned styled kitchen and home shops. You can always find plenty of reds to cheer you up here. Their logo is true red!


I loved this whimsical red mural painted for no special reason on a low Paris wall...
Why don't you put something RED on today?
Et merci Marie-Noelle for all la vie en rouge!

11 comments:

  1. I love it when I see graffiti art done in a pleasing way.

    Hmmm, maybe red lipstick tomorrow? I don't think I wear enough red...and what better time to do it?

    PS You can expect my New Years Eve in Paris post on thursday ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:11 AM

    I love your last 3 entries!
    and I love your two birdies!
    Chocolate in red for me
    are from... Italy !
    Ferrero's "Mon Chéri"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your RED posts. So very Parisian chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:22 AM

    Have recently discovered your blog ... oh what a beautiful evocative thing!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to wear red! And I'm all torn up over that 'Comptoir' place! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:44 AM

    I'm likin' those little Comptoire la Famille cups...love red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:42 AM

    I LOVE and want some of those Red and white cups and saucers..In fact the whole set of dishes would be nice. ;-) They are perfect! As is your painting. And I am wearing my nice warm RED robe while reading this. Will that do? ;-)

    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:19 PM

    You can paint Paris Red, or in any color as long as it has your paintbrush and style labled to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That strawberry tart is calling my name...I love red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rediscovered your blog - it is SO lovely!!! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!

    My favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you