Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Own Your Own Patisserie December Letter

Galeries Lafayette has maybe it's most spectacular sapin de Noël (Christmas tree) ever.
What to say?
Beautiful reflections
Watch a short video on the installation of the tree.
E.T. mannequins throughout the store
Theme title, 'Noël d'une autre Planete'
Anything round and spherical caught my eye
Deluxe bags got black, muted spheres
A mini ET mannequin
Even a mini ET bear(peluche)
Outside French kiddies were having a ball.
Sparkle plenty
Underwater or intergalactic? Who cares.
There's a story here somewhere..
Across the street in Maison Lafayette, P. Herme has flying saucers on his Christmas macaron box perhaps by chance.
My favorite Alsacian gingery star cookies and Michel Cluizel chocolate star filled with bonbons
Alain Ducasse has a twirly chocolate tree I wanted to take home. I painted it instead.
Quite a few PBers wanted Christmas pet portraits..
I wanted to draw buche de Noël for the December Paris Sketch Letter..
Bear came up with the idea of a 'selfie', plus buches, plus a personalized letter with your name on the patisserie.
Et Voila!

16 comments:

  1. It's the cutest!
    Wouaou.


    And the Galeries Lafayette.
    Your first 2 pics are exceptional.
    Happy Holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't Galeries-Lafayette in Limoges look like that .... Love your December Paris Sketch Letter.. So pleased bear managed to get himself in there he looks so cute . You might have to watch him, he'll be wanting to be in them all now he's really famous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and you have a great artistic talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Bear is one in a million...oh, let's be real, one in a billion.

    Carol, on several recent days I've been out and about with my camera in the midst of NYC and must admit that Paris is so much more beautiful at this time of the year. Yes, I love NY and all that, and will be posting some of my photos, but truly, the imaginative visuals are over in Paris.

    And...you are part of that creativity! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances!
      I can't decide if New York is more beautiful thhan Patis at this time of year.
      The French certainly do get deep into the Christmas spirit surely.
      Even the little windows in Hair salons etc. do it up right.
      Post soon to come.

      Delete
  5. I received my 6 pack of maps the other day... they are amazing, so pleased I ordered them and more to come. xxx
    now let me say I am so so looking forward to receiving my next letter, I will need to frame this one, I so love your Bear xxx
    ps great idea Bear, your amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music to my ears Carol Ann!
      Thanks for letting me know ;)

      Delete
  6. Jeanie is VERY excited about Jeanie's Patisserie! Thank you, Bear and Carol -- I'll look forward to its arrival!

    As for the tree -- sigh. I think it is just stunning. This is the time of year I'd really love to be in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all so beautiful and I love the December letter with Bear. Also really love my map of Rue Francois Miron, which I received two days ago. The arrival of your maps is a highlight of every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!
      I always wonder if they ever arrive ;O

      Delete
  8. I just had a massive infusion of holiday spirit via these photos, Carol. Thank you! xoxoxo Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is tons of holiday spirit in paris

      Delete
  9. Isn't this place magical? I was there on Friday and it was quieter than usual which was just brilliant! It was a real pleasure to be there and although busy, it was actually manageable. I even had a glass of bubbly! Cheers to your wonderful maps and sketches, Carol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the glorious writeup Jill!
      Champagne would be perfect inside GL right now!!

      Delete
  10. My God, Carol, I think you've outdone yourself with this one!
    The photos and the colors of each one, are all knockouts - gems!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these images ... Especially the little robot ! Bear's portrait is adorable! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you