Thursday, May 09, 2024

Profiteroles I have eaten, Chez Clément Montparnasse

Last night with PBers Nicole & DeeAnn we had profiteroles for dessert 
We left a little bit on the plate, the way you are supposed to in France 🇫🇷 OK not much 🙄

I was reminded of past profiteroles I’ve eaten🥄
like in Lyon with Carolyn at Restaurant Bocuse. Profiteroles are a bistro classic still HOT today according to Vogue.
Are you a profiterole fan? Let Gordon help you DIY.

Photo by Kingdom52
I found this old 2007 PB post on profiteroles at Chez Clément, Montparnasse.
Malheureusement, the owner of 8 delightful tourist Paris restaurants ended up in prison in 2017 because of a suspicious
 transfer of 15 million euros. Quelle dommage. 
Voila the post:

Chez Clement - ParisBreakfasts Sarah invited Misha and I to join her for dinner at Chez Clément, a chain all over Paris (sadly now closed permanently). We studied the menu outside.Chez Clement watercolor - ParisBreakfastsThe thing about Chez Clément that grabbed my attention was not their food (quite delicious) but their special decor 🥄 Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsSPOONS everywhere at Chez Clément Chez Clement watercolor - ParisBreakfastsWhy they didn’t they simply call it Chez Cuillère, Chez du Cuillères or Les Cuillères🥄🥄🥄?Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsA ton of copper pots hang all over. Some might want to call it,
Chez Pot de Cuivre.Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsMore pot de cuivre hanging in the entrance.

Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsThey proudly announce in the vitrines - homemade mashed potatoes have butter 🧈 Yay
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfasts Pot de cuivre door handles
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsStep inside and you are greeted by an ARDOISE! announcing the special of the day. M. & I got the special which included dessert
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfasts
More spoon decor. 🥄 I love throwing a spoon into a watercolor.
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfasts Spoons direct the eye 👁️ and add dimension to a painting 🖼️  Or to a lampshade…
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfasts I was in love ❤️ with this restaurant 🥄
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsM. and Sarah chastised me to stop taking pictures and EAT.
Chez Clement - ParisBreakfastsWe shared a dessert of profiteroles.
Our spoons went to town on this one.
Do you have a Paris profiterole story? Do tell. 
Letters 💌 from Paris
🇫🇷 are waiting for you in my Etsy shop ❤️
More of what I ate this week in Paris coming tomorrow!

23 comments:

  1. The single large profiterole at Bouillon Pigalle or Bouillon Republique is nearly as big as my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:41 AM

      I just saw a picture of it Kiwi
      Next on the agenda 👍

      Delete
  2. Sorry to learn of the demise of Chez Clement. Have eaten there many times over the years. Funny I did not notice the spoons among the pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:41 AM

      It takes years of drawing spoons 🥄 🥄🥄 to notice 😍

      Delete
  3. Special memories about Chez Clement and still carry a card in my purse. So happy to see the photos. Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:42 AM

      You still carry their card in your purse!
      I wish I could say the same 🥰

      Delete
  4. No profiterole Paris story for me, I’ve been missing out obviously! It does look pretty cool with all the spoons and pots, pity it closed. Always love seeing your French food Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:33 AM

      They are all over town Kirra for next visit - Brasserie Lipp, most brasseries have it like Pigalle & Republique. And Fontaine de Mars!

      Delete
    2. Next time for sure!

      Delete
  5. Bonnie L8:03 AM

    Yes, Chez Clément was a favorite place to take the grandsons. Relaxed enough for children. I always wondered how they dusted all the cooking paraphernalia hanging everywhere!

    Profiteroles are mon mari’s favorite dessert. If they are on the menu he will order them. He especially likes when they bring the wee pichet of chocolate sauce that you pour yourself. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:29 AM

      Ah ha! I should have known.
      A classic Paris dessert it turns out. A man with good taste buds 🥄

      Delete
  6. I don't think I've ever had a protiferole. They look wonderful but I'm so sorry a lovely spot is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:32 AM

      Not possible Jeanie if you ever had a cream puff with vanilla ice cream + hot chocolate sauce. A variation on an ice cream sundae

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:22 AM

    So sad to hear that Chez Clement is permanently closed! Was a favorite of mine when I lived there in early 2000 :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:30 AM

      Me too. Such a fun restaurant. And sold to others who have not kept up the tradition

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Great place to gain weight Kirk H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:30 AM

      Thank you for the giggle Kirk 🤣

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Loved this one Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:34 AM

    My kids called them profitrolls and indeed they became those in my Catering’s world. Hugs AWA Catering

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:20 PM

    I just sat down outside and saw your post on profiteroles. God, I want one now!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:39 AM

    Carol! So glad to have discovered your work through my little french baker. Cheers, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:06 PM

      Your ‘little French baker’ ??

      Delete
  13. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Oh yum!!! So envious. x BZ

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you