Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Timeless Paris by Marin Montagut

 


Last Friday I went to a book soirée for Marin Montagut’s latest brilliant book 📕 creation, TIMELESS PARIS.

It was held in his own eponymous and wonderous shop on 48, rue Madame 6eme. 

Remember I wrote about his shop mid-May when toute Paris was just opening up. You all went ga-ga over it. 

His new book 📕  is just like being in Paris walking around in his shoes 👞 

Full of fabulous photographs and his unique plethora of aquarelles.

Maybe even better since you get to see things up close and personal. 

There was Champagne of course. 

The window displays are always enthralling.


Montagut now prints his designs on silk scarves. 

There are entire corners of the shop you want to buy like the drawing desk area. I’m thinking about it. So much nicer than my quelle wreck workspace 😊

Do you follow CakeboyParis, Frank Adrien Barron. You should. He was studying the cloche à gateaux for future buttercream cakes, his specialty.

Enfin, the author, Marin Montagut, man of many talents: map maker, film maker, watercolorist, book designer, motorcycle rider etc., etc.

You can page through his book on @marinmontagut
It’s a must-have, if you’re a Paris dreamer. It includes many hidden away, secret shops no one tells you about. Many I have not yet been to I must admit. There will be a followup post when I visit. Like Montagut’s shop, his book is a wonderous ‘cabinet of curiosities’. The Pub date is October 5 📕📕📕📕💕

16 comments:

  1. Sybille5:11 AM

    Both book and shop look lovely.
    A must-do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shop with so many beautiful things and so beautifully decorated that it feels you are traveling in time. I have to get his book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post 💓

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your last post about this shop. It is enchanting. Maybe those small books open to reveal a box? I want everything in that shop and the book. Author is kind of cute, too!
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gem! Warmest. E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little shop. Bought the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely will purchase MM’s new book…love his style, his art, all of his wonderful creations. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane Gabin9:12 AM

    Jet-lagged. Took a nap and just got up. Enough time to I venture into city. Must visit this shop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything in Marin’s shop is enormously covetable. I want it all. Off to rue Madam…. (In November😉)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carol, this book is a treasure. The shop is a treasure too but I am so entranced by those aquarelles. This one might be on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol❤️ As always but this was really beautiful and informative. Thank you. I am not an Instagram fan but I decided to follow Marin’s Instagram. It is my new inspiration to continue to study French no matter how discouraging at times..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your post today. That shop looks so awesome & I covet everything in it.
    I ordered the book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shop has been on my list since you first mentioned it - now the book is on my to buy list - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, I would love to visit his shop. I have the book he co-authored/illustrated with Ines de la Fressange, "Maison", which is a wonderful sourcebook of gorgeous objets and decor, can't wait to buy this one. Merci, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember his name from when you first posted this -- and this week he was a feature in the NYT T-Magazine. Here's the url in case you didn't see it. (And I STILL want to visit this shop!) https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/09/t-magazine/marin-montagut-paris-home.html

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you