Friday, June 02, 2023

Jardins, Jardin 2023

Yesterday I ate a hot air balloon 🎈 cookie 🍪 

Sniffed beaucoup beautiful roses 🌹 

Tried a new perfume,

La Fleur d’oranger 🍊 from Chanel. 
Don’t these perfume touches remind you…

Of Matisse paper cutouts? They do to me ❤️

The orange 🍊 trees in the Chanel jardin

Remind me of this Winslow Homer orange 🍊 watercolor 

Yesterday I went to the annual Paris Jardins, Jardin show . 

Always 4 days in the beginning of June. How you know Summer has arrived.

I’d love this forest green summery dress..wouldn’t you?

The garden show always takes place in the Tuileries jardins. This is the 18th year and my 5th attendance 

Designed FYI by the renown French landscape designer, ANDRE LE NOTRE

The show is on through Sunday 👏

A wonderful escape from city buzz & Something for everyone 

I would love a petit greenhouse Wouldn’t you?

Bouygues Immobilier gave out delicious, healthy snacks and basil seeds for your petit balcon if you have one…I wish 🤔

You can order authentic chaises 🪑 from Edmond & Fils for your petit balcon

They provide all the green chaises we love ❤️ so much at the Tuileries and other parcs. 

Plus they made my miniature green chaise. 
I proudly showed the grandson my chair watercolor ✏️ ☺️ 

Fun garden coverups to protect your nice shoes from mud

I talked shop 🎨 with flower artist, Jean-François Gaulthier from Pont Aven.

His first year at Jardins, Jardin. He’s done flower murals and even painted a harpsichord! 

Gaultier will be at La Journée de la Rose 🌹 at Domaine de Chaalis next weekend 

I plan to attend 🙏 if I can figure out how to get to Chaalis.

These are called la rose dentelle because of the little bites 🦷 in the petals? Or maybe because they are lacy?

I bought peonies from the stand. 2.50 a stem 🌸👏🤸‍♂️

You could sign up to become a fleuriste. 
I came home after 3+ hours, exhausted & happy with peonies 🌸 to paint 🎨 
I put up my legs for 20 minutes & felt instantly refreshed (*my newest health tip👍) 
Don’t miss out on Jardins, Jardin if you’re in Paris
Thank you PBers for all the LOVE ❤️ you showed the Paris breakfast post. 15,000 views! More cups of coffee ☕️ coming up 👍

If you like ❤️ this post, you can support Parisbreakfast by 
buying my letters 💌 and watercolors from Paris ❤️
                                🌸Have 🌸 Happy 🌸 weekend 🌸






36 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 AM

    It all looks so lush and lovely ❤️I would love to attend LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simply luscious post! Gaultier’s flower paintings are irresistible! Merci pour la petite sortie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:25 AM

      You are welcome Jeri ❤️

      Delete
  3. Wonderful. My favorite things, especially the greenhouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:24 AM

      Yes greenhouses are enchanting 🪴

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6:31 AM

    Wonderful weather in Paris! The Gaulthier paintings are perfect. I'd love to be there next weekend in Chaalis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:23 AM

      It was a perfect day for the JARDINS, JARDIN 🌞

      Delete
  5. Bonnie L6:59 AM

    What a lovely time to be in Paris! Imagine one of Gaulthier’s paintings in your home…it would always feel like spring. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:21 AM

      Very joyous paintings 🌸

      Delete
  6. WOW! What a sensory explosion! So glad you had a beautiful day.🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:20 AM

      So glad you enjoyed it Ga It truly was a sensory explosion 💥

      Delete
  7. Anonymous8:16 AM

    You and balloons 🎈 Karmic destiny meeting up that way ?! Sardine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:18 AM

      I know 🤔 And it was a gift 🎁 from the biscuit lady ! How did she know ??

      Delete
  8. Of course I would love a conservatory/greenhouse..of course! Just wondering how much cleaning the windows would need in my climate..But yes.. Offer me one and yes:) That cookie is a work of art!Chic chic gals..Love the dress .Very popular right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS LOVE his paintings sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Yes! I would love one of those mini-greenhouses. The more ornate the better. It would become my tea house. A small table, two chairs (Edmond & Fils?), flowery china, lots of flowers (preferably peonies!). Heaven. Lars

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Parisiennes in their summer sun dresses, white jeans, straw hats…always elegant and cool as a cucumber! 🥰 Dorrance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stone Well Gardens9:45 AM

    Oh my, looks like. heavenly way to spend a day, or two? What a treat for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Fleur d’Oranger has always been one of my favorite macaron flavors. Would love to e av Chanel scent. That is most definitely Matisse on the perfume cards. Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Yikes on getting to Chaalis! RER D to Fosses…but then what??
    Is Fosses even big enough to have a taxi to get you to the Château??
    Even Chaalis website ONLY gives driving (by car) directions. 🙁 Chelmsley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:47 AM

      I know 🤔 I have not figured it out yet
      Maybe they will send a limo ☺️

      Delete
  15. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I go NOWHERE when it’s hot…just can’t tolerate the heat anymore. I try to get everything accomplished during the cool morning hours.
    BUT, I’d brave the heat for Jardin Jardin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Yes but there was oodles of shady areas 🌳
    They plan well for that

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:49 AM

    That St Regis breakfast brings back memories of breakfast with YOU! Such a nice place to have a relaxing breakfast! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:50 AM

      You introduced me to breakfast 🍳 at St. Regis 👏👏 crazy & I live so close !

      Delete
  18. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Love this yoga wall pose! 👍🏻🦵🏻
    So good you included it in your post.
    🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:47 AM

    wonderful! I loved the green dress too -- I assume you would have to count on having an "assistant" to tie the bow in back....!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marilyn Peretti12:24 PM

    Totally splendid!!!! Thank you so much for the photos. Paint those peonies!!! and show us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madonna11:20 PM

    That is a lot of beauty in one day. Thanks for taking us along,

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely! It looks divinely inspirational. I love your new health tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:22 PM

      It works a charm Jeanie espec after being out in the heat…but I think anytime☺️

      Delete
  23. Thanks for such a beautiful post! And for reminding me about the Garden show! We have been away from Paris for a couple of years, and I had forgotten that this is the week! I plan to go tomorrow - and hopefully I there will be a balloon cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:21 PM

      🤞 🎈 LES ADVENTURIES DU BISCUIT They were just behind the potted plants area Bon Chance I may go back again today 😊

      Delete
  24. The Jardin show looks like so much fun - I want one of everything, please. I love peonies-remind me of my childhood- but, those roses are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11:24 PM

    What a nice childhood you had Suki growing up among peonies ☺️
    They are really loved ❤️🌸 in Paris

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you