Monday, August 30, 2021

Misty Monday Morning

 


At 7am, I looked out. It was all misty so I ran out to shoot Notre Dame..but I missed the boat :(


Next best thing…look in the windows of never-ever-closed Boulanger de la tour


Their chocolate gateau looked interesting if you’re into that. As Audrey said, “Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.”



Ican attest they have the best Pain au raison in the city. I’ve done the legwork. I didnt even like Pain au raison till they moved in the neighborhood. They don’t skimp on the yellow raisins either.


I see they make morning deliveries 🚚 Yum Yum


The excellent bread gets branded.


Their logo is one I wouldn’t mind being branded with, say as a discrete tattoo, 


after I eat dinner at Tour d’argent sometime or other...


Coming home I spot a couple of early fisherman. They’re thinking the Seine is gonna  provide dinner? 


Up close I see they’re feeding the fish hunks of baguette  🥖 as enticement. Bon chance 🍀


The big friendly bears are still around in windows even with restaurants open.


I haven’t got Audrey Hepburn out of my system yet, especially in FUNNY FACE
There are some new Audrey in Paris watercolors in my Etsy shop. Like Audrey said, “Paris is always a good idea!” Take a look 👀 

Stay safe Louisiana and Gulf Coasters 🙏🐻❤️💋

14 comments:

  1. I love these 3 Audreys -especially @ Marché Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up with your obsessions..we reap all the benefits :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Paris is always a good idea”
    Love your early morning photos, grey sky, stillness. Those fisherman were giving you the eye. Do you have to ask before you take a photo?
    Shot of color. Boulanger de la Tour. Looks like heaven. Do they deliver✈️?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cheer on an uncheery day. Love all your Audreys- maybe I could be her in another life (always my dream to grow up to be her).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They certainly do deliver those big orange bags of goodies.
    Although probably not overseas malheureusement:((

    I still want to grow up and be like Audrey Suki :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you fo helping us feel like we are getting to visit Paris every week. We are waiting for the day we can travel to Paris together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh…dinner at Tour d’Argent is on this francophile’s bucket list as well. For now Boulanger de la Tour will tide me over quite nicely. You will unfailingly be asked “bien cuit ?”, before they select your baguette. They, and their products, are so proper. Sigh, missing Paris.

    Your Audrey watercolors are adorable. We can never get enough Audrey. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey and the balloons. Loved that scene! What wonderful treats here -- love the interesting flat piece in the first pastry photo. Looks to die for -- but then, they all do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanie, the ‘flat piece’ is called a Swiss viennoisserie I was initally addicted to them before I moved on to the Pain au Raisin. I could never figure out what was Swiss about it?? But it was very chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sybille9:34 AM

    Your posts are so spirit lifting…sorely needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Craving Sacristains♥Adore Audrey.She's in heaven with my mom♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sacristan are more Sud I think. Hard to find in Paris except at HUNE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol, I love this series. I bought the Audrey map! Thanks for spreading a little joy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving you newsletter ❤️
    Anything Audrey is s’wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you