Friday, August 09, 2024

Street Walker in Paris

 

Yesterday I went back to see what I’d missed out on Tuesday while near fainting in Hermès.

Place Vendôme
Place Vendôme seemed a good place to start. Might as well start at the top and work down. 
Place Vendôme map on Etsy
If it was good enough for Holly Golightly

Red flower arrangement at Hotel Ritz
First a spin through Hotel Ritz.
Champagne at the Ritz Prost tea salon
Just in case Snoop & Martha were having tea ☕️ They were not.
Hotel Ritz garden courtyard
A brief walk in the Ritz’s courtyard is refreshing. I always tell staff I’m going to the gift shop, conveniently placed at the back of the hotel 😉
Red rose evening dress
You can always pick up an evening gown while staying at the Ritz, if something should come up. I loved this giant  rose 🌹 dress by Victoria Cimadevilla.
Moet Champagne bottle with red rose
Especially since I’m painting roses 🌹and Champagne 🍾 at the moment.
Dior’s window with giant flowers
Outside in Dior’s window on rue Cambon, more giant flowers made of…fabric or paper.
Dior black patent leather rain boots
Dior also showed rather impractical rain ☔️ boots, don’t you think 🤔 
Paris cafe with runner
If you can’t land a ticket to an Olympics game, you could relax in a cafe and watch on their big screens. Paris is overrun with runners 🏃‍♂️…all practicing for the big marathon on this Sunday.
White summer dress seen on the street
A nice cool looking outfit on rue Cambon.
Parc Urbain
Finally I was able to access Place de la Concorde 🤸‍♂️YAY 
Without cops stopping you every few steps.
Water spritzers
 Parc Urbain was closed so the space was open to the public.
I remembered in past summers, Hotel Crillon had an ice cream chariot. It was HOT 🥵
Hotel Crillon ice cream chariot
YES! 
Ice cream menu
The menu Please 🙏 
Crillon  staff prep the ice cream
I picked the framboise
3 flavors of popsicles
 Sorbet with pistache bits (10€). Anyway in the heat you aren’t exactly thinking straight 🙄
Sitting on stone posts in the shade
You could sit in the shade, eating your overpriced popsicle and watch the world go by.
Big brass C in the street
It’s nice when a place has your initials embedded in the street.
Sketch doodle of bug C
Oh wait! That’s for Hotel Crillon.
Helpers at the metro entrances
Time to head home 🏡 There are helpers at metro stations with multiple lines to give directions and maps. Everything seems cleaner in Paris. Good job Paris 👏
Audrey Hepburn in Paris.
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. 
Sign up to receive whimsical treasures in your mail.
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much!  Bon Vendredi PBers
Bateaux mouches on the Seine

16 comments:

  1. The boots hahaha..I have a white linen just below the knee short sleeved loose dress.COOLEST thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:35 AM

      You could fit inhere Monique 👏And you speak FRENCH!!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:58 AM

      Thanks Nicole. I try. It keeps me from buying things CAROLG

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Love your sense of humour and how you notice every detail! Brava! ❤️🏅
    Nicole 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had dinner at the Ritz in may. We walked the long corridor, gift shop was closed but the court yard was magical.🗼❤️✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:57 AM

      Walking the long corridor is as good as staying there 👍 CAROLG

      Delete
  4. I just have to say that the Rose dress might cover a lot of thorny areas.😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:56 AM

      Good point. It may very well have some thorns of its own 😉 CAROLG

      Delete
  5. Marilyn Peretti10:46 AM

    Always a JOY, Carol!!!! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:54 AM

      So happy you find my peregrinations amusing Marilyn! Now I have to go look that up 🤔 CAROLG

      Delete
  6. Roses and champagne -- a find combo! I must remember the gift shop next time I'm near the Ritz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:55 PM

      I can point 👉 the way Jeanie for you CAROLG

      Delete
  7. Bonnie L11:43 AM

    The Ritz, the Crillon, you know how to live, Carol! Imho you made a great choice with that framboise pop. We need those things to cool us down! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sukicart12:17 PM

    Love the Ritz gift shop where I bought the mini Ritz bear for my Luxembourg mini chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:54 PM

      I know Suki…so many essentials there ☺️ CAROLG

      Delete
  9. Dee Ann1:42 PM

    Clever and Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you