Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Fine Arts Biennale, Grand Palais Éphémère

 

The Fine Arts  Biennale Paris is at Grand Palais Éphémère next to the Eiffel Tower

I went yesterday in the rain to the Presse Preview

Not quite the same as when the public is milling around last year at Louvre Carrousel. The public were coming in at 2 PM.

But a chance for more intimacy with this giant Aztec grasshopper from Galerie PM of Brussels.
 
110 international galeries are represented at FAB this year. 

The Fine Art Biennale is open through Sunday. Some gallery spaces are jam-packed with luxury pieces. 

You wonder whose apartment or chateau they will end up in. 

I would happily take home this headless sphinx. 

Or anything…

Nestled in this cabinet of curiosities. 

*Note to self: art gallery people wear all-black. Why was I wearing buttercup yellow turtleneck & scarf 🧣? At least the raincoat was black.

A small exquisite Flemish painting you could easily fit in any apartment from De Jonckheere, Geneva

Many stunning floral paintings were in abundance. 

I told photographer Solli to go to the show for inspiration. 

A massive hunk of very rare Lapis Lazuli from Afghanistan - 12 “ high x 6” deep. 

I’ve held small nuggets in my hand and attempted unsuccessfully to make watercolor paint.

Lapis is best suited for use with egg tempera paint like in
 Renaissance paintings, though you can be sure no one is cutting up this divine chunk.

The ‘piece de resistance’ for me was this diamond bow pin 

Because I’m mad about ribbons/rubans. You can’t help imagining owning some of these treasures even if they’re way beyond your means. You have the chance to view these treasures outside a museum or a private home if you are in Paris through Sunday.
❤️ Please share with a friend ❤️
Browse in my Etsy shop and pretend you’re in Paris 
                                    🥐    ☕️   🥐
            ❤️ Thank You for buying me a KO-FI ❤️
 🐿️   🐿️   🐿️   🐿️    🐿️   🐿️    🐿️   🐿️  🐿️   🐿️   🐿️
My version of the Flemish squirrel.

And another dog on the Metro





23 comments:

  1. I'm with you Carol...love that diamond bow pin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:20 AM

      A beauty indubitably

      Delete
  2. I love wearing my yellow wool jumper in the cold weather, goes well with black too I think and much more fun than all black! I love the flower paintings and your diamond bow choice is lovely. Good to know if I lived in Paris I could take my dog on the metro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:20 AM

      Your dog would be so perfect on the Metro & everywhere else Kirra ❤️

      Delete
  3. Bonnie L8:29 AM

    Everything is beautiful. I could imagine spending hours there browsing all those interesting things. I’m definitely drawn to sculptures…and diamonds too! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bows! No desire to own priceless things apart from my mom's though:) But bows I love.I just adorned two ornaments with bow earrings I wore many yrs ago.Bows on shoes..boots..Love..My girls had bows in their hair until they could say..staaaawwwwp mom:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:53 AM

      I love bows from afar. I’ve never worn any bows either since childhood.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I lovedp the art work but the ribbon diamonds are breathtaking Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:55 AM

      The diamond bow wins the day so far.
      Just as I was about to shoot the pin, the dealer whisked it away. I had to wait around to catch it 🎀 back inside the glass case.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:16 AM

    What a lovely trip to the Grand Palais museum, loved it all. Thanks Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:06 PM

      This was held at the temporary building in the 7th arrondissement while Grand Palais is being renovated.

      Delete
  7. You might find this book interesting. My book club will discuss it in December. Goodreads
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/628…
    The Art Thief by Michael Finkel | Goodreads
    Explore this image
    WebFeb 16, 2023 · The Art Thief tells the true story of the world's most prolific art thief, Stéphane Breitwieser. In this gripping portrait of obsession, …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:31 PM

      Thank you Lynne,
      This looks like a must-read to me 👍
      Lots of youtube interviews 📕

      Delete
  8. Sukicart1:49 PM

    As I read this I could just picture you attempting to climb over and around that sphinx in your ateilier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:04 PM

      Hahaha it was a small sphinx Suki! Not like at the chateaux 😂

      Delete
  9. Anonymous9:03 PM

    Another lovely memory courtesy of you! During our 3 months in Paris you told us about many things, including the Biennial C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:16 AM

      Thank you Cindy ❤️ I was delighted to share with you.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you wore buttercup yellow! The world needs a little brightness now. LOVE the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:09 AM

      🌞 🌞🌞❤️

      Delete
  11. Anonymous8:08 AM

    I’m here in Paris and your newsletter is even more wonderful, if that is even remotely possible. Merci beaucoup G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:49 AM

    I don't want to miss telling you how grateful I am for your art and artful blog. Happy American Thanksgiving, Carol, and many more! S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:54 PM

      Thanks Very much S ❤️ Very kind

      Delete
  13. Yes , I agree with all of the above comments: climbing over the sphinx!/ not wearing bows myself - my daughter staying stawwwwp!/ all black is boring - but I was wearing all black just yesterday! AND...HAPPY THANKSGIVING CAROL! I give you my Thanks whenever I read your messages!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you