Sunday, August 04, 2024

Jumping Into the Paris 2024 Olympics

 

Watercolor of woman diver in the water
I’m having a ball back in the pool 🏊painting pool pictures in water 🌊 color 

Guardian photo by Tom Jenkins of Pont Alexandres III
Photo by Tom Jenkins for The Guardian
I’ve been MIA getting my life back from a prison state & a few days of 101 temperatures 🥵 to focus on the Paris 2024 Olympics

Pont Alexandre III Triathlon
Finally able to appreciate the OLYMPICS 🤸‍♂️

Swimmer watercolor
Paris did it! 🎉 🎉 🎉 YAYYYY Well done you 🥇 
Montmartre Olympics bike race
They figured out how to integrate Olympic sports into the city, here in Montmartre 
Sacré Cœur
Including so many monuments 
Olympics triathlon take off from Pont Alexandre III
Into the triathlon event especially. Fencing events took place in the newly renovated Grand Palais. YAY
Arc de Triomph
It’s downright astonishing 
Eiffel tower Olympic triathlon
***PLEASE NOTE: NO PHOTOS ABOVE ARE MINE, except the watercolors.
I did not attend any Olympics events.
How well Paris pulled this off 👏👏👏 🥇🥇🥇
Greek vase at the Louvre
Maybe unique in Olympic’s history
Chatelet metrostation
Meanwhile to beat the heat 🥵 
Piscine Pontoise
I’ve been going to the pool
Pool sketches
And sketching ✏️ at the pool Pontoise.
Watercolor diver in the Seine
As much as possible 🏊
Tourists in Paris
Meanwhile I went browsing for tourists
Samaritaine Olympic souvenirs
 At Samaritaine
Showing watercolor love ❤️ for 🍾 Champagne Moët & Chandon limited edition.
Samaritaine inside
Browsing
Olympics souvenirs ☺️ Plus they had AC 🧊🤸‍♂️Yay 👍
Swimming in the Seine watercolor
My ‘Swimming in the Seine’ watercolors are up on Etsy. 
Swimming in the Seine watercolor on Etsy
             “
Come on in! The water’s fine“
Group of Swimming in the Seine watercolors
I’m Carol Gillott, an artist living in Paris. Every month I send out beautifully illustrated letters that capture the true Parisian experience. 
Sign up to receive whimsical treasures in your mail.
Thanks for reading PB ❤️
☕️ If you’d like to support my work, you can buy me a KO-FI here  ☕️  ❤️ Thank you so much!  Bon Dimanche PBers🤸🏾‍♀️🎉🥂
Notre Dame on the Seine

28 comments:

  1. Paris and the Olympics! It is incredible.What planning! Glad you are enjoying private swimming events. How are your flip turns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:30 AM

      Yow Sally! I have NOT attended ANY OLYMPICS EVENTS. What do you think I’m made of? 😂 These photos are not mine. Wish they were. I will add a note. CAROLG

      Delete
  2. Bonnie L9:42 AM

    Gorgeous watercolors, Carol! Glad you’ve been cooling off at the pool. Bravo to Paris for putting on a spectacular Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:07 AM

      They really did it 👏👏👏 it makes one proud 👍 CAROLG

      Delete
  3. Dorrance9:46 AM

    Is all the fencing gone from around your apartment building? Are the guards checking your QR code gone as well?? Hallelujah! I can imagine your sense of freedom. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:08 AM

      Except for some stacks at the end of the street, we are FREE 🤸‍♂️ no more checking QR codes, no more nuttin 👏👏👏 CAROLG

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Great strategy!
    "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
    What do we do? We swim, swim."
    ~Dory in Finding Nemo 🐟 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:58 AM

      Love it 😂🏊❤️ CAROLG

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Your pool pictures are fabulous! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swimming water colors! I have the TV on to the olympics all the time so when I am around I catch what I can. Paris did a great job putting it all together. I enjoyed the triathlon , the peloton, and of course women's gymnastics. Hopefully the weather will cool down. It is hot here, too. 🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:10 PM

      Thanks Daina, it so much cooler today 🙏 78 👏👏CAROLG

      Delete
  7. Thanks for being our woman in Paris, covering it all on the ground. (And especially for showing cycling!) Love the Olympic swimming watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:09 PM

      I did not cover it! He Guardian was there Jeanie. Not me CAROLG

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:21 PM

      PS I CAN HEAR THE ROAR OF THE CROWDS IN MY APARTMENT !! CAROLG

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1:19 PM

    The pictures you chose were a good way to see the event. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:23 PM

    DEAR CAROL, OH MY GOODNESS, SENSATIONAL!!! THANK YOU! MUCH APPRECIATION AND LOVE!!! 🥇🥈🥉 YOU GET ALL OF THE MEDALS!!! CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dee Ann1:53 PM

    Love your swimming watercolors..so good! Where is the pool in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:48 PM

      Thank you Dee Ann. That’s an old photo of newly renovated Piscine Pontoise, 19, rue de Pontoise, 75005 A beautiful Art Deco pool, inaugurated in 1934 & designed by architect Lucien Pollet.
      https://www.paris.fr/lieux/espace-sportif-pontoise-2918

      Delete
  11. sukicart3:21 PM

    Paris has done an absolutely amazing job with the Olympics. Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:49 PM

      Yes after so much dread & fear. The Parisians who ran away missed out on something special 👍

      Delete
  12. Anonymous9:28 PM

    I have watched so many Olympic events. I love Paris. Used to walk miles. It is so great to see so many people and no violence. Seeing the city while watching the bike races underlines why I love Paris. Thanks for sharing your watercolors as well as the press photos. Swimming in the Seine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:35 AM

    I am happy you can get out and walk around again! Although in that heat it probably wouldn’t be calling my name. Is it cooling down in the evening? I watched more events this year than prior years. It was fun watching for familiar sites during the bike races and running! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:35 AM

      Paris Always cools down in the evenings thank goodness 🙏 Now the temps are very manageable 70s-80s XXX CAROLG

      Delete
  14. Anonymous3:35 AM

    Your creativity and unique perspective always add so much value. Big Merci Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:39 AM

    MY GRANDDAUGHTER CHLOE, 14 YRS, LOVES PARIS TOO AND WAS THRILLED WHEN I FORWARDED YOUR OLYMPIC EMAILS TO HER. CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous2:26 AM

    Bonjour Carol,
    I received my letter in the mail yesterday
    Paris Olympic Bears 🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐼
    Love it 💗🗼🇫🇷🐻 L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Thank you again, Carole, for including the photo of those two Greek vases from the Louvre show. Magnificent linear art -- like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Wow!! It's going well there! And you have your own sport going! I'm so happy to hear you're back at the pool? Did you mean the heat was like a prison? It would be for me. Last time I was in DC in summer I felt like a zombie, kind of semi conscious walking around outdoors. Sketchbook Wandering

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you