Saturday, August 28, 2021

Audrey in Paris letter

 

“I believe in pink.”
The Audrey Hepburn in Paris letter 💌 is in the post 📮 with 
Audrey’s witty quotations. I thought it would be a piece of cake 🍰. Ha! Try capturing that beautiful face.

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.”

“The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. 
True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.”

It's that Parisian thing you've got, that certain quelque chose... ...as they say on the Left Bank, that piquant soupçon of an aperitif. ”There’s controversy about Love in the Afternoon . Gary Cooper was thought too old as a love ❤️interest. I watched it again and changed my opinion. 

'Item 1: a red-headed algebra teacher - who first called me Miss X...'";Item 2. A very sweet boy who is now a missionary in French Equatorial Africa...'"; 'Item 3: a riding instructor - formerly a Cossack. Item 4: an English duke ...'" Anything by director/writer Billy Wilder is unbeatable. This Paris film, set in the Ritz (room 14), is adorable, warm, witty. Try it!

“Some people dream of owning a swimming pool. I dream of a bigger closet.”
 Audrey was such a style icon.  Tidbit: she owned 50 pairs of Jax Capri pants in many shades of gingham check.

Life is a party. Dress for it.” AH wearing 
Givenchy LBD (little black dress) in ‘Funny Face’. Note the low-cut back and dropped-waist, details Givenchy added to emphasize her 20” waist. 
Tidbit: I saw Audrey Hepburn in person win an award at the New York film festival at Lincoln Center in April, 1991! My claim to fame

“I believe, every day, you should have at least one exquisite moment.”
 
Between takes, Audrey waiting in her white boots (to save her shoes from the rain).

I depend on Givenchy the same way that American women depend on their psychiatrists.” Sketches from Givenchy’s homage to Audrey.

Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself, inside and out” 
Givenchy with Audrey, stunning as ever in his fuchsia satin ballgown. Don’t miss Henry JJ Wilkinson’s video on his own collection of Givenchy/Audrey pieces.

Elegance is the only beauty that never fades. In her later years, a paragon of glamour and goodness, Audrey was the ideal star to hand out awards and tributes.

“I can testify to what UNICEF means to children, because I was among those who received food and medical relief right after World War II.”

A child is a child in any country, whatever the politics”.
A big Thank you to the huge Audrey fan club on instagram who share so many rare photos and videos. If you’re a fan do visit. @audreyhepburn.memoirs @audreycollection2753 @audreyhepburn.daily @audrey.hepburn @soaudreyhepburn @audreyhepburn.asia @audreyhepburn.italia
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” I dont mind telling you my eyebrows have grown quite a bit while working on the Audrey letter. She is a catalyst for all kinds of good.
Look! Even Pierre Hermé ‘believes in pink’ ☺️❤️💋🐻


15 comments:

  1. The remarkable Audrey Hepburn…a woman, mother, humanitarian. Film star who loved Paris. We loved her.
    Carol, you captured Audrey.
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire had shot a scene in the movie 'Funny Face' in an idyllic spot not too far from where I live in Val d'Oise. The movie was shot at Les Etangs de Comelle located in the small village of Coye Le Forêt. Hope you will come by there sometime Caroll, there's a very pretty crèperie overlooking that spot. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job capturing Audrey, Carol. She was absolutely elegance personified and beautiful inside and out. She has always been my favorite actress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve loved and appreciated your Audrey pieces of late. But didn’t notice any mention of her movie “Charade" with Cary Grant and many other famous and semi-famous actors. It could be just me and my love of that movie since the year it was released. My husband and I have watched it every year for forty years before our annual trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to Marie. I watched it twice on Youtube. There just wasn’t space to do all the movies. It is included in the Audrey map…the mustard coat anyway.
    It wouldn't be hard to just stick with illustrating Audrey anything. She’s such a fascinating creature.
    Consider rewatching Love in the Afternoon. You’ll be surprised at its charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely letter, Carol. Audrey will always remain in our hearts and minds…never dated…always elegant…such an inspiration. How lucky we are to have her movies to periodically rediscover her charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Carol, This is just wonderful. Every part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shalinee, I was going to put the weddingscene on the Audrey map but ran out of room. It looks like a lovely place!thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie P5:46 AM

    Thank you! I really enjoyed this on ❤️ Such an Audrey fan. Seen every movie at least twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being such a wonderful humanitarian made her even more beautiful.No one comes close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my very favorites of all-time. Beautiful inside and out. "Funny Face" and "Charade" are two of my desert island movies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marie T12:26 PM

    Love how you showed dancing Audrey, fashion Audrey and humanitarian Audrey!
    A unique woman. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Empress E.3:07 PM

    I’ve enjoyed the latest PB (Audrey #2) so much with all the extra sketches, photos, etc. about her life. However, you’ve not yet mentioned her love of gardens, including her famous quote “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.” Check out - Audrey Hepburn gardens - and you’ll learn about another facet of her life, as well as the book she wrote on gardens. I bet some of your other gardener-PBers know about her interest in them, too. That interest fits with her personality, doesn’t it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Empress for your suggestions.
    I watched and did so many sketches of Audrey in the gardens.
    There just wasn’t enough space on the paper :((
    Plus my out takes from the videos were so fuzzy. I couldn’t get a good likeness…but I loved her pink outfits. And she did go to Giverny not far from Paris. C’est la vie😢

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know Marie…no ‘Charade’ I was going to include the red coat/ice cream by the Seine event. There is no Paris when it Zizzles or How To Steal a Million.
    No space for everything she did or the Gardens of the World series either :((

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you