Friday, September 25, 2009

Paris 0 Euro

Boulangerie 28 Paris, original art

Every now and then I remember to take a look at online L'internaute magazine.


Maille Paris, original art, 5.5" x 7.5"

It's full of au courrant info on what's hot and going on in Paris and the rest of France...
Carouche Paris, original art, 5.5" x 7.5"

The most recent issue featured a new book... Paris 0 euro - free things (or almost free) to do in Paris! YAY "Paris à zéro euro", by the way costs 12 euros and it has a website...

Where you can take a look at a few of it's pages like this one. Meanwhile back at L'internaute, there are a whole bunch of ideas taken from the book and elsewhere on free stuff in Paris like special museums. Nuit Blanche is coming up on the 3rd-4th of October, where museums stay open and free until midnight. Plus a whole host of other free events go on all night until dawn.
There's a video of a FREE! wine tasting that takes place at Les prestigieuse Caves Taillevent! Is this possible? At least watch to practice a little French...
Among the offers - a water aerobics session at Basin School Atlas- I'd be up for that.
This is the front page of L'internaute..
'Course my favorite thing to do in Paris is simply just to walk around and stare at the facades among other visual delights.What's your favorite FREE thing to do in Paris?
BONJOUR PARIS O EURO!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings, Carol! Very nice.
    You work so hard on this blog and it shows every day!
    Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paintings! You are so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 PM

    My favorite free thing to do is just what you said,to walk around and see all the beautiful facades of the shops, cafes, apartments and theatres. I was there for 3 weeks and just walked around a different arondissements each day. The discoveries I made were such fun and I can't wait to return.
    Cheers,
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same when I was there a few weeks ago, just walking and hunting out new places, little gardens, a joy to do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot of Travel1:21 PM

    Carol - That was GREAT! I loved the Taillevent wine demo. Magnifique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you would get a kick out of this:Thanks for the daily smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, c'est magnifique, Carol!! Love the colors! Just perfect!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the paintings. Especially the colors on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jannice2:31 PM

    I second Cris - I love your Paris street scenes! Keep it up s.v.p.
    Jannice

    ReplyDelete
  10. People watch...best free, not only in Paris, but certain other cites too. And walking, just taking it all in. One can sniff for free still, n'est-ce pas? and window shop.. . Do not though let me walk IN to any of the art supply shops...Not 0 Euros there...but so tempting.

    Great question... free in Paris... dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the first picture!when am I going to bring apiece of your art at home?
    I have been reading all things French lately, including L'Internaute. Un bon gout de France! Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol, I think you should author and illustrate your own guidebook to Paris! i would buy it in a heartbeat. You have great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne is right Carol....love this one though, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fav is to walk and sketch/paint Paris. I do like to shop, explore, eat, people watch and well just be in Paris. But until them I will just keep visiting your blog to get my Paris fix. Thanks...Keep it up!
    Hugs
    pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. A couple of years ago we were in France when they had a free week end when all the historic castles and buildings were open to the public and we got to go in a privately owned castle that had been restored into a residence, quite nice. This free national week end was in the fall and happened every year, I wonder if it's the same thing. We were in Burgundy at the time.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dorothy5:09 AM

    My fav free thing besides browsing, is to catch the Ta Chi classes in the Luxembourg..well I did once by chance.
    Also the movies have reduced ticket days sometimes.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous1:03 PM

    it's free to walk in the park at Versailles. There's a charge to go into the chateau.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog and am always thrilled when you have an up-coming trip to Paris.
    Bon voyage and thank you for your lovely site,
    Elwyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Tres charmant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're doing a great job here on your blog. Thanks for always sharing your great photos and adventure here. Keep up the good work. By the way, I found a fantastic Paris adventure that might interest you too. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you