Saturday, November 18, 2023

Mon Noël de Rêve - Charles de Vilmorin - Galeries Lafayette Windows

 Yesterday I went to see Galeries Lafayette Noël windows

And researched them today. 

The designer/creator, Charles de Vilmorin is 26 years old. 
I really wanted to capture this side of Tim Burton mixed with Salvador Dali". Very surreal - a bizarre mix of elements, often jarring and seemingly nonsensical. 

De Vilmorin’s birthday is 25 December, so his fanciful imagination is put to good use.
 Born into a prestigious family of botanists, they inspired his patterns and depictions of flowers & planta.  Charles de Vilmorin is a creative prodigy. His first design collection in 2020 was as a student during lockdown & posted to Instagram. Maison Rochas came calling.

You could easily apply eccentric, eclectic, fantastical
 to his designs. 

A little girl is sleeping. She wakes up with a magical paintbrush in her hand… They love to put us to sleep 😴

 Creating My Dream Christmas was child’s play in every sense of the term. My inspiration came from a story that captures the innocence of everyone’s childhood:

T
he adventures of a little girl and her magic paintbrush travelling through their imaginary world
A dreamer with boundless imagination and creativity, escaping into her own little world to enjoy a truly amazing Christmas

I’ll take you inside de Vilmorin’s private world

Thank you Vogue. A visit to his arty flat in Batignolles (a short video with Eng. subtitles).  

It will tell you more about his designs then I can

I wish my workspace looked like his 🙏 Quelle wreck

Vilmorin’s chic Santa

Looks more like a selfie than classic roly-poly Santa 🎅

It’s better to shoot at night with
 no reflections. Please forgive PBers 🙏❤️

Inside GL Vilmorin’s tree 🌲 is spectacular 

His vibrant shopping bag and gift 🎁 boxes are wonderful

What were window lookers wearing? The usual noir 👍

I went checking for JUMBO desserts at Galeries Lafayette Gourmet and found Dalloyau’s XL religieuse, plus 10-sets of super miniature eclairs (35€) from L’Eclaire d’Genie.

Religieuse cream-filled pastries. They used to be the rage.
Paris pastry trends change faster than fashion. 

Speaking of JUMBO, order your Paris Holiday letters 💌soon, & you’ll get Christmasy PARIS souvenirs in your letters🙏
Thank you for reading ParisBreakfast ❤️
❤️ Please share with a friend ❤️
 ❤️ And Thank You for buying me a KO-FI ❤️
      ☕️      ☕️      ☕️      ☕️     ☕️     ☕️     ☕️     ☕️

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:28 AM

    Paris never ceases to fascinate. You are so lucky. H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to see the creativity that goes into the department store Christmas windows. Wonder how the designer is selected….🗼❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:28 AM

      It must be a very complicated affair!

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L6:45 AM

    Always a fan of Paris department store holiday windows. Don’t know if I’m a fan of Vilmorin. Half the joy of going to see the windows is watching the children on the elevated viewing platforms…seeing the wonder and delight on their faces. Will Vilmorin’s windows appeal to them or put them off?

    Anyhoo, I’ll be queuing up at the windows like everyone else! Thank you for bringing them to us along with street fashion, scrumptious desserts, and pups in their stylish Barber(?) raincoats. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:27 AM

      The kids were in school Friday noon.
      I was at first not enticed but watching the video changed my opinion.
      He is a very talented fellow 👏

      Delete
  4. Thank you as always for the GL Christmas windows update! An interesting one this year, nice they choose a young person, who I imagine would not normally get this type of opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:57 AM

      Yes a fresh eye 👁️ instead of some global luxury brand running the show 👏

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:16 AM

    Ahh! The artist took me outside my comfort zone! Thanks to you I once again enjoyed the Paris ride! ..an old friend of yours! Happy Holidays have begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:54 AM

      I know! My first response was uncertain..but seeing how he lives his personal life made a difference to me. I hope you watched the video ☺️
      He hand-painted those big murals himself 👏

      Delete
  6. Not my fave as far as Xmas windows apart from the girl w/ the paintbrush:) And I like your workspace better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:55 AM

      Hahaha You are biased I’m afraid Monique ☺️
      You are used to my mess like it’s normal 🤣
      Please show us your workspace 🙏

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Loved this post! Fresh and new. S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Love the hounds in matching tartans in the Paris Metro - so chic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Best windows ever! Sorry to have missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:52 AM

    The tree is spectacular I would love to see what you come up with His mind is so mixed and busy I am amazed he got anything presentable. I love color but it must be hard to live with a mind like his Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Me ? 🤣 No way José A HUGE project 😵‍💫

    ReplyDelete
  12. sukicart1:03 PM

    I love the tree, shopping bag and boxes but a little iffy on the windows. He is obviously very talented but a little bizzare for my tastes. Also love the eclaires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:10 PM

      I just saw a woman carrying the shopping bag in the Metro with a stripey scarf 🧣 If only they had made a scarf out of his design 🙏
      I think too his wacky designs do not show well in small photographs
      Best to be there to experience it ☺️

      Delete
  13. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Carol, I, too, would rather see your workspace and art than his. Love your whole "idea" of living tiny so you can be in your dream city. I have always loved your "desk of art."

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved last year’s theme. It was fun to see all the details in the windows. Are any elements automated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:45 AM

      Was last years windows Jacmus? Everything was automated Cindy.

      Delete
  15. A girl with a magic paintbrush. Gee, sounds like someone I know who does a blog about Paris and makes magical paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:31 AM

      Hahaha Oh Jeanie 😂
      I love ❤️ you !!!

      Delete
  16. Anonymous4:02 AM

    Your newsletter cheered me up 🥳 and made my day.
    Thank you Dorrance

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vikki Hine9:29 PM

    you share such beauty and colour with your posts - thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you