Saturday, September 04, 2021

Think Pink, a new Single Audrey Letter

On Friday I went into BHV depart. store for ribbons and perfume cards and was confronted with a ton of pink. 

Even Mariage Frères has gone all pinky with their packaging and teapots!

Passing through the women’s clothing floor…more pink for Fall! What’s going on? 

Naturally I don't own anything in pink but I better get on it.

Givenchy has a special collection of mood perfumes and they are all pink. Titles like trouble-Fête · Sans Artifice · Peur de Rien · Oiseau Rare · Indompté · Sans Merci · Garçon Manqué. 


Pink is no longer just for little girls. 

I’m seeing guys wearing plenty of pink.

In the metro station - pink ads. 

I was on my way to the art store. I bought some pink paints of course.

And not just Funny Face is mad for pink. And w
hy pink? Pink is thought to be a calming color associated with love, kindness, and femininity. Many people immediately associate the color with all things feminine and girly. ... Some shades of pale pink are described as relaxing, while very bright, vibrant shades can be stimulating or even aggravating.

Audrey Hepburn let it be known she ‘believed in pink’. I think she was on to something. 

I got inspired to paint
 a new pink Audrey single letter, *It is not part of any letter subscription.
Dolce & Gabbana just showed this over-the-top pink gown in Venice. I’m going to order one shortly 
☺️💕🐻💋 Stay in the pink dear PBers🙏❤️ 


19 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:40 PM



    Pink is the navy blue of India...(Vreeland?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are DEFINITELY "in the pink!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all pink - it's such a happy, smiley color. Love the little girls pink tennies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all things pink and thanks for the tip for trend to come here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, la vie en rose (life in pink)! Who can resist? It’s such a delightful, feminine and happy couleur. Merci Carol!🌸

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need something to believe in…I’m with Audrey…why not pink?? 💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew that pink is all the rage! Obviously you, Carol. That dusty rose hoodie looks so cozy. Do send a snapshot of yourself in the Dolce & Gabbana number!💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely need that dress and Sakura blossom tea💞

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:00 AM

    I watched Funny Face yesterday, it reminded me of when I was a girl, my mother went next door to watch it on one of the first color tv’s in the neighborhood and loved all the pinks. Now I look forward to watching more as soon as possible.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lafayette2:37 PM

    Carol!!!!
    There’ll never be too much Audrey!!!!
    Plus Audrey is TIMELESS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking at your Audrey posts. I waited on her in 1980 when I worked at the shoe salon in Bergdorfs. She was shooting a film in the store and I sold her a pair of Bruno Magli shoes. she didn't try them on, she was a size 8.5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! She was supposed to be a size 10.5
    Someone said she had 50 pairs of Jax capri pants so I’m not surprised she didn't try them on
    I only saw her at the NYFilm Festival from the peanut gallery :((

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I am caught up in the Audrey “web”
    My sister says her
    two favorites are LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON & NUN’S STORY. Have you seen these?

    ReplyDelete
  14. DK, Love in the Afternoon is on youtube free!
    https://youtu.be/aw1vAFYLs0Q
    Nuns Story I found only 5 minutes :((

    ReplyDelete
  15. She was so stunning always...elegant

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never put a foor wrong it seems..
    A new Audrey book is coming out end of the month!
    Trying to get my paws on it!! Yumyu

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always loved that she eschewed plastic surgery. She got older but she was always elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Henry Wilkinson4:22 PM

    I think the first one is great! Captures her beautiful smile, although I agree it must be hard to draw.
    Incidentally I am beginning a recreation of the pink dress she's wearing in that drawing today, so this was very serendipitous.
    It all looks beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear GA, once I get Venice I will see of the Dolce Gabbana outfit is to my liking
    Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you