Sunday, June 04, 2023

Fete de la Rose, Watercolor Leçon

Yesterday I went to the annual Fete de la Rose 🌹 

At Parc de Bagatelle not far from Louis Vuitton Fondation

You take Ligne 1 to Pont de Neuilly & bus43 for 5 stops. Neuilly is quite a posh part of Paris with individual villas and embassies. Most visitors don’t get there.  It is the wealthiest and most expensive suburb of Paris.

I should have left the house earlier. Entry is 2,50€

Once inside the entry gates 

All is serenity

And quiet beauté

Plenty of visitors were browsing 

And buying rose bushes

Some of us browsed
ice cream🍦 + a glass of Champagne🥂 For once, I could not resist and got on line. It was Hot 🥵 
Why didn’t I bring an umbrella ☂️ 

Inside the pavilion 

You could buy 

Various rose scented & flavored products…Rosemary would have gone to town

Do you need a rose 🌹 hat? June weddings are coming up

Do you need traditional French candied rose petal🌹 candies? Eating 
rose petals bestows flavonoids, antioxidants, and immunity-boosting vitamins and minerals. !? 😳 Should I go back?

Sitting inside in the shade seemed a very good idea..

Saturday morning I gave Rose a private watercolor lesson. It’s taken me months to clear off the table top but we had so much fun 🤸‍♂️

Fun to be reminded that watercolors are made from powdered pigments 

That come from places like 
Roussillon in Provence. These people are walking on pigment - ochre rocks, soon to be ground into future paint 🎨 Your shoes 👟 will be covered with the color powder

Have you been to Roussillon? I would love to go back & paint now after being in rosy Toulouse.

Rose reminded me we were going to do thumbnails/timbres first before painting the nectarines ☺️
Meanwhile here everything is still coming up Peonies 🌸 and painting peonies 🌸 If you enjoyed ❤️ this post, you can support Parisbreakfast by buying my letters 💌 and watercolors from Paris ❤️
🌸 Bonne journée du 🌸 Meres et Bonne Dimanche 🌸



29 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:20 AM

    Roussillon is lovely. We’ve been there several times. I keep wanting to go back. To me, it is Provence. If you haven’t been, this is the perfect time of year to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:34 AM

      I agree totally. Just looking at those pictures gets me salivating. I have never stayed there. I Must change that 👍

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:06 AM

      Roussillon is the most beautiful town I have visited.
      Why have I not been back? 🤔

      Delete
    3. Oui - Love, love, love Roussillon but during the summer and early fall it is HOT, HOT, HOT! My shoes were reddish brown after the hike!

      Delete
  2. every year we spend a few weeks in the Vaucluse. have yet to go to roussillon, but we did visit the ochre mines in Rustrel in the past. magical

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every thing is coming up roses!!! I love yellow roses. Once someone sent me a dozen anonymously. I think yellow stands for friendship. I wear Rose de Rosine perfume. I use to have a rose garden. It’s good to clear clutter and get a fresh start.But you did not paint a 🌹🗼❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:08 AM

      Yes clearing up is very good.
      I have so many peonies to paint here at the moment Ga

      Delete
  4. Yes I have been. twice and loved it.I bought ochres and two brushes in store there with the most charming salesclerk living in Bonnieux.It's beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:24 PM

      Very clever of you Monique. I’ve been 2 times also but only for the a few hours each time. I would really like STAY in ROUSSILLON to 🎨

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:24 AM

    You sure keep busy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:51 AM

    The mom and daughter in the shade is a classic--they have the same body language, crossing the same leg, the hats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:09 AM

      Thanks You’re right!
      I hadn’t noticed that. I just liked the contrast of the open view framed by the doorway and figures ☺️

      Delete
  7. Sheila G10:31 AM

    Bagatelle! A refined, worldly gentleman pointed me in that direction for my first trip to Paris. He said that most Americans had never heard of it, then told me the story of how and why it was built. I made the effort to visit and was rewarded with the beauty of the setting and the sweet smell of the roses. This was in 1985. It was worth the effort to get there, that’s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:14 AM

      You were lucky 🍀 to get his kind advice 👏
      It’s true many visitors overlook it, since it’s not in central Paris, but a shortish ride on the metro etc. It is an exceptional parc. I first went in 2013 on someone’s advice. I wish I went more often. It was more crowded than usual yesterday because of the Fete 🌹

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Good morning, who is the WE in painting?
    Are you giving classes again? 👏👏Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:32 AM

      YES !
      Private watercolor painting 🎨 classes in my chambre de bonne on lovely Ile Saint Louis!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous12:28 PM

    Can you also do watercolor lessons by Zoom? I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:22 PM

      Let’s talk. Can you email me?
      Parisbreakfast (@) gmail.com

      Delete
  10. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Love seeing Paris thru your eyes Carolyn F

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the Parcs I have not been to - added to the list as it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:57 PM

      It is exquisite Suki Very special

      Delete
  12. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Yes I would have been in heaven there! Also adore the rose hats! merci, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie L5:29 PM

    Where do you get your energy?? Always on the go! And, a watercolor lesson to boot! Must be all the ice cream…and champagne. I’m going to follow your example! 👏🏻🥂🍾

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Love your post about roses in Bagatelle! Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'd love to have a watercolor lesson from you, Carol! Rose is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:07 AM

      Any time Jeanie 🌸wouldn’t that be fun 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

      Delete
  16. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Did you see any roses of the Ispahan variety? I just love those!
    Thanks for sharing, Carol.
    Maria Russell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:10 AM

      I did not Maria, but I’m not sure I would know them. I will research 🔬 for the next rosy event. I did see a Pierre Hermé Ispahan (edible) macaron pastry yesterday but not the same… I wonder if he uses the petals of the Ispahan rose 🌹 to decorate them 🤔

      Delete

Love hearing from you